Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By twack
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Like the title says, how do I take screen shots on the Pres3? Does it have a button sequence like the TP (Home + Power) ?

TIA,
    Twack
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Option (Silver key) + Sym + P
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Manel View Post
    Option (Silver key) + Sym + P
    I thought it didn't work because no feedback (clcik noise or something). Went into photos and there were 11 shots (LOL).

Thanks!
    sledge007 likes this.
    some threads are so incredibly useful it's just amazing !!
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    I thought it didn't work because no feedback (clcik noise or something). Went into photos and there were 11 shots (LOL).

Thanks!
    on pre3 I also noticed no feedback, but the screenshot sure works great !! However, on the touchpad the screenshot puts up the camera sound ...great !!
    You will hear the camera sound on the pre3 if your system sounds are on and the ringer switch isn't on silent when taking a screenshot

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    You will hear the camera sound on the pre3 if your system sounds are on and the ringer switch isn't on silent when taking a screenshot

I do have the switch off ...you must be a mind reader ...thanks !!
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I do have the switch off ...you must be a mind reader ...thanks !!
    Well its perfect if you want to take silent pictures. Also I always only use the spacebar to shoot. Press and hold it takes many pictures in succession.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    this phone just gets better
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    ...and better and better...
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post

Thanks!
    At this point all webOS phones don't (never have) give any feedback for screenshots. It is mildly annoying, especially when you can't remember if you are using the right key combo.

guess they changed it in 2.2.x somewhere along the line

Well its perfect if you want to take silent pictures. Also I always only use the spacebar to shoot. Press and hold it takes many pictures in succession.

You are speaking of taking pictures, the thread is about screen shots (captures)

To to clarify any confusion.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 01/18/2012 at 06:33 PM.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have a Pre3 USA GSM ATT unlocked 2.2.4 and using <ctrl><sym><P> it takes a screen shot and plays the camera sound. That's true for my phone I have here. I don't know about any others.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    At this point all webOS phones don't (never have) give any feedback for screenshots. It is mildly annoying, especially when you can't remember if you are using the right key combo.

You are speaking of taking pictures, the thread is about screen shots (captures)

Must have been a change in 2.2.4, either way the space bar is for the actual camera, not screen caps.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Must have been a change in 2.2.4, either way the space bar is for the actual camera, not screen caps.
    I have learned again ...I use the phone with 1 hand and the spacebar use to take pictures is so good to know inasmuch as touching the green shutter icon on the screen is horribly difficult with one hand only ...I learn more and more about the Pre3 and Touchpad every day !!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    preaching to the converted .. I spent a hour on the ios 4s yesterday. Is it me am I blind and stupid . But really what the he'll was the crazy guy (I won't even mention his name) thinking when dumping the phone.

guess they changed it in 2.2.x somewhere along the line

Definitely nothing to do with 2.2.x. My 2.1.2 Veer makes a snapshot sound too. I'm too lazy to activate my 1.4.5 Pre though to find out...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Pretty sure 1.x never had audio, used to be threads about patching a notification.. Maybe that's why I never expected one...
    Correct 1.x did not have audio when taking screenshots. Only noticed this when I got the Pre2

Pretty sure 1.x never had audio, used to be threads about patching a notification.. Maybe that's why I never expected one...
    i remember those threads!!! I think i created one of em :-P

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities