Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I missed out on every firesale pre3/touchpad and really wanted a pre3 for a while. Last night I saw the pre3 was available at the palm eurostore, so I ordered one immediately, before they get out of stock again.

    Now I am not sure if the upgrade over my current pre+ is worth the 200. So I am thinking of cancelling my order.

    On the other hand, I will be in the US the first two weeks of october (Houston and San Francisco), so maybe I could make someone happy. Do you think I could sell the pre3 in the US within that short period of time without a loss? I wouldn't want to make a profit from it, just sell without loss. With shipping, the price should be around 300$.
    Anyone here interested in a euro azerty-pre3 for around 300$? It would be new, but if I get the box, I most likely will not be able to not open it and to try out the pre3 briefly.
    So, if you are interested, please PM me so I can decide if I cancel my order or not.
  2. #2  
    IMO the upgrade is worth 200€.
  3. #3  
    Whether you keep it or not, don't forget it's an AZERTY keyboard layout. For me a no go, but maybe the lucky one doesn't mind.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter
    IMO the upgrade is worth 200.
    well, I'm not sure yet. I'd love to have the bigger, higher resolution screen. But I am not aware of a killer application, something that I couldn't do with my pre+ or which would be much better with the pre3. 200 is quite a price for something I don't really need (but still want...).
    I'm thinking about keeping the pre3 as an investment in the future. The alternatives don't look as good. I would have gone Meego, but since nokia went windows, that seems far away. I definitely will never go apple or windows, and I don't like how google controls android. So that pretty much leaves webos which I love with the inductive charge I love, or to wait for meego with an uncertain future.
    The most reasonable choice probably still would be to sell the pre3 in the US (or to send it back if no one in the US is interested).

    Quote Originally Posted by djind
    Whether you keep it or not, don't forget it's an AZERTY keyboard layout. For me a no go, but maybe the lucky one doesn't mind.
    I have the Pre Plus with an AZERTY layout, it's no problem for me (and I hate AZERTY on computer keyboards).
  5. #5  
    Much better with the Pre 3: camera with autofocus, compass, high resolution and bigger screen, webOS 2.2, 1.4 GHz CPU, and more
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Much better with the Pre 3: camera with autofocus, compass, high resolution and bigger screen, webOS 2.2, 1.4 GHz CPU, and more


    all true, and would all be nice to have, but all not a "killer application", nothing I couldn't do with the pre+ (except the compass maybe).
    I am not sure though about webos 2.2. What is the main difference of webos 2.2 to webos 2.1, which I can (and will if I don't keep the pre3) install on my pre+?
  7. #7  
    Don't cancel: wait arrive and send to me!!

    $ 300.00 for this device is great to me!!


    Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  8. #8  
    I would buy it for $300. PM me if you want to sell it.
  9.    #9  
    After thinking about it for a long time, I decided not to keep the pre3. In the end, the decisive factor was the lack of Caldav-Synchronisation.

    So, here it goes:
    300$ + shipping. It is the azerty 8GB version from the eurostore. The box has never been opened. I can send the eurostore invoice with it.
    The price is not negotiable. If no one wants it at the price, I just send it back to the eurostore.

    I live in France, but will go to the US Friday. If someone from the US decides to take it by thursday evening, I can take it with me to the US and reduce shipping costs and shipping time.

    PM me if you are interested.

Posting Permissions