Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LevSer
  • 1 Post By Daoud333
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I have seen that you can change the cloud background of the simple pin lock screen for the Pre 2. However, the directory where the background png file is located on the Pre 2 does not exist on my pre 3.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

edit 2: The directory can be found but the Pre 2 fix doesn't work. I tried doing a device restart after applying the fix, but nothing changed.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by LevSer; 09/23/2011 at 12:51 PM.
    brum likes this.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Bump.
    I don't have a Pre 3, but I believe there should be an extra 1.5 folder somewhere with the higher resolution resources (1.5x larger resolution).
    I find it curious that changing those aren't an option by default... And that there are no plugins of sorts to change these..

I want to change the clock background as well, on exhibition..

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't have a Pre 3, but I believe there should be an extra 1.5 folder somewhere with the higher resolution resources (1.5x larger resolution).
    Yup. I changed said png file in that folder using 'send file' in webOS Quick Install. Then I opened up the file in Internalz to make sure it was in fact changed. It was, but the pin screen was unchanged.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    No one?
    Would like to know this as well.
    Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    The .png for Pre3 is :

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/shared/dialpad/images/1.5/backdrop-firstuse.png
    Last edited by Daoud333; 10/11/2011 at 09:05 AM.
    brum likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daoud333 View Post
    The .png for Pre3 is :

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/shared/dialpad/images/1.5/backdrop-firstuse.png
    Thank you!!! Worked like a charm.
    Excellent! I'd tried a fair few different files without luck before this, and I really disliked the blue screen every time I picked up my phone. Thanks very much!
    I think this is a better change that the boot logo one. We see this screen all the time.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    can someone please check the measure (480x???) of the .png file? I accidentally replaced it with a image of the wrong size.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    480 x 800
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)