1.    #1  
    Are there any stores that sell the pre 3 that I could actually walk into? I'm in Rome right now, then Florence and Venice for a few days. Then back to Paris for a week. Is love to buy a pre3 while I'm over here...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    With the way they are showing up on ebay right now and the fact that an EU versoin won't work on the 850 mhz band in USA (ATT) then I would suggest you wait. They are trending down toward around $550 US right now which is likely cheaper than an EU version anyway.

Your patience might be rewarded.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    The unlocked AZERTY version is still available in the Palm-HP Eurostore for 215 euros shipped (around 291 USD). If you are staying at a private house you may buy it in advance. Shipping takes 1 or 2 working days (maybe 3).

Tempting but risky. Good luck!!
    If you don't need the QWERTY and the 850 ATT band then a Euro AZERTY version is of course cheaper. In that case you can either take a leap and order it from the eurostore, or find someone who could send you one to the US.