Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31
Like Tree2Likes
  1. rbyrne's Avatar
    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #21  
    Is there a way perhaps to make it go into exhibition mode when it charges regardless of source?
  2. #22  
    If it doesn't go into exhibition mode when it's on the TS, then the phone is probably on aligned correctly on the TS. Or there's something wrong with your phone.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  3. rbyrne's Avatar
    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne@angrygoat View Post
    If it doesn't go into exhibition mode when it's on the TS, then the phone is probably on aligned correctly on the TS. Or there's something wrong with your phone.

    -- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Its definitely aligned properly, i can feel the magnet. Remember i have the old TS, should it sill go into exhibition regardless?

    Ive tried moving it to slightly different locations but no exhibition...
  4. rbyrne's Avatar
    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #24  
    Okay I found out that it only launches into Exhibition mode when the screen is off when I put it on the TS.

    Thanks!
  5. #25  
    Ahh... sure.. if you place it on the TS and still have it on, just press the power button once (or let it timeout) and exhibition mode will appear.
  6. alonhzn's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    #26  
    my Pre3 heats up when on the touchstone. so what?
    Even if it shortens the battery life, It's worth the absolute convenience. When the battery gets too weak I'll just replace it.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by alonhzn View Post
    my Pre3 heats up when on the touchstone. so what?
    Even if it shortens the battery life, It's worth the absolute convenience. When the battery gets too weak I'll just replace it.
    with what battery? buy another Pre 3?

    I hope Mugen really make battery for Pre 3.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    with what battery? buy another Pre 3?

    I hope Mugen really make battery for Pre 3.
    yes they do, in ebay but its expensive
  9. #29  
    why would mis-alignment make it heat up more ? mine was on the touchstone & got to 50C which fell rapidly to 43C when switched over to usb charge by cable ...I have concerns... first time I used the touchstone...
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    why would mis-alignment make it heat up more ? mine was on the touchstone & got to 50C which fell rapidly to 43C when switched over to usb charge by cable ...I have concerns... first time I used the touchstone...
    I don't know why, but alignment is really the key in my experience. I have a pre3 touchstone and an older one from palm pre times. On the new one there is no problem - I put the pre3 on and good.
    On the other one, I always run Govnah (both in card and in exhibition mode) to check the current.If the current is not stabilizing around 500mA (the higher, the better), then I didn't put it on correctly and instead of charging, the TS is heating the phone. That way I never came close to 50C again, which happened at the beginning.
    Opening the slider while charging also helps a little, but alignment is more important.

    Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB
  11. #31  
    Something i find weird about this thread is the "it's hot" reports without a corresponding temperature.

    It may seem hot and it's probably the battery being charged with the inductive charger. I don't know why though because my sonicare toothbrush is inductive and doesn't get hot.

    But anyway, you can run govnah in exhibition. You can see what the cpu temperature is in real time. Check it. If it's safe, stop worrying.

    I've used my phone as a tether point for hours, on the TS it is warmer. So i put it on a cable instead and leave the slider open because i too like to minimize the detrimental effects of heat byproduct. But overnight i use a TS daily. The temp right now is holding at 30*c. The load average is less than 1
    Last edited by TJs11thPre; 09/23/2014 at 02:01 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions