1.    #1  
    So I've heard a few rumors around here that you can forcibly change the ESN of a phone to spoof another phone.

Could you spoof a Verizon Pre3 to have the ESN of a Sprint Pre- or Pixi and then activate it on sprint?

I've seen a few members around here highlight the possibility...

How would this be done?
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    So I've heard a few rumors around here that you can forcibly change the ESN of a phone to spoof another phone.

Could you spoof a Verizon Pre3 to have the ESN of a Sprint Pre- or Pixi and then activate it on sprint?

I've seen a few members around here highlight the possibility...

How would this be done?
    It is very illegal and difficult, if you have to ask how to do it you probably don't have the skill set to do it... heck I do have the skill set to do it and wouldn't want to do it, as there is a very good chance of bricking the phone (the webosdoctor cannot help you either). You need to modify the NV items in the phones memory using a program that can talk to the phone modem.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickpl View Post
    It is very illegal and difficult, if you have to ask how to do it you probably don't have the skill set to do it... heck I do have the skill set to do it and wouldn't want to do it, as there is a very good chance of bricking the phone (the webosdoctor cannot help you either). You need to modify the NV items in the phones memory using a program that can talk to the phone modem.
    That would be a Qualcomm modem utility, right? The Pre 3 still uses a Qualcomm chip correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    That would be a Qualcomm modem utility, right? The Pre 3 still uses a Qualcomm chip correct?
    yep, that would be what you need to use.
    I would like to do that, too!
    Umm my questions is where would you get a Verizon Pre 3? I have only seen 1
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I would like to take a Pixi Plus or some such Palm phone and have it masquerade as a non-smartphone. I just want a Palm smartphone but don't want the dataplan.

I'll use the wifi, since I'm almost never out of range of wifi.

So, when I activate it, they don't know it's a smartphone and I don't have to pay the extra bucks for a dataplan I won't use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Umm my questions is where would you get a Verizon Pre 3? I have only seen 1
    lol yeah that's the trick, even if you can find one it will probably sell for around a thousand dollars becuase of how rare it is; might be better off just switching to AT&T :P

Here's a link with alittle more info:http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post2762260
    Searching on Bing for "palm pre change esn" will also give you some more info if you really want to do it.
    has anyone seen or obtained a verizon pre3 ?
  10. dwc
    Saw one in the hands of an employee. Or maybe they just tricked it out to say "Verizon" in the corner instead
    OK....I recently purchased a Verizon HP Pre3 from eBay at what I believe to be a fairly reasonable price. Problem 1) I have a great plan on Sprint and don't really want to switch if I don't have to. 2) Is there any fairly easy way or is there someone that knows what they're doing, and is willing to do an ESN hack to make this phone work on the Sprint network? I know the obvious risks associated with this plan, but I am desperately trying to find a way to use it on Sprint without switching to Verizon. Any ideas, advice, etc... would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    has anyone seen or obtained a verizon pre3 ?
    yep
    yep
    Yep, what???? lol!
    Listen to nickpl. It is very difficult. Even if you knew how to do it with previous phones, it is more difficult with the Pre 3. The chipset architecture has completely changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Listen to nickpl. It is very difficult. Even if you knew how to do it with previous phones, it is more difficult with the Pre 3. The chipset architecture has completely changed.
    Well, if there's anyone out there that is in the know, I along with others would be much obliged......
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    For how much money Verizon Pre 3s are going for, imagine how much a Sprint one would sell for. I'm probably going to leave Sprint and switch to Big Red when I can get my hands on a Pre 3 for around/less than $300.
    if you have a friend that works at a sprint store they might input the esn into their system and activate it for you without having to hack anything... so Ive heard
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by CAGALUN View Post
    Yep, what???? lol!
    yes, I have a verizon pre3
    yes, I have a verizon pre3
    .....which you currently using on Verizon's network.....or Sprint's??? And if on Verizon, is it working seemlessly for you?