Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vociferous
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm a begginer in the world of Webos, and I can't find a tutorial to activate the developer mode on my pre3.

Does anybody knows how it goes? What I've to do to activate it, is it possible?

Thanks to all and sorry if you find a mistake in my thread, my english isn't good enought.

P.D.: Does anybody knows why I can't see non free apps? I'm going crazy and I haven't found a solution to this problem.
    Welcome to the forums, read up on Impostah. Then follow the steps exactly as in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2945170
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    For Dev Mode, Just Type "webos20090606" (without the quotes)
  5.    #5  
    Hello,

First of all ... thanks to all of you for your help.

I've removed the sim and I don't know how to restore my phone to factory defaults to follow your tutorial.

When I start without the SIM nothing appears, no call menu. I select the the dial icon and after that I've followed the instructions, I've insterted the code and click on call icon, isn't it? When I do that nothing happens, only give me an error.

to "johnnygewitter": where do I've to type this code? I've tried in the search bar. I'm lost, sorry. :-(
    1) First problem: just slide and open the keyboard. Type #*, the phone pad should appear (if I remember correctly) and type the rest of the code.

2) Second problem (referring to jonnygewitter): you can type the code inside the just type bar.
    The beauty of webOS is that you don't have to type it anywhere in particular. Start with nothing open, and 'Just Type'.
  8.    #8  
    Developer mode OK. ;-) thanks
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by unconformist View Post
    1) First problem: just slide and open the keyboard. Type #*, the phone pad should appear (if I remember correctly) and type the rest of the code.
    Hello,

When I boot in developer mode the pre3 without a Sim nothing happens when I slide the keyboard.

I don't see any kind of menu asking me to insert the code, and if I use the call button doesn't work.

Any solution? :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by goonie1976 View Post
    Hello,

When I boot in developer mode the pre3 without a Sim nothing happens when I slide the keyboard.

I don't see any kind of menu asking me to insert the code, and if I use the call button doesn't work.

Any solution? :-(
    When you are asked to insert your SIM card, instead of doing so you just have to type those two symbols (#*) on the hardware keyboard and then the dialpad should appear on your screen.
  11.    #11  
    Sorry, you told me two ways to start developer mode and I thought where different things ... I feel so stupid. :-(

I'll try to activate my phone tonight.

Thanks for all and see ya soon.
    Don't forget you can also enter the Konami code!

upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    Soorma likes this.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post

There are many ways that lead to Rome Devmode
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post

I like this the best
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    hello, after years I am in need of your help. when i login to developer mode on my palm pre 3 at & t my prompted to enter a password, login any word having 6 to 10 letters, then change the repeat and tells me that it is erroneous. I am unable to put my celphone in developer mode. I've doctorizado and still have the same problem. Thank you for your cooperation!
    You got that wrong.

The device asks you to SET a password for developer mode. If you just leave all the fields empty, everything should be fine. This password will then be asked for if you disable/enable dev mode again (at least that is what I think it is for).
    Or did you set a password there before and can't remember it?

I never did set a password there and never did enter anything in these field => never had an issue.