1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Quick question...(newbie to the Palms)!

Is there a way that I can, like the iPhone, configure the Pre 3 so that when the device is locked, it will show me that a SMS/message has arrived, but not show the content on the notification?

If it can even show that theres a message but not who from would be even better, but I suspect thats optimistic!

cheers!
    Welcome to the forums.

In the screen and lock app, there's a setting to show notifications when locked.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, I know about that setting, but the issue is that that removes notifications entirely.

I want to get notification of an SMS but I DONT want the content of that SMS to show on the lock screen.
    I'm not sure then, there might be a patch.
    Am almost sure i saw a patch for this for my pre2, not sure if it would work on the pre3
    I know there is a patch for the pre/pre2 which will show the notifications and for the message it will show "new message", but i'm not sure if it's available for the pre3. Check out preware and see if you can find anything
    Wow this is a native feature in my Treo. Getting my Pre 3 this weekend and hopefully I find this patch and get it working.
    Quote Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
    Wow this is a native feature in my Treo. Getting my Pre 3 this weekend and hopefully I find this patch and get it working.
    You won't find it, it was called "Messaging Privacy", and, like tons of other patches, it's apparently not available for the Pre3
    Was sucked into Palm when I bought the glorious Treo650, somehow subsequent phones didn't live up to expectations.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    You won't find it, it was called "Messaging Privacy", and, like tons of other patches, it's apparently not available for the Pre3
    Patch upgraded to work with Pre 3.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...st3207808.html