Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    That's not how it works... you can use govnah to build your own profile, but ther kernel itself won't add profiles to govnah.
    If you installed it and it gave no errors, then you are all set and the kernel is doing it's magic behind the scenes. Govnah is only necessary if you want to change settings or have a look at some statistics.
    Quote Originally Posted by handkante View Post
    I updated govnah and installed the uberkernel but after the restart it doesn't show up in the govnah profile field. There I can only select the palm default profile. Am I missing something?
    What you are seeing is correct for UberKernel on the Pre 3. There is no overclocking at this time, just an automatic TMC fix and a couple of other things as outlined in the package description.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    ok I understand. It actually says uberkernel on the top, next to the govnah title. But the pre3's uberkernel brings no overclocking right now, does it? (edit: ok, no)

I hope it solves my touchstone/TMC problem. When my pre3 is done charging on the touchstone it stops and repeats charging continuously every 10 seconds or so. When I ignore that (because I'm sleeping) my pre greets me in the morning with a TMC error. Which prevents the alarm from ringing by the way...

not sure what to do...
    Last edited by handkante; 09/22/2011 at 08:53 AM.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, it is in the default webos-kernels feed that comes with Preware.

I'm assuming you've already hit the "Update Feeds" menu item with a stable network connection active ...

-- Rod
    Yes updated and still no sign, unless of course i'm looking in the wrong place. Other/Kernels. I only have the original Pre3 kernel listed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by drewster_uk View Post
    Yes updated and still no sign, unless of course i'm looking in the wrong place. Other/Kernels. I only have the original Pre3 kernel listed.

maybe you installed it already!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    You made me think that I had for a minute there, but no not already installed.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Sorted. I only had preware checking once daily. Now set to check each launch, and we are good to go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    Thanks to WebosInternals and Uberkernal!
    I have this on my Pre2, is there a way to fix it?
    Do you think in Govnah (using Uberkernel) is better use CFQ mode in I/O Scheduler or BFQ ? * *I would set BFQ permanently

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    - HP Veer --
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    Do you think in Govnah (using Uberkernel) is better use CFQ mode in I/O Scheduler or BFQ ? * *I would set BFQ permanently
    UberKernel on the Pre 3 fixing TMC errors has no relation to your question. Are you sure you're in the correct thread?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-gadget-guy View Post
    I've had UK for weeks and I get TMC error about once a week. Even after the latest UK update. This is only ont the TP. I have a plus and a 2. and I don't think I have ever gotten TMC on those. Verizon.
    You'll note that the TMC fix is not listed in the package description of features for UberKernel on the TouchPad.

(BTW, we're posting in the HP Pre 3 forum here ...)

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I have not experienced TMC error, and speaking of kernel I feel that with my new pre 3 there is no need for overclocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Govnah is only necessary if you want to change settings or have a look at some statistics.
    So just to clarify, if I only want to fix the TMC issue but am not planning to overclock or control any of the other features, I can just install UberKernel without installing Govnah?
    Quote Originally Posted by anseld1986 View Post
    So just to clarify, if I only want to fix the TMC issue but am not planning to overclock or control any of the other features, I can just install UberKernel without installing Govnah?
    Yes
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Weird I just got my Pre 3 today and attempted to install the kernel and it gave me an error. Pretty much says Kernel is not in factory condition, refusing to install replacement.

I just opened the box, installed preware and Internalz Pro...Help?
    Update it to build 3171

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    I wonder if the TMC error on the TP will be fixed soon, also.

However, I've not seen a TMC error on my pre3 since upgrading. Whoever fixed this is a genius!!
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    I wonder if the TMC error on the TP will be fixed soon, also.

However, I've not seen a TMC error on my pre3 since upgrading. Whoever fixed this is a genius!!
    Feel free to leave a review on http://bit.ly/phd-ac to show your appreciation.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    keeps showing me up to date anyway to force 3171?
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    keeps showing me up to date anyway to force 3171?
    You'll need to doctor it.

-- Rod
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast