Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I feel like this is a stupid question because it must be a scam. But when it comes to the Pre3, I guess I want to believe.

<<link deleted by staff>>

Buyer - This auction is NOT for the actual phone !

This auction is for the information about how to acquire a brand new
    hp pre 3 (locked to AT&T) 16gb smartphone for under $500.
    please notice this phone is very rare and never released in usa market.
    No further support will be given by HP or AT&T.

Money back guaranteed.
    I see 10 people already bought in....
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/20/2011 at 09:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    It is true,although there are other sources to get the att pre 3.
    Could you PM me with those sources? Thanks for trying 9520G. I also took the plunge and I got one coming to me. I can't wait!!
    Last edited by deewalker; 09/21/2011 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Thanking 9520G
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    It is true,although there are other sources to get the att pre 3.
    yea, uhm, please share
    I did it, and the guy is doing everything through paypal. Seems legit.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I would point out that the owner of that ebay account was banned from precentral which doesn't bode well. YMMV.

As for legit, he is using ebay to sell something so he can then bypass ebay. That's actually not in the spirit of the ebay agreement so legit is a bit loose on this one.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Or it's an employee that is not supposed to sell them on eBay and is trying to get around the exact words in the employee agreement.

I'll know for sure if he is legit tomorrow when the AT&T 16Gig 4G Pre3 arrives.

Wait 'till the 500+ employees officially have their last day. I think we'll see more hit eBay. I can't say I blame them. Get as much as you can I say.
    Last edited by twack; 09/20/2011 at 11:00 PM.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Or it's an employee that is not supposed to sell them on eBay and is trying to get around the exact words in the employee agreement.

I don't think so. The guy has (at least?) two gmail accounts that only show up in forums in Mandarin.

I'm a trusting person - I pre-paypal'd a forum member the cash to buy my UK pre3 (thanks again Dansus!) - but I would be reluctant to deal with this individual. Again, YMMV.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I emailed him to follow up on his offer in the forums to give Rod Whitby a Pre3 and did not get a response.
    I paid the $10 as well. I am scared to do it, but I really really want an a AT&T pre3! Any advice would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    If it looks too good to be true... Just a guy making a buck out of someone's hope
    I did not realize he was banned from Precentral. It seemed to me that he's just a jilted HP employee (and he hinted to as much in his email).

It also makes his story believable that he can't sell these over eBay. Then again, several have/are being sold.

Needless to say, I'll have my hand hovering over the 'File a Grievance' button for Paypal to get my money back. I'll keep you all informed.

-Ghostbusters
    I too paid this guy $450 plus 3% Paypal fees ($15) and $20 shipping for priority mail on Sunday before he was banned from here. Seemed legit at the time and I don't have any evidence it isn't, yet.

He sent me a tracking number Sunday night and insured it. USPS tracking information indicates the package was accepted at the Milpitas Post office Monday morning at 9:03 am. (Means they scanned it in). No other tracking information has been posted yet, and the package is scheduled to be delivered here tomorrow. I am a little nervous but so far I have no reason to doubt the seller or his intentions. As for the minimal tracking updates, I'd be concerned but lately the USPS has been quite remiss with their updates on many of the priority mail packages I've tracked, only posting the initial acceptance information and then no further updates until the night before delivery when the package is scanned at my local post office and out for delivery. Even worse, sometimes theres no update after the initial acceptance scan until after the package is delivered.

Like oobernuber, I too am prepared to file a grievence with paypal if tomorrow doesn't bring with it a package delivery containing my AT&T Pre 3.

TTB

EDIT: BTW I did not pay him the $10 bucks on ebay either. I think he's resorted to doing that since he cannot peddle them here and want's to fly low avoiding the HP radar.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 09/20/2011 at 10:48 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Are you guys talking about Janet asus or something like that?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    TTB, as you know I ordered mine at the same time as you. The USPS is showing Milpitas, then San Jose sort facility and now my home town. Estimated delivery tomorrow.

We'll see what's in the box tomorrow? What did he get banned for anyway?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Are you guys talking about Janet asus or something like that?
    yep
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Yeah I got a PM from him too, I think you guys will be alright, I just think the ban was because he was promoting his sell in every single thread.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I'm game, just spent the $10, and Milpitas is 40 min away, could just go pick it up if this is legit... Wish I knew what the future holds for what must be a bunch more ATT Pre 3s. We may be paying a big premium for our lack of patience, or getting in on something that
    won't be available later. I'll bet on the former.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    TTB,

I've been meaning to give you a thumbs up on your accounts of bringing a UK Pre3 here stateside. Looks like I won't have to live without 4G (I'm switching over to ATT soon, and wanted a halfway decent phone, looks like I might be getting it).

Thanks for the words of caution, everyone. Obviously the banning from here, the method of sale raises a few red flags, but I think the risk is mitigated through Paypal. I might be wrong, though. I understand the risk, but I think this is going to be a rare opportunity, and I actually have some change to throw down for this thing.

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Im sure the pre 3 will be distributed withing the company just like the new run of touchpads, so you wont see pre 3 cheap anytime soon but my guess they will be around 450 once all the hp employees put them up on ebay.
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast