Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Just ordered mine super psyched!!!!

P102UNA Unlocked GSM Pre2 soon to be for sale!
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    So, anyone know about spare batteries? Can I use my spare Pre2 battery? If not, where can I buy a spare for the Pre3?
    I have looked all over for a spare battery for the Pre3 with no luck. I am hoping that some manufacturer will end up having one eventually.

Can anyone compare the pin arrangement to see if the Pre3 battery will fit and charge with the Centro / Pixi / Pre / Pre2 spare battery charger?

Edit: Nevermind I just saw an unboxing video. Ugh I have so many spare batteries for my Pre2 and a spare charger (all for sale )
    Last edited by vasekvi; 09/24/2011 at 05:21 AM.
    too late, there's no maximum now
    oh shoot! one thing to note is that he is a new seller..just joined yesterday.. he might be legit.. but no history..
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    oh shoot! one thing to note is that he is a new seller..just joined yesterday.. he might be legit.. but no history..
    Yeah, don't get tempted by new/low feedback sellers. Not worth the potential hassle! My dad got ripped off by two different sellers trying to get an iphone. I told him only high feedback sellers, he didn't listen.
    Last edited by marysm; 09/24/2011 at 10:20 AM.
    It appears some if not all of the Pre3 AT&T 4G phones on eBay are legit. Really thinking of pulling the trigger for one. I'm still Pre- on Sprint but given the rumors of an iPhone on Sprint, I can retire my Pre- on Sprint for an iPhone then swap my AT&T SIM from my unlocked iPhone and put it in the Pre3 (yes, I carry two phones)

Will update if I end up doing this.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I have looked all over for a spare battery for the Pre3 with no luck. I am hoping that some manufacturer will end up having one eventually...
    This thread discusses the search for Pre3 batteries. People posted a couple of UK shops, but they look sketchy. Despite that, I just ordered one for 6.80pounds from the first linked shop. Got a confirmation email-- that's worth 7 pounds alone, right?
    I just nabbed a genuine 4g AT&T Pre3 off of ebay for $565.00

Expensive - but worth it.

Selling my lightly used UK Pre3 on ebay next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by marysm View Post
    This thread discusses the search for Pre3 batteries. People posted a couple of UK shops, but they look sketchy. Despite that, I just ordered one for 6.80pounds from the first linked shop. Got a confirmation email-- that's worth 7 pounds alone, right?
    Let me know if it comes through I am highly interested I dont know how I am going to manage without an extra battery.

Quote Originally Posted by imthejman View Post
    I just nabbed a genuine 4g AT&T Pre3 off of ebay for $565.00

Expensive - but worth it.

Selling my lightly used UK Pre3 on ebay next week.
    Good luck. Let us know when you get yours. I ordered mine last night and will follow up when it comes in (16GB AT&T Pre3) I will have an unlocked P102UNA Pre2 for sale.
    I just checked craigslist and there are at least 5 AT&T pre 3's priced at $250. Just spoke to one of them and she said she had a few left. Looks like I'll be picking mine up at noon tomorrow! Just an FYI if anyone lives in the sfbay area (mostly all located in Cupertino. I'm assuming they are hp employees being in that area haha)
    is there a way to tell if a pre3 is an att unit without seeing the box? How do we know about all the units on ebay?
    Franklin Planner (Monarch Size)>Royal Organizer>years>>>Treo 650>Treo 680>Treo Pro>BB Bold>Pre3
    The touchstone back says att on it and the phone also does when it boots

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Guys! Don't go crazy paying more than $400 now... Prices are steadily dropping. This eBay sale is $395 with a free Touchstone: #170701818746. I wish I got that instead of paying $10 less w/o a Touchstone. But then again, mine has already shipped.

BTW, how much would you all guess these HP/AT&T employees are paying for these things? $100? $50?
    Last edited by marysm; 09/25/2011 at 12:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Rumor is HP is selling to employees for $75.00.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imthejman View Post
    I just nabbed a genuine 4g AT&T Pre3 off of ebay for $565.00...
    At the time yesterday there were BIN's going cheaper! Why did you pay so much? At this point, I don't think anyone should be worried they will run out. Rumor has it there are 10's of thousands of these sitting in warehouses. Prices will keep dropping.
    If I can find another one for $200 id buy a second one.

Then id sell it soon as HTC confirms they are developing a webOS superphone

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Context info: Still own and use my launch day PALM pre (thank you very much) still have my service with sprint, have never had a contract with AT&T but willing to switch for pre3.

1. Once I get the pre3 (AT&T) I'll have to go to the store, ask for a SIM card. QUESTION: do I need to ask for a specific type and/or model?

2. I'll have to purchase a plan which includes etc. minutes, data plan. QUESTION: have any of you been forced to sign the 2 year even though your phone is not subsidized? and what plans did you get? how much more is tethering? or do you not even mention it b/c of patches? I need to know this so that i don't end up paying for tethering when i can steel it (AT&T makes enough $ and they don't roll out performance upgrades in time to justify their prices and stating that it goes toward upgrading their network)

3. did any of you get a discount or promotion for switching over from sprint?

this all might be a noob questions but the search isn't giving me related results. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit 4 View Post
    Context info: Still own and use my launch day PALM pre (thank you very much) still have my service with sprint, have never had a contract with AT&T but willing to switch for pre3.

1. Once I get the pre3 (AT&T) I'll have to go to the store, ask for a SIM card. QUESTION: do I need to ask for a specific type and/or model?

2. I'll have to purchase a plan which includes etc. minutes, data plan. QUESTION: have any of you been forced to sign the 2 year even though your phone is not subsidized? and what plans did you get? how much more is tethering? or do you not even mention it b/c of patches? I need to know this so that i don't end up paying for tethering when i can steel it (AT&T makes enough $ and they don't roll out performance upgrades in time to justify their prices and stating that it goes toward upgrading their network)

3. did any of you get a discount or promotion for switching over from sprint?

this all might be a noob questions but the search isn't giving me related results. Thanks in advance.
    No discount to switch over but no contract necessary when bringing your own phone. Ask for the datapro which gives you 2GB per month (or dataplus for 200MB for $15 which I don't recommend). Definitely get the unlimited messaging with unlimited calling to any mobile for $20 per month.

And then if you decide you want unlimited data for $30 ask me later and I'll let you know.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I just pulled the trigger, the recoil hurt the savings a bit.

I got the $395 deal on ebay which includes the AT&T 16GB Pre3 and a free touchstone charger. I would recommend this one to all else as it seems to be the best BIN deal out there. I hope to have it monday or tuesday and run to the AT&T store as soon as 5 pm rolls around.

Question: have you guys been able to port your numbers over from sprint? I guess I'll have to call them and ask them to cancel my account or prepare to have it ported to AT&T?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast