Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    i have an att pre 3 and iam on 3g no hspa+ whats up with that and iam in new york
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    If you have your ringer turned on, when you use gray+sym+p you will hear the camera shutter.
    That's new isn't it? Other than TouchPad.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Yeah, I'm not getting 4G either. At least no indicator of it. (Isn't the indicator H+?) Mines 3G all the time and I just got back from NYC Grand Central area where I thought for sure the Pre3 would pick it up.

Is there a setting somewhere for it?
    I've got 4G just fine here in Richmond, VA. In fact, all my data is HSPA+.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    At least you have 3g...I have a UK Pre3 and only getting Edge in South Florida...weird in the 4 hours I have had it on all over town have not seen a 3g icon at all.
    just saw on ebay $460 buy it now
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well just pulled the trigger on an ATT Pre 3 on eBay for what I will call a resonable 475 shipped. That should at least fix my no 3g on this UK unit...sigh...
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    I've got 4G just fine here in Richmond, VA. In fact, all my data is HSPA+.
    Do you have to have a particular kind of SIM to get HSPA+?

My SIM says 3G and it just occurred to me that it may be fairly old.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with AT&T and was asking about 4G. I inquired if I might not need a different sim card to get 4G speeds and she said yes. I have a 3G sim card. I can stop by an AT&T store after dinner and seek a 4G sim card and see what happens next. But maybe thats why some of us see 4G (or faux gee) and some of use only see 3G.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    I'm getting HSPA+ 4G just fine on my AT&T Pre3. It's been in it so far everywhere I've gone.
    AT&T makes things confusing with their bizarre branding. It's a fact that you WILL need to get a new SIM card to get true 4g service (LTE), but you shouldn't for HSPA+ support. The pre 3 (even the AT&T customized version) isn't capable of LTE, so that shouldn't be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by circadia View Post
    Do you have to have a particular kind of SIM to get HSPA+?

My SIM says 3G and it just occurred to me that it may be fairly old.
    I have a brand new 4G-capable SIM.
    Quote Originally Posted by quiestbml View Post
    I have a brand new 4G-capable SIM.
    does it work in ur att pre 3
    I'm in absolute love with this phone so far! Quick question for you all.. when you are trying to take a picture with the camera, do you hear a little motor sound? Like a shutter adjusting itself around? Specifically when close up on something? Just want to make sure this is normal and I don't have a broken Pre3 :P
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I'm in absolute love with this phone so far! Quick question for you all.. when you are trying to take a picture with the camera, do you hear a little motor sound? Like a shutter adjusting itself around? Specifically when close up on something? Just want to make sure this is normal and I don't have a broken Pre3 :P
    Yup, I saw others reporting this. It was stated this is the auto-focus.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the confirmation
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    That would make perfect sense!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Well, you guys tempted me... I tacked down the guy with the original eBay listing yesterday and emailed him. He said he had some left and for $485 one could be mine. I figured I should consult with my "financial advisor", aka buddy at work, first. This morning he said "No!". I said, "But I *want* one!" Anyway, I pouted for awhile then, after lunch, said what the heck, and emailed him back saying I was ready if there was one left. Then I got distracted with actual work. He replied saying he was ready to ship within the next 30 minutes, but it was already 90 minutes after he sent the message by time I saw it.

I figured I'd check eBay's current prices. My first search turned up the same thing from another seller for $385 BIN (item #180728806561)!!! Instead of clicking BIN immediately, I checked more listings, of course by time I went back a minute later, it was gone. I took a chance and emailed that seller asking if he had any left and he said yes!!! Well, I took a chance to buy outside of eBay (but paid via PayPal). The guy has a good eBay rating so, I hope he is on the up and up.

I told my work buddy I saved $100, he was not impressed. I am just glad I am not the person that bought this one: Winning bid: US $732.00 plus $29.99 shipping, just 24 hours ago!!! Poor winning bidder.

So, the moral of the story, if you missed a good deal, email the seller and see what they have left. Or, just wait a day or so and prices may keep falling.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Filjosh View Post
    Sent!!!
    Hey bud. Do you mind please sending me his info as well? I sure appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So is this the so called "faux g"?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast