Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @9520G Not exactly. I didn't post the link to the wiki page so you could do the legwork and discover the chocolately goodness that is webOS Internals. They also explain it better than I could.
    I just Read this whole thread so I can find out if TTB got hos.. Its like a soap opera in here!!!

BARRY!!!!

Ps.. I sooooooooo want a att pre 3 4G!!! I'm in jersey if anyone wants to donate one

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Same here. TopTongueBarry, you're such a drama queen ;-).

So....how's the story end and what have you driven over today?
    Mine is available and I'll sell it to ya CHEAP! Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be pooping anything. It's all pooped out.
    omg have you gotten yours? The drama!

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    After finding where the wife hid the new Pre3, I got it all setup. It was a sinch... Well until I turned on the Veer too. Grrrrrr at the 1 Palm Profile short-coming. Thank you backups!

Anyway I now have all the AT&T 4G Pre3 geeky-phone-webOSee as I can handle.

Woohoo
    I couldnt take it any longer. Ive waited for this phone for 8 months, and, I finally gave in last night.

I bought a BNIB ATT unlocked (opened and started only to unlock it) Pre 3 for the "buy it now" price of $550 (eBay, of course). Sjipping was $12, and he promises Fedex (probably 3 day).

I never paid that much for any mobile device. Ever.

It should arrive anywhere between Friday and next Thursday.

All this time spent looking for one that is decently priced is just a waste already - I knew Id be buying one, so, why put off the inevitable, and waste even more of my personal time looking to save a few more bucks???

FWIW, if buyers are really patient, I believe prices will eventually come down, and, now that I bought one, I supposed they'll probably fall to "never-seen-before-low-low-prices" !!!

When I get it, I'll post in the "How many Pre 3 users do we have" thread.

Long live the Pre 3!

Long live WebOS!

Say goodbye to any spare cash in my bank account now for a month!!!!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Lol, you think you spent too much, I bought mine on ebay for $700.00 + 24.99 shipping. Still in shock that I did that but like you said, this has been my dream phone since February and I switched to AT&T for this phone in preparation several months back. I had to get it one way or the other and just simply wasn't worth risking or chancing it by waiting any longer. I just feel happy that I know I have one arriving tomorrow and I don't have to keep stocking ebay for it anymore :P Bank accounts will always recover..

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    I couldnt take it any longer. Ive waited for this phone for 8 months, and, I finally gave in last night.

I bought a BNIB ATT unlocked (opened and started only to unlock it) Pre 3 for the "buy it now" price of $550 (eBay, of course). Sjipping was $12, and he promises Fedex (probably 3 day).

I never paid that much for any mobile device. Ever.

It should arrive anywhere between Friday and next Thursday.

All this time spent looking for one that is decently priced is just a waste already - I knew Id be buying one, so, why put off the inevitable, and waste even more of my personal time looking to save a few more bucks???

FWIW, if buyers are really patient, I believe prices will eventually come down, and, now that I bought one, I supposed they'll probably fall to "never-seen-before-low-low-prices" !!!

When I get it, I'll post in the "How many Pre 3 users do we have" thread.

Long live the Pre 3!

Long live WebOS!

Say goodbye to any spare cash in my bank account now for a month!!!!

LCGuy likes this.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Leo was a fool to try and mess with this community
    Volcom45 and filjosh like this.
    Got my beauty and the beast just now , Sadly I have to go out to pick something, can not play a lot
    buy it now for $475 on ebay. come and get it

update: its gone....
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 09/22/2011 at 08:25 PM.
    I've picked one up, and it's shipped, *squee*
    Just FYI everyone.. prices on the ATT unlocked Pre 3 on eBay are starting to drop to the $500 - $550 range, $10 - $15 USA shipping, as of the date and time of this post.

Also, the 8gb QWERTY versions are beginning to drop under $400 + shipping, so, go get em while they are hot!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

So the AT&T units are actually working as 4G? It's just the UK Pre3 that are stuck on 3G?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by voodooaddict View Post
    So the AT&T units are actually working as 4G? It's just the UK Pre3 that are stuck on 3G?
    My question exactly! Is anyone seeing Faux-G? I am here in the home of AT&T mobile (Atlanta) and have yet to see either a 4G icon or speeds indicating HPSDA+
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    My question exactly! Is anyone seeing Faux-G? I am here in the home of AT&T mobile (Atlanta) and have yet to see either a 4G icon or speeds indicating HPSDA+
    If you have the ATT version, NOT the UK Qwerty version, you should be getting ATT's touted 4G speeds with the Pre 3; if you aren't, I'd contact ATT to see what is actually available at those speeds, locally.

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Yestereday was the first day that I had my NOOB (New out of box) AT&T faux-gee Pre3 out into the wild and can attest that it's ears were able to hear the sweet HSPDA+ signal just fine. I'll try some speed test today and post.

BTW, it there anyway to do screen shots on Pre3 like the TP (simultanious button pushes)?
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Yestereday was the first day that I had my NOOB (New out of box) AT&T faux-gee Pre3 out into the wild and can attest that it's ears were able to hear the sweet HSPDA+ signal just fine. I'll try some speed test today and post.

BTW, it there anyway to do screen shots on Pre3 like the TP (simultanious button pushes)?
    If it is like the earlier Pres, it would be Gray (Orange) + Sym + P
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    If it is like the earlier Pres, it would be Gray (Orange) + Sym + P
    Hmmm.... Not working. Try again LOL

Update: It does work, just no click or other feedback
    Last edited by twack; 09/23/2011 at 08:54 AM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    If you have your ringer turned on, when you use gray+sym+p you will hear the camera shutter.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post

Did the status bar icon indicate faux-gee?
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Sanjay likes this.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast