Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree9Likes
    I got my att pre3 within 3 days from the original guy posted about, whole transaction via email/paypal. Sent tracking number within hours. Paid 470 all inclusive, shoulda held out longer, but I seem to keep overpaying for hp's canceled products. Its a pattern w/me. Full priced tp too

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Has anyone had any trouble activating their Pre 3's? I've never had this much problems with a Palm/HP product. The thing got into a reboot cycle and wouldn't quit. All the battery pulls in the world wouldn't help and it was a struggle just to get the doctor connected and doing its thing.

It's frustrating enough knowing you overpaid because you thought these would be gone in a week or two, but now it doesn't even work. I'm bashing myself over the head right now.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    I think those who are planning to buy from ebay can pull the trigger.. Right now I see that there are lot of BIN with price < $400..
    others beat me to it, but I can confirm this. Got my ATT Pre3 from ebay seller in CA for $360. Shipping would have been free but I opted for overnight, so it went up to $380. Sooooo worth it.

Only problem now is the much-more-expensive, much-less-useful unlocked UK Pre3 I ordered weeks ago that's due to show up in a few days. Going to take a big hit on that one if I flip it. Incredible how quickly these prices have dropped.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    webOS user since 20090606.
    And they are coming lower.
    I just saw a pair of HP Pre 16 Gbs in $250.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I think the lowest they may go if eBay gets flooded enough will be $150-175USD. It seems even with the touchpads flooding eBay the markup is still $100. For the device like the pre3 even at $250 its a great deal as it keeps you out of contract. I do find it funny that HP employees sign a waiver (well according to Fatwallet users) that they wont resell them.
    I just bought a Pre 3 off eBay for $223.50 plus $14.99 shipping. Should be here early next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by j7899 View Post
    I think the lowest they may go if eBay gets flooded enough will be $150-175USD. It seems even with the touchpads flooding eBay the markup is still $100. For the device like the pre3 even at $250 its a great deal as it keeps you out of contract. I do find it funny that HP employees sign a waiver (well according to Fatwallet users) that they wont resell them.
    Actually the prices are already down to $140, just not on e-Bay yet. I myself paid $140 for a Pre3 today. Also, the part about HP employees being made to sign 'waivers', is all baloney. They can just walk into the Palm/HP store in Sunnyvale and buy one for $75. Unfortunately they only sell Pre3s to HP employees. Supposedly, they have Verizon Pre3s in stock too.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Cheapest I can find anywhere is $250... where are you getting $175/$140?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadSexington View Post
    Cheapest I can find anywhere is $250... where are you getting $175/$140?
    In the SF Bay area. That's where all the Pre3s are originating from.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Anyone else feeling a bit less love for their Pre3 after seeing how the prices have dropped in a week? I paid $385 9 days ago. That's on top of the $250 for my Pre2 early July.

I do really like the Pre3. It is totally the phone they should have released out of the gate.
    Anybody paying more than $140 - $160 for a Pre3 is just over paying. Hang on and you will surely get one for that much or even less I think in a few days. I personally bought eight Pre3s so far, at GBP 210, $370, $225 (two) & $140 (four). The price went from $370 to $140 in a matter of four days. Believe me there are much more Pre3s yet to hit market. not to forget the Verizon Pre3s and the price has not bottomed out yet. My guess is you should be able to get a Pre3 for around $120 - $130 in a week or so.

Whatever you end up paying for your pre3, do it and don't look back. Don't let the price detract from a great (admittedly far from perfect) phone.

If prices get under the $200 range I will buy another as a spare battery charger

Quote Originally Posted by trng View Post
    It's not baloney, everyone buying TPs or Pre 3s were required to sign waivers stating they cannot under any circumstance, "resell the products purchased at the store, it is for personal use only!". They are risking a lawsuit by selling them to the public, hence the mark-up. Their employee badge numbers are associated with the serial #'s of each purchased device. Beware corporate lawyers!
    Can you reference your sources? The markup is all about profit and demand.

It's not baloney, everyone buying TPs or Pre 3s were required to sign waivers stating they cannot under any circumstance, "resell the products purchased at the store, it is for personal use only!". They are risking a lawsuit by selling them to the public, hence the mark-up. Their employee badge numbers are associated with the serial #'s of each purchased device. Beware corporate lawyers!
    As vasekvi said, can you cite a source for this information? As in, are you an HP employee?
    Doesn't make sense if they are allowed to "buy up to 12". How often do you see a guy carrying 12 phones?

Even if there is such a term, they're just going to use it as a term for voiding warranties (i.e. device not purchased via an official channel).
    I got mine for $199 shipped, cheapest buy it now on e-bay that I have seen (did see one for $180, but had to pay $20 for shipping)
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011