Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    And then if you decide you want unlimited data for $30 ask me later and I'll let you know.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    vasekvi, can you pm me and tell me about the $30 unlimited plan? I tried to pm you but couldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Says_g View Post
    I just checked craigslist and there are at least 5 AT&T pre 3's priced at $250. Just spoke to one of them and she said she had a few left. Looks like I'll be picking mine up at noon tomorrow! Just an FYI if anyone lives in the sfbay area (mostly all located in Cupertino. I'm assuming they are hp employees being in that area haha)
    i wont be surprised if it's an older asian lady with glasses and a super asian accent.
    it happens a lot.
    watch out for SCAMS though. All they want is the money.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Ask for the datapro which gives you 2GB per month (or dataplus for 200MB for $15 which I don't recommend). Definitely get the unlimited messaging with unlimited calling to any mobile for $20 per month.

And then if you decide you want unlimited data for $30 ask me later and I'll let you know.
    Is it necessary to have a voice plan to activate this on ATT? Your post suggests that data only (with optional, though recommended, unl msg/m2m) is possible (which would, together with Google voice, bring Pre 3 monthly cost to $50/mo - not bad!!).

Thanks in advance.
    I won an ebay sale for 390.99 today. Saw the bin including the stone but was a low feedback...passed on it. Anxiously awaiting delivery!
    Franklin Planner (Monarch Size)>Royal Organizer>years>>>Treo 650>Treo 680>Treo Pro>BB Bold>Pre3
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I just picked up a nib AT&T 16gb Pre3 for $360. I talked with the guy for a bit and he said he got it from a friend who works at HP. Each of them can get 10 phones. Now I just need a SIM card. i tried getting one from AT&T before they closed today and for some reason Equifax has my name spelled wrong on my credit report so I have to fix this. They have the misspelling as my main name and my correct name as an AKA so should be easy to fix.
    Global Posts
    346 Global Posts
    I wonder if they had plans to make the pre 3 in white?
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I wonder if they had plans to make the pre 3 in white?
    I would flick that haha
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Adidude View Post
    I just picked up a nib AT&T 16gb Pre3 for $360. I talked with the guy for a bit and he said he got it from a friend who works at HP. Each of them can get 10 phones. Now I just need a SIM card. i tried getting one from AT&T before they closed today and for some reason Equifax has my name spelled wrong on my credit report so I have to fix this. They have the misspelling as my main name and my correct name as an AKA so should be easy to fix.
    Hahahahah Now we know where all the AT&T Pre 3 4G devices on eBay are coming from.

Wonder what HP is selling them to employees for?

How's that for a job perk? They're trying to help current employees stash a little cash away in case the company needs to start handing out pink slips to stay afloat later.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Just got a message from an ebay member, he said
    this HP folk was interested in his pre 3 AT&T on ebay:

Robert Lange****
    VP of Hewlett-Packard Company

Is it a joke or could be true ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Hahahahah Now we know where all the AT&T Pre 3 4G devices on eBay are coming from.

How's that for a job perk? They're trying to help current employees stash a little cash away in case the company needs to start handing out pink slips to stay afloat later.
    I came across a seller today claiming to be "helping to sell off remaining HP stock", guy is selling Pre2's, Veers, Pre+'s, bundles with TS, car charger, and belt case (all HP/Palm branded). Didn't see him listing any Pre's at this time, but he is listening a lot of (maybe all) buy it now. Looked like some of the auctions were just started last night.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imthejman View Post
    I just nabbed a genuine 4g AT&T Pre3 off of ebay for $565.00

Expensive - but worth it.

Selling my lightly used UK Pre3 on ebay next week.
    I just joined this forum, today so I am taking my time going through this thread in reverse.

But can someone tell me the difference, between the UK Pre3 versus the AT&T Pre3.
    BTW I plan on using it on Roger's in Canada.
    there is a BIN i see for just $325..two Pre3s are there..item 250899945269.. prices have dropped so fast!!

I paid $475 last week..
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    there is a BIN i see for just $325..two Pre3s are there..item 250899945269.. prices have dropped so fast!!

I paid $475 last week..
    Again, as others have done, I would caution folks from buying from new or low feedback sellers. Things like this bring out the scammers. Better to pay a bit more to someone with a history of honest selling than take a chance on some guy that just joined possibly to capitalize on the frenzy!
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post

I paid $475 last week..
    Keep an eye on the description. The ones I have seen for those prices are 8 gig EU Pre3's. One was buy it now $300, realized it was 8 gig AZERTY. Which weeks ago I probably would have jumped at (especially with Pre2's coming in around $200), now if I am gonna pull the trigger I am waiting for the ATT 16 gig to drop a lil more in price. I have also noticed some folks going with higher than actual shipping cost (I know that is a regular ebay practice, it's skewing prices a lil though).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I grabbed this one for $299 +$5 shipping (item number 250899692767). It didn't specify that is was 16GB but all of the AT&T ones are. The same person was selling a few of them. I was emailing people on craigslist last night in the bay area to see if anyone would ship one to me. I saw a bunch on there in the 200-300 range but most required local pickups.
    Quote Originally Posted by zfrogz View Post
    I grabbed this one for $299 +$5 shipping (item number 250899692767). It didn't specify that is was 16GB but all of the AT&T ones are. The same person was selling a few of them. I was emailing people on craigslist last night in the bay area to see if anyone would ship one to me. I saw a bunch on there in the 200-300 range but most required local pickups.
    Just heard back from one of the craigslist guys I emailed. I can't guarantee he is legit but I suspect so. Here is his reply to me. I already got one off eBay but if you want his email, PM me.

"yes, I can ship it to you.
    The phone itself cost $245 then I will add: $15 for shipping.
    Once you have confirmed that you want it, give me your address, I will ship it today ASAP.
    then I will e-mail you my paypal acct."

He claims to have a few.
    Last edited by zfrogz; 09/26/2011 at 05:43 PM.
    I think those who are planning to buy from ebay can pull the trigger.. Right now I see that there are lot of BIN with price < $400..
    Has anyone tried to Franken Pre the Pre3 to work on Sprint? Can you just change the com board like with the Pre2 and have a Sprint Pre3?
    Its not possible, the hardware is to different.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post

Just asked an HP employee who has an AT&T Pre3. $75.00

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast