1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I have a UK Pre 3 that I activated from Germany using Impostah. For some reason, since I got the phone, I am unable to receive text messages from any carrier. Normal messaging seems to work just fine. I already called my carrier to try to figure out the problem, but they told me everything was just fine with my SIM card.

When I go to my accounts management on my Pre 3, it shows my HP webOS Account as "Dr. Skipped Firstuse." I suspect that it may have something to do with this. Any help would be really appreciated!
    David Vogt - Founder and administrator of Photography Union
    Follow me on Twitter! --- Add me on Facebook!
    maybe it is about country code?

About Dr Skipped... mine have too (Veer), and that won't be a problem.
  3.    #3  
    thanks for the response! The strange thing is I can send texts just fine, but when people reply to my message I don't get it! My SIM card is 3 weeks old so there shouldn't be anything on it besides a few contacts. Is there any way to clear the sim card of messages? Thanks!
    sorry for the stupid question but when I got my pre3 I thought I wasn't getting text messages either but it turns out I just had notifications disabled(came that way by default) so I never saw them come in until I turned notifications on. So is notifications enabled in the messaging preferences?
    I too am having problems with text messages. Here is whats happening with me:

If i use my SIM card (bell) with my profile on my pre3, then i receive messages extremely delayed.
    I then used my sister's SIM card (rogers) with a new profile, and everything worked perfectly.
    I then used my SIM card with the new profile, and again the messages were working.

So it seems that there is a problem with my profile? Does anyone have any clue on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    I too am having problems with text messages. Here is whats happening with me:

If i use my SIM card (bell) with my profile on my pre3, then i receive messages extremely delayed.
    I then used my sister's SIM card (rogers) with a new profile, and everything worked perfectly.
    I then used my SIM card with the new profile, and again the messages were working.

So it seems that there is a problem with my profile? Does anyone have any clue on this?
    what other devices did you use with that profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthree View Post
    what other devices did you use with that profile?
    It has been used on two pres (second one was a replacement due to bad oreo), and then my pre2, and now the pre3
    BUMP

Does anyone have any ideas to my problem?