Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    has anyone received there att pre 3 and how are they on ebay whats the story behind this and how is he getting them need info please
    don't bother... just buy one if there is people have and want to sell it.
    Good guestion. People talk about buying them on eBay. Has anyone actually received one.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Yes. I received one that I purchased on eBay. There are many threads talking about these units.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Yes. I received one that I purchased on eBay. There are many threads talking about these units.
    How much you bought it? I see you are using AT&T, I wonder are there any Pre 3 AT&T owner that using other carrier that need 2100. How it work?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    How much you bought it? I see you are using AT&T, I wonder are there any Pre 3 AT&T owner that using other carrier that need 2100. How it work?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    I paid $500 + shipping last week. It was the first AT&T unit I saw for sale and I couldn't resist.

I haven't used it in a 2100 UMTS country yet, but it should work just as well as my Veer which I have used in RoK just fine. I will be in Hungary and Japan in the next few weeks and both are 2100 countries (Hungary has GSM + 3G-2100 while Japan has virtually no GSM but 3G-2100).

I would recommend being careful about automated backups when traveling abroad though.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
  7.    #7  
    and how is it lets us know
  8.    #8  
    there back on ebay
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gurren View Post
    and how is it lets us know
    LOL. A bit funny on that. I've been using my UK Pre3 for two weeks and love it.
    I received the AT&T unit yesterday and tested it out only for a bit. For whatever reason I wanted my tiny Veer so I popped my sim in that phone and have it with me at work today.

I'm trying to decide if I want to set my ATT Pre3 up to "impersonate" a ROW Pre3 per the other threads here or if I want to cross my fingers that a Doctor will be released for the ATT model.

So, in short, I haven't used it much at all. I will likely set it up this evening and use it as my default phone starting tomorrow.

Just have to decide on impersonation.
  10.    #10  
    cool let me know how it goes think i will get one myself
    I bought one on ebay yesterday. Wish I would've paid $500 :P Paid even more, but this was my dream phone, I switched to AT&T a few months back in preparation for this and I figure it'll sadly probably be the last webOS phone I'll ever purchase, so going all out. Excited for it to arrive! @Mize, I'm told by someone who works at HP that they will be releasing doctors for the AT&T and Verizon versions as too many people at HP are already using these phones and need a doctor solution. I wouldn't worry about that. Just don't patch it too much until we get our hands on the doc.
    shadavis08 likes this.
  12.    #12  
    o and mize why so many lol
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gurren View Post
    o and mize why so many lol
    Just that I finally got the AT&T Pre3 and used the Veer instead.
    hey mize, if you're worried about impersonating, it is completely reversible. That is why we made a backup of our tokens
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    hey mize, if you're worried about impersonating, it is completely reversible. That is why we made a backup of our tokens
    Thanks Soorma. For now I suppose I should backup my tokens just in case I'm in a position where I must Doctor without an AT&T doctor. It's not that I have anything against the impersonation technique (Heck I have chrooted ubuntu on my TP), but I like the idea of keeping AT&Ts nav software with the larger graphics if I can.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    maybe getting a job at hp only to get the pre 3 then quit is worth it!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Received mine today.

jazzdoc likes this.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Several days into mine (well, 2.5 weeks if you count the UK version) and it's the best phone I've owned.
    zfrogz likes this.
    what can I do with one if I don't have a SIM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what can I do with one if I don't have a SIM?
    Get a SIM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast