Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hallo again (it's been a while since my last post - my Pre- is broken),

I'm looking forward to obtain Pre3 and this is the case:

Since I'm from unsupported country (Poland in my case)I'm going to activate my Pre3 via Impostash & here comes one question:

What is better to choose: US AppCatalog - more apps so far
    or
    UK AC - becouse Pre3 will not see US land? (AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK - $correct$ $me$ $if$ $I$'$m$ $wrong$)?
    What is the possibility that UK AC will be better for Pre3 fixed apps?

I suppose I won't gain any of paid apps couse it'll be difficult to pay for it by Credit Card from US/UK since I didn't have one(some virtual CC maybe?).

What is Your suggestion?

Regards,
    -pretoo-
    I'm living in the Netherlands (also a non-supported country) and my PrPrPr$3$ $is$ $UK$ $activated$. $Though$ $the$ $US$ $catalog$ $has$ $slightly$ $more$ $apps$, $I$ $would$ $be$ $able$ $to$ $buy$ $apps$, $so$ $that$'$s$ $why$ $I$ $activated$ $this$ $way$. $An$ $US$ $activated$ $device$ $doesn$'$t$ $support$ $buying$ $stuff$ $using$ $a$ $European$ $creditcard$. $The$ $prices$ $in$ $the$ $catalog$ $are$ $listed$ $in$ $British$ $Pounds$ $of$ $course$, $but$ $the$ $currency$ $rate$ $to$ $Euro$ $isn$'$t$ $too$ $bad$ $at$ $the$ $moment$.. $If$ $you$ $activate$ $your$ $Pr$$3$ $UK$, $then$ $you$ $can$ $use$ $any$ $European$ $creditcard$. $I$ $assume$ $that$ $would$ $go$ $for$ $Polish$ $creditcards$ $as$ $well$..
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Thank you for your reply!
    I think I'll do it your way and find a way to use some Eropean/Polish CC.
    I hope my country can benefit being in the UE afterall. Or me and my Pre3 at least .
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Im sure rwhitby made a post about what credit cards worked for what region and if im not mistaken you had to have a credit card from one of the EU supported countries to be able to pay in the UK App Catalog. If this is correct it wont work with a Polish or in my case a Swedish card and we have to use a card from an approved country.

Edited to add link to rwhitby's post:
    [url]http://forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/281075-global-paid-app-catalog-access-new-unlocked-gsm-pre-2-pre-3-veer-using-impostah.html[/url

Also read some post saying a virtual credit card (wirecard.com) works fine with the EU App Catalog.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Same as the above poster. Also living in the Netherlands. I use wirecard, an online credit card. Or actually, a debit card. Worked fine, but I once bought an app when I had no money on my card. App installed fine, but can't buy anything anymore. But I do want some apps like BFG maps. Nowhere to be found

Edit: using wirecard, I entered my credit card details and country in app catalog as The Netherlands
    Last edited by djind; 09/20/2011 at 03:48 PM. Reason: add info
    What about carrier specific apps? I activated my euro unlocked Pre 3 on the US app catalog but I don't have any of the carrier specific apps! For instance, I don't have angry birds and most of the good apps! All these apps are available on my touchpad! Would these apps be available on the UK app catalog?
    Global Posts
    936 Global Posts
    Im using wirecard and entered my adress but used Germany for country. Works fine with UK app catalog from Sweden.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    ok guys, for those in an unsupported country (like myself) and would like access to US paid apps, i have great news for you, i found a website that issues US debit cards online! I applied for one and i got it yesterday and it works!

i don't want to give the name of the website here in case hp decide to block those cards!

pm me if u're interested!