webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Report Pre3 bugs here
Report Pre3 bugs here
Like Tree5Likes

Old 09/20/2011, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

hi! I've seen a centralized bug reporting thread in the touchpad forum, and maybe this would be a good idea for the pre3 also? to make life easier for the few remaining webos developers at hp...and to make improvements to 2.2 more likely. what do you think? cheers, thomas

[NOTE]
*Staff Note*

Please use this thread for reporting bugs found on your Pre3.
Be sure to follow the directions in Post #4 below.
Any off-topic, or non-bug posts will be deleted.
[/NOTE]

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/02/2013 at 07:24 PM.
tschmidt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by pgarcia, gastr and merlin29 like this.
Old 09/21/2011, 05:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm giving this a push since it seems rather important, to me at least.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Old 09/21/2011, 07:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

let's use this thread for that!
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2011, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)

maybe it would be useful to use the same list of questions used in the touchpad thread:

Tips for recording a great bug

1. Identify
Proper identification of a bug is the most important thing when it comes to reporting a bug. If something happens only once is it really a bug? It’s also important to be able to know the different between expected behavior and unexpected behavior, sometimes things we perceive are bugs are not bugs at all, however when it doubt assume it’s a bug.
2. Isolate
Take all other factors out of the equation. Although preware is likely not the issue, it’s best to ensure a bug continues to appear with no software that could interfere
3. Describe
Others rely on what you say is a bug to attempt to replicate, and verify that it is a bug. Be descriptive, make sure you list enough information for someone else to come behind you and know exactly what you are talking about.
4. Replicate
So you found a bug and you have isolated, now it’s time to replicate. It’s important to replicate the bug so you can document exact steps it takes to reproduce the bug. This is key for further testing.
5. Verify
Once you have replicated that is a bug verify, post it in the forums and let others attempt to make sure they see what you see, as others post bugs you can do the same.

Other key tips when filing your bug

1. Make your bug the first thing people see. The first line of your post should be the bug you have experienced.
2. Don’t write a wall of text. If there is a giant wall of text most people are just going to pass it by. Bullet list if possible.
3. Make sense and use proper grammar. That’s not to say that we should all be 100 percent perfect English, but someone coming behind you shouldn’t have a hard time reading what you wrote.
4. Document, document, document. While avoiding number 2 you want to document as much information as you can
5. Include a screen shot if possible.

Questions to answer

The following questions are questions you can easily answer that are going to help discern as much as possible what the bug is.

1. Give a brief description of what happened.
2. Do you receive any error messages?
3. What are the expected results?
4. What application exhibits the symptom?
5. What account does the symptom appear in? (e.g. Facebook, Google etc)
6. Have you downloaded an application outside of the App Catalog?
a. If so, what application and where from?
7. What are you doing when the issue happens?
8. When did the symptom first appear?
9. How frequently does the symptom occur?
10. Can you tie the issue back to a specific action or does it appear to be random?
11. Can you effectively replicate the issue?
. List exact steps to replicate issue
12. Is something else involved besides the webOS device? (e.g. Accessory/Computer/Wireless router)
. Manufacturer :
a. Model Number:
b. Version / Revision:
c. Year:
13. Can HP contact you for further questions and or log files? (yes or no)***

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/07/2011 at 07:12 AM.
Old 09/23/2011, 10:18 AM   #5 (permalink)

I hope I am posting this here right. We both have Pre 3 on O2 in Germany. Both me and my whife are facing the same bug:

We switch off GSM Data Connection when at home and use Wi-Fi. Also on the work, I switch it off (again, Wi-Fi) and my whife usualy turn it on when she needs to do Web or whatever when she is just arrond and no Wi-Fi available. We do this on the Phone App Menu; I at least have no significant patches installed.

The problem is that nearly always, when we switch it back, it shows us nothing on the right upper corner, no internet or connectivity at all, and to work this arround we need to turn on airplane mode, wait a few, turn airplane mode off, and then we get connectivity. This problem happens sporadically, but is increasing, so far, I have no idea if it is time related or to the Wi-Fi connection related, point is that it does happen and it is annoying.

Any clues on this?

I will try to report this Bug to HP as soon as I can.
saf69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/25/2011, 01:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saf69 View Post
I hope I am posting this here right. We both have Pre 3 on O2 in Germany. Both me and my whife are facing the same bug:

We switch off GSM Data Connection when at home and use Wi-Fi. Also on the work, I switch it off (again, Wi-Fi) and my whife usualy turn it on when she needs to do Web or whatever when she is just arrond and no Wi-Fi available. We do this on the Phone App Menu; I at least have no significant patches installed.

The problem is that nearly always, when we switch it back, it shows us nothing on the right upper corner, no internet or connectivity at all, and to work this arround we need to turn on airplane mode, wait a few, turn airplane mode off, and then we get connectivity. This problem happens sporadically, but is increasing, so far, I have no idea if it is time related or to the Wi-Fi connection related, point is that it does happen and it is annoying.

Any clues on this?

I will try to report this Bug to HP as soon as I can.
If you switch Wi-Fi on and leave it on it will switch between GSM and Wi-Fi on it's own. Try only switching Wi-Fi on and off.
deewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: KristianR
Old 09/26/2011, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

There seems to be a bug with my EU unlocked Pre 3 when the slider is open and I try to power it off using the power button (with the slider still open). The screen blinks and it takes a couple of tries to turn the phone off. Anyone else see this?
rogerkang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/2011, 07:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

i have a german Pre3 and this doesnt happen on my unit. goes straight off (screen and keyboard)
Sonic-NKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/26/2011, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

I have not tried to recreate this yet but here is what happened.

I was in my car with the 3.5mm port plugged into my car's stereo and was playing music. I had a phone call come in which paused the music and it sent the call to my bluetooth speaker phone. When the call ended, it resumed play of the music but only through the right speakers until I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in.
zfrogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/27/2011, 09:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deewalker View Post
If you switch Wi-Fi on and leave it on it will switch between GSM and Wi-Fi on it's own. Try only switching Wi-Fi on and off.
I also tried this, only Wi-Fi on and off, to check with 3G would work back. Nope, nothing. I really need to "reset" the sym card everytime, with airplane mode, then it works. I need to contact HP on this.
Old 09/27/2011, 09:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Im unable to send emails as it wont validate the settings.

Im running POP with user authentication and SSL towards port 465 and while trying to validate I get a error message.

It works fine with my Pre and my computers but the Pre3 is a no go.
Old 09/27/2011, 02:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post

Im running POP with user authentication and SSL towards port 465 and while trying to validate I get a error message.

May be it is different in France, but here I use pop, no encryption and port 110. No problem for me.

Denis
f6exb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/28/2011, 08:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saf69 View Post
I also tried this, only Wi-Fi on and off, to check with 3G would work back. Nope, nothing. I really need to "reset" the sym card everytime, with airplane mode, then it works. I need to contact HP on this.
I am impressed! I called yesterday HP Tech. Supp. on Germany, and they were so, so friendly, but so friendly, that I am not even that worried they could not solve this problem!

OK, the guy said me that I should try a complete erase and then call again. I will try this in one or 2 weeks (no time now).

Besides of that, the thing with the both Phone halves not being perfect matched, or a little bit loose, he asked me for some pictures, which I will do and will send them. If I have more news on this, I will post it here.

Last edited by saf69; 09/28/2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09/29/2011, 03:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f6exb View Post
Hello,

May be it is different in France, but here I use pop, no encryption and port 110. No problem for me.

Denis
Yes, Port 25 with no encryption works fine but as soon as I add encryption for outgoing mail it wont send the mails.

Its so frustrating because I can't reply or send mails with the Pre3 while my old Pre works fine with same settings.

Last edited by Andreas; 09/29/2011 at 08:36 AM.
Andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 07:47 AM   #15 (permalink)

Hi,
I've experienced a bug related with contacts numbers.
First ALL my Contacts was in international format (+48 in my case)due to bug with no name/only number showing when recieved calls (I didn't experienced such bug -> see below), everything was fine till one day. When I've tried to make a call I couldn't (No such number info).
I've tried to call manually without international code (+48) & it worked. Even received call showed Name instead of buggy 'number only'.

But:

When I try to send a SMS via Messaging app -> Search for Contact -> write -> Send I realized that doesn't work becouse my Pre3 try to put (infront of number of Contact I want to text)strange +0

I has to sent it via Contacts app -> Mobile number (messaging icon).
When I add an international code Message -> Search -> Send works great.

BTW: UK Pre3 before update to webOS 2.2-b.3171 (i think 3165).
After Update -> the same situation.
pretoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 09:49 AM   #16 (permalink)

Fix please the SMS sending problem for all countries
pgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 10:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas View Post

I had this problem too. I logged out of yahoo (my web based email) on my PC and then logged in no problem with my Pre 3. I have no idea why this worked but it did. I logged back into my email on my PC and both work fine now. I suspect that in 2 weeks when it next asks me for my password that I wioll have to do the same thing. Hope it works for you too.
kar1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/30/2011, 10:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

I am getting very erratic facebook notifications. I have actually only recieved 3 notifications where I should have recieved about 20 (I've had the phone 2 days). I signed up for facebook sms notifications since the normal ones don't reliably work; I recieved the confirmation text fine but have recieved zero sms notifications.
kar1179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/01/2011, 10:43 PM   #19 (permalink)

I use Greman Pre 3, I have problem with browser & sms. The problem is related with render. When I use browser, and want to share an article to my fb account, share button at right bottom almost every time gone or can't be clicked. zoom out the browser, share button appear, zoom in, it gone again. make landscape or portrait still not solve it. At sms app, when I type sms more then 1 sometimes it won't automatic scroll down, so I typed but the text not appeared. I use the navigator (alt+gesture) to scroll down manually, the text I typed showed, but after I release the nav button, the text back to scroll up again.

Other bug happened with browser: when I go to Precentral website, at forum toolbar, there is tiny arrow to show scroll down menu, it wont work. Same with arrow at notification at upper right side, it can't be clicked.

Light sensor on screen somewhat mess-up, brightness high and low really randomly change. This almost happened all the time, especially at indoor area with dim lighting.
The Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2011, 06:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

Audio seems to get choppy when I access mobile data.

Also getting TMC errors sparingly when happening, but I barely have anything running.
ToniCipriani is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0