Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    One of the best features of Palm has always been the camera. The camera still works, but the picture never gets saved. I see a little inset of the pic I just took, but when I try to look at the picture, in pictures (either through the inset link, or from the Launchpad pictures app) the pics are not there. At first I thought it might be because of the pics I copies on originally, because on earlier Palm phones, I arranged by folders, which don't appear there either.

So I went in and deleted some pics, then tried again. I still cant take a pic & add to my pics, then view it. The picture is taken, but then disappears.

I still have a lot of room 15.4 gigs!

WebOS is up to date, from the date of purchase. Any other solutions would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by maybeenuf4u View Post
    One of the best features of Palm has always been the camera. The camera still works, but the picture never gets saved. I see a little inset of the pic I just took, but when I try to look at the picture, in pictures (either through the inset link, or from the Launchpad pictures app) the pics are not there. At first I thought it might be because of the pics I copies on originally, because on earlier Palm phones, I arranged by folders, which don't appear there either.

So I went in and deleted some pics, then tried again. I still cant take a pic & add to my pics, then view it. The picture is taken, but then disappears.

WebOS is up to date, from the date of purchase. Any other solutions would be appreciated.
    I've found that sometimes the photos really are there and it's just that the Photos app isn't showing them. Check the photos folder in USB mode (DCIM/100PALM) or in Internalz or other file manager (media/internal/DCIM/100PALM) to verify whether the photos are there or not.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maybeenuf4u View Post

I often find a reboot sorts things out. This often happens on my Pre 3, occasionally on my Pre 2. I always reboot if I know I'm going to be taking photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I've found that sometimes the photos really are there and it's just that the Photos app isn't showing them. Check the photos folder in USB mode (DCIM/100PALM) or in Internalz or other file manager (media/internal/DCIM/100PALM) to verify whether the photos are there or not.
    I'll check that tonite!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pbgiv View Post
    Don’t know if this is a bug or just an issue with/without a solution: My multiple email accounts will update and load headers, but won't download the email bodies/contents. When I click on one, it opens but where the body should be it just says "Retrieving email text...", then it will time out and say "Unable to download message" with a "Retry" button.

It is an AT&T Pre 3, (Pre 3 for ATT. Build ATT.166.2207, webOS 2.2.3 -- received OTA update to that on 2nd or 3rd day) running on AT&T, and before updating the IMEI in their system from my Pre Plus it worked great – email and all. That was for the first two weeks, but without the IMEI being updated I could only get 3G not the HSPA+ that the Pre 3 is capable of. So I called AT&T to update the IMEI in their system and immediately got the H+ and all seemed well . Then a few hours later I realized I couldn’t download the body of emails from gmail or yahoo, though my Exchange mail was working. Everything else was fine, internet, synergy, etc. But then the next day not even Exchange mail would download the text, giving the same error and timeout.

I call AT&T, spend time troubleshooting and get transferred to Tier 2 support. Tech can’t see why it’s not working, or why that change would have had that impact, and suggest wiping it and starting over, to see if that resolves it, or calling HP (which I’ve done to see if they’ve seen this bug – but they don’t support it since it was never officially released!! Great.). SO, I do blow it out and start over, doing Full Erase. And it WORKED… but only for 2 days, then the same thing happened – email bodies won’t download. And rather than go through the rebuild all over again for it to only last a day or two, I thought I’d see if anyone had seen this and had a solution. I’m thinking I will doctor it and totally restore it new, then only patch minimally (battery symbol/% kinda things).

Anyone have any insight?
    I'm having this same kind of issue... did you ever have any luck resolving it?
    I have the problem of having to re-login with my username/password on my company website with every link I click on. Once I sign in again it takes me to the link I requested. I never had this problem on my Pre 2 or Pre Plus. I've just been dealing with it for the past year but it is getting really old. I have a feeling it has something to do with cookies possibly...and they are Enabled. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can't seem to find anyone that has had this problem.
    Have you tried deleting cookies? Sounds to me as if the one for your companies website might just be a faulty one.
    If this happens on *only* one site, then as a LAN and web admin, I'd say that the problem is in the server or application configuration on the far side, and not at the client. That is not to say that the same connection from a desktop system might not work perfectly; this could be just a matter of poor browser detection.

OTOH, if this is a consistent problem across multiple sites, then perhaps session cookies are not getting saved. Short of doctoring the device, I'm not sure what the fix for that might be. I *can* say that with webOS 2.2.4 (on AT&T), I have not seen this particular problem on any sites.

And I agree that at the very least, you should try clearing cache & cookies first.
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisR View Post
    If this happens on *only* one site, then as a LAN and web admin, I'd say that the problem is in the server or application configuration on the far side, and not at the client. That is not to say that the same connection from a desktop system might not work perfectly; this could be just a matter of poor browser detection.

OTOH, if this is a consistent problem across multiple sites, then perhaps session cookies are not getting saved. Short of doctoring the device, I'm not sure what the fix for that might be. I *can* say that with webOS 2.2.4 (on AT&T), I have not seen this particular problem on any sites.

And I agree that at the very least, you should try clearing cache & cookies first.
    Hi and thanks for the suggestions. I cleared the cookies and cache with no success. I'm going to email the company tech next I guess. Weird that I'm the only one that has this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by darbykidd View Post
    Hi and thanks for the suggestions. I cleared the cookies and cache with no success. I'm going to email the company tech next I guess. Weird that I'm the only one that has this issue.
    Well, it was certainly worth a shot. Did you try clearing cache & cookies and then rebooting before accessing the site? This might do more to clear memory.

Meanwhile, if you do contact your company's tech support, you might want to include mention of the user agent as reported by the device, which should be something similar to:

Code:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; webOS/2.2.4; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) webOSBrowser/221.56 Safari/534.6 Pre/3.0
    Perhaps it will help pin down the errant code, if indeed it is on the far end.

Good luck!
    tries to mail rtf to an address on a server that no longer exists at all ...it's still sold in the app catalog I got beat for the 99cents for it ...I am angry to think of the irresponsible developer sitting back raking in the money dishonestly ...I am disgusted with HP for not clearing out such zombies & being complicit in this rip-off...
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    tries to mail rtf to an address on a server that no longer exists at all ...it's still sold in the app catalog I got beat for the 99cents for it ...I am angry to think of the irresponsible developer sitting back raking in the money dishonestly ...I am disgusted with HP for not clearing out such zombies & being complicit in this rip-off...
    Sorry, but not only have I no idea of what you speak, as you have not mentioned exactly *what* app this is/was, but I have no idea what this has to do with bugs in the Pre3's hardware or firmware. Both of these make it kind of hard to help... Sorry.
    Google Location Services does not work in Southern Hemisphere
    Lattitude thinks its at 402 instead of -27
    Longitude is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Google Location Services does not work in Southern Hemisphere
    Lattitude thinks its at 402 instead of -27
    Longitude is correct.
    Can you confirm that this happens with other GPS-enabled apps? Does it happen when connected via Wi-Fi as well as via the cell carrier?

This sounds like an app or carrier issue and not a real problem with the phone.

Cheers
    Can you confirm that this happens with other GPS-enabled apps? Does it happen when connected via Wi-Fi as well as via the cell carrier?

This sounds like an app or carrier issue and not a real problem with the phone.

Cheers
    I just read another thread about this this morning. It's only Google location services, not GPS. GPS works fine, just slow. It's likely the Google-related code in the OS, not Google's own hosted services.
    Thanks, Matt.

As I suspected, this is yet another issue which does not belong in this thread (except for perhaps GPS being slow to respond; I haven't noticed that, myself).

Cheers
    Sorry, but not only have I no idea of what you speak, as you have not mentioned exactly *what* app this is/was, but I have no idea what this has to do with bugs in the Pre3's hardware or firmware. Both of these make it kind of hard to help... Sorry.
    dunno if it is a bug or deficiency of the server the app addresses ...the app is "RTFtoPDF" sold on app catalog currently...
    Thanks, Matt.

As I suspected, this is yet another issue which does not belong in this thread (except for perhaps GPS being slow to respond; I haven't noticed that, myself).

Cheers
    why does it not belong, its a major bug in the WebOS, have same on my touchpad, webos 3.05 also wrong , but works perfectly if install android. also pre and touchpad work fine when go to northern hemisphere.

the GPS is slow because it first get rough fix from WIFI or Cell which is total wrong for latitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    why does it not belong, its a major bug in the WebOS, have same on my touchpad, webos 3.05 also wrong , but works perfectly if install android. also pre and touchpad work fine when go to northern hemisphere.

the GPS is slow because it first get rough fix from WIFI or Cell which is total wrong for latitude.
    If it is a bug in webOS, then it's *not* an issue with the Pre3 *device*.

If it does not happen with a different carrier, then it's *not* an issue with the Pre3 *device*.

So, I might suggest that you post something in one of the forum topics more relevant to the situation, such as:

Worldwide Carriers (GSM and CDMA) - webOS Nation Forums

or

webOS Discussion Lounge - webOS Nation Forums

I'm not the topic police, and I mean no offense; it's just frustrating to have to wade through tons of OT posts when trying to find something (like whether one's Pre3 is the only one which has volume issues or screen blinking or an overheating battery, which are all valid items for this thread).

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    dunno if it is a bug or deficiency of the server the app addresses ...the app is "RTFtoPDF" sold on app catalog currently...
    You might be better off posting something in a more closely related topic, such as:

webOS Apps & Games - webOS Nation Forums

as this does not seem to have anythign to do with the Pre3 hardware or firmware specific to the Pre3 at all.

Cheers
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast