webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Pre 3 > Report Pre3 bugs here
Report Pre3 bugs here
Like Tree5Likes

Old 09/26/2012, 12:44 AM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyllatylla View Post
This happened to me a few times too but not that frequent as to start bugging me. But from now on I will start watching out for it, maybe I can find a pattern.

I encounter really frequently the empty page bug, when after loading a page in the browser while the card is in the background the page loads, but when I switch back to it, the content can be seen only for a fraction of a second, after that the page is cleared and I look at a white page. I have to hit reload and wait for the page to load to see the content. A few months ago I found something about this, but now I can't find it anymore.
Btw: Pre3 2.2.4 German version.
Mine is also same German version. The same blank page issue happened me too, but for a very limited number of pages, I'll watch out for that also.
cagdasbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/19/2012, 09:55 AM   #142 (permalink)

In my calendar, when creating a new event by tapping a blank area, the text shortcuts don't work, either the ones I've added or stock (u, r, etc). I have ubercalendar installed, but it happens when I remove it.
Old 10/26/2012, 01:00 PM   #143 (permalink)

Hello there. First time post. Recently my Pre 3 has not been picking up phone calls, instead people have been going straight to answer phone. And when I try and make phone calls it either says that the line is busy(when it's not) or phone call has been dropped...

Any suggestions or helpful advice would be most appreciated.
Judasdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2012, 01:29 AM   #144 (permalink)

Copying from another thread (http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ml#post3365071).

There seem to suddenly be connection errors between Facebook for webOS and Facebook.

I'm on a Pre3, facebook 1.5.62 and webOS 2.2.4

jg_zona posted:
I am experiencing a similar problem with the Facebook App... My device is a Palm Pre with webOS 1.4.5 and Facebook v1.5.62... Starting this morning, when opening the Facebook App I received a message stating "Communications error. An error occurred communicating with the server." and it gave me the option to "Retry" (which repeatedly generated the same Communications Error message) or "Dismiss" which would initially open the App, but without functionality & with a news feed that wouldn't refresh.

I then came to this forum and found this thread... The first suggestion that I attempted was to go into my Facebook App account preferences and sign out & back into my account. I was unable to successfully sign out of my account from my Pre - when I tried to sign out of the account I received a message saying "AcctMgr_Authentication_Bad_Request".

I then got on my desktop computer to sign in to my Facebook account and take a better look at my account from a computer. I went to my Account Settings/Apps page and noticed that the Facebook for HP webOS App has mysteriously disappeared and is no longer showing in my list of authorized apps. I also noticed that mobile uploads of 2 photos that I posted to Facebook from my Pre last Friday were no longer showing on my timeline (Actually all of my Mobile Uploads are missing - when I go to my Photos section it shows a Mobile Uploads folder with 9 photos, but when I open the folder there are no pictures there).

So the disappearance of the Facebook for HP webOS authorization has obviously created the issue with the App's integration between my Facebook account and my Pre.

I next went back to my Pre and uninstalled and reinstalled the Facebook App, thinking that the new installation & sign on would create a new authorization script for my account. Unfortunately that was not the case. The App did reinstall successfully, however when I open the App and get the initial Sign In page I am unable to sign in to my account and am back to getting the "AcctMgr_Authentication_Bad_Request" message that I had received earlier.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how this issue can be resolved?

*** I posted:
Bump - anyone have this issue? Thinking about starting a new thread.

Had communication Error, so removed app from phone. then removed facebook account from phone (accounts section). reinstalled facebook app from the marketplace.

logging in while trying to add facebook to Accounts from phone accounts now says signon information incorrect.

logging in from facebook app says
Error: 401_UNAUTHORIZED - Facebook login failed 1: [400]: When in development mode, only application owners can use this method

Any ideas?
TeamK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/07/2012, 01:34 PM   #145 (permalink)

The number selection scroll bars are sticky. I can only scroll a few numbers at a time than have to swipe my thumb again. This happens in the stock clock app when I set the alarm. Has anyone else had this happen?

I am using an AT&T pre3.

Update: It happens other places these scrollbars appear. I have reproduced it in the following apps.

Date Calculator
Clock
NextShot

It doesn't happen in the calendar app.

Angus23

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

Last edited by angus23; 12/07/2012 at 01:55 PM.
angus23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/25/2012, 08:58 PM   #146 (permalink)

I've seen the number scrolling on my pre3 as well... Not sure what to do about it.

Any idea about the Bluetooth profiles supported? I can't get it to pair fully with a 2.1+ device.. Lg tone hbs 700. Works for calls only. No audio streaming over a2dp. Thought it would work. Anyone doing audio streaming with pre3 and with what devices?

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
kevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/26/2012, 02:12 AM   #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
found a small bug...

my regional settings are all set to uk, including the short date format, but in exhibition, the date in the top bar is american format. (pre3, 2.2.4)
+1

Kingshukt
kingshukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/02/2013, 06:14 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus23 View Post
The number selection scroll bars are sticky. I can only scroll a few numbers at a time than have to swipe my thumb again. This happens in the stock clock app when I set the alarm. Has anyone else had this happen?

I am using an AT&T pre3.

Update: It happens other places these scrollbars appear. I have reproduced it in the following apps.

Date Calculator
Clock
NextShot

It doesn't happen in the calendar app.

Angus23
This happened to me, but as I found out it was caused by a patch.
The webOS Scrollbars patch had some artifacts with disabling the scroll of lists. See here: Drop down list very slow

There is a newer version (the previous link contains this too, but I'm putting it here for easy reference). It's here:
[Patch Project] webOS Scrollbars

If you do not have this patch installed, than I'm clueless.
tylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/12/2013, 10:28 AM   #149 (permalink)

When I install Advanced System Preferences Framework can't to edit contacts or get into contact preferences. Simply nothign's happen.
And if I install Advanced System Preferences: System Pref, phone's Screen and Sound preferences doesn't work as well.

I have Pre3 / 2.2.4 / Spanish.

I tried everything and could not fix it: Emergency Path Recovery, Doctor, New Palm Profile
cgonzalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 04:59 PM   #150 (permalink)

Hi, this is my first time on here and quite honestly don't know if I'm even posting in the right place but at this point I'm just desperate to find someone to help me. I bought a brand new in the sealed box Verizon HP Pre 3 on ebay but didn't realize I'd have a problem getting it activated. I called Verizon and the lady I talked to thinks I was sold a bad phone. Is this a common problem, getting this device activated? I have no clue about tech topics regarding phones...I just know I was in love with my first palm pre plus and saw this phone for sale...I assumed it would be ok since it said Verizon. Can anyone help me at all with this? Thank you!
misslissa125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2013, 05:13 PM   #151 (permalink)

That's not a bug. Be patient and use the answers on the other thread you've posted. This forum's not so big that your post is going to get lost.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/26/2013, 08:08 PM   #152 (permalink)

U.K. Version pre3 sound delay happen

play game sound delay happen..
topki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 05:00 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judasdisciple View Post
Hello there. First time post. Recently my Pre 3 has not been picking up phone calls, instead people have been going straight to answer phone. And when I try and make phone calls it either says that the line is busy(when it's not) or phone call has been dropped...

Any suggestions or helpful advice would be most appreciated.
I have had this a few times. I call AT&T and it gets sorted out with their help and a device restart. Not sure why it starts in the first place though my suspicion is that it is due to moving between towers (travelling) across state lines...but I have no data from AT& T to substantiate that...
MCompeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 05:06 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagdasbas View Post
Browser issue:
This happens me a lot. When I tap on a textbox and start to write, first letter I wrote appears in both textbox and browser's address bar, and if I don't tap on textbox again, all the things I wrote will goes only to address bar. This thing is happening for not a particular website, as it seems to happen in all.
What do you think?
Ditto here. This happens once/twice every couple days. Not enough to make me throw the phone at the wall, but annoying nonetheless. And this is NEW. The Pre 3 never did this for past 11 months... Only last 2 mos or so. I wonder if its due to some patch installed?? (I have too many installed to ennumerate!)

Mike
MCompeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/17/2013, 05:55 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCompeau View Post
Ditto here. This happens once/twice every couple days. Not enough to make me throw the phone at the wall, but annoying nonetheless. And this is NEW. The Pre 3 never did this for past 11 months... Only last 2 mos or so. I wonder if its due to some patch installed?? (I have too many installed to ennumerate!)

Mike
No. Likely performance lagging a bit. The way that the browser UI knows that you are typing in a website is through a callback. When you tap a text field, WebKit triggers a callback to the UI that notes you are editing something. The browser then knows this so it can disable capturing the text input into the address bar. Of course... if that callback does not trigger fast enough, the browser then assumes that you are typing an address and steals focus. Once the address bar text field is focused, end of line. You have to manually unfocus it.

It is worse in Universe, I am afraid... :/ I should spend a bit more time on this, though... Or eliminate address bar capturing without some specific action first.
Old 06/11/2013, 06:20 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCompeau View Post
I have had this a few times. I call AT&T and it gets sorted out with their help and a device restart. Not sure why it starts in the first place though my suspicion is that it is due to moving between towers (travelling) across state lines...but I have no data from AT& T to substantiate that...
Same thing happend to my Veer(o2 Germany) from time to time. Java restart couldn't do only device restart! Don't have any clue, maybe software issues?
bibiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2013, 02:44 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
Camera bug - If i take a picture, delete it, take a new picture and press the thumbnail to view it, its the previous deleted picture.
I'm getting the exact same result when clicking on a thumbnail. Very strange. If anyone finds a solution and/or patch, please let us know.

Thanks!
qbenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2013, 03:14 PM   #158 (permalink)

Sorry, not seeing this one. Snapped a pic. Tapped the thumbnail, which took me to the first pic in my Photo Roll. Tapped the title (Photo Roll), which gave me the light table view. Scrolled to the new pic, tapped it, and deleted. Repeated the process, and the new pic was in the thumbnail and in the Photo Roll.

Try creating a new album and moving the contents of your existing Photo Roll there. See if you can reproduce the error with an otherwise-empty Photo Roll, perhaps.
LewisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/02/2013, 02:10 AM   #159 (permalink)

First, I think it was around the 4th of July weekend, my Exchange Mail stopped syncing. When I could, I deleted the account and then added it back and everything was ok. Now, starting somewhere around July 15th, my Yahoo Mail is not working, and it seems to be wreaking havoc with my Exchange as well. What happens is that Yahoo shows that I have new mail... I can see new messages in my Inbox with Name of sender and Subject, but I can't open the body of the messages. This happens on both WiFi and Cellular. And now that this started happening, I can see my Exchange emails in my Inbox with Sender, Subject, AND the first line of the email, but when I try to view the message, I only see the Sender and Subject.... No body coming through from either Service. I have tried deleting the account and setting it up again with no results. Could really use some help or advice.

Thank you!!!
CooLOnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/05/2013, 11:07 AM   #160 (permalink)

I just went through all of these pages, however I don't think that I saw my issue. Over the last few weeks, my bluetooth will shut off, and only normal and speaker will work. I will try to turn it back on, and it will switch over again. It may take me a moment to realize that it has turned off, and the person on the phone may have hung up, not realizing that I'm still there. Is there an easy way to determine if it's the phone having the problem or the headset? I charged the headset last night, so I know it's not that, yet just this morning it switched itself off.

I don't suppose that there is a preware that will correct this, is there? I still have not learned how to use it, however this may be the incentive I need to finally try and figure it out.

Thanks...
mpcollins is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0