Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Camera bug - If i take a picture, delete it, take a new picture and press the thumbnail to view it, its the previous deleted picture.
    qbenguy likes this.
    Wont display caller ID and just shows unknown number even with contact with in my list. Switched back to Pre2 until this problem is fixed
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I've been using ATT Pre3 since December. Also noticed no caller ID . Ever. It displays number and S.Dakota (example)

Sent from HPTP Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    I've been using ATT Pre3 since December. Also noticed no caller ID . Ever. It displays number and S.Dakota (example)

I don't even get the number, Just Unknown Number for everybody but a few people, Seems very weird and I actually had to stop using the phone, Went back to Pre 2, But now am on android and i hate it, I want my damn Pre 3 back that I spend money on.

Caller ID is a deal breaker
    This bug ( caller ID ) is a bit weird, if I may comment about it. Up to now ( I may be anyway mistaken ) I think I've always got the caller id displayed for incoming calls from people in my phonebook.

Isn't that it's somehow related to some specific carrier, or some patch installed ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    Camera bug - If i take a picture, delete it, take a new picture and press the thumbnail to view it, its the previous deleted picture.
    I manage to reproduce this failure! Bad!
    And I get a new one. If you write to someone in the messaging app, and the message is quite big, as much as the whole screen, or nearly, at some points, if the last word on a line must be "undo auto-corrected" (what happens a lot if you are writing in a different language, lets say Portuguese), it just do not work. The last letter is deleted, and you get no original typed word. Weird.
    Dunno if it already came up here, but the luna-reboot issue is driving me mad. Bugfix on this would be nice.
    I think the bug itself is documented quite well.

Also there's that bug, which breaks the mobile hotspot app. Curiously, the mobile hotspot works with 2.2.0 but doesn't work with 2.2.4 anymore. Pre3 Wifi Fix doesn't change this. Freetether doen't work properly either (works sometimes, but if it works once you have to reboot the phone afterwards to make it work again).
    I mean, come on, the mobile hotspot app was a big show, when it came with the Pre-. Nowadays all phones have it and suddenly we don't have it anymore. That is a bit lame, don't you think?
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy1969 View Post
    Also there's that bug, which breaks the mobile hotspot app. Curiously, the mobile hotspot works with 2.2.0 but doesn't work with 2.2.4 anymore. Pre3 Wifi Fix doesn't change this. Freetether doen't work properly either (works sometimes, but if it works once you have to reboot the phone afterwards to make it work again).
    I'm running 2.2.4 on a Verizon Pre3, and have had no problems with Mobile Hotspot.

Please specify your carrier--that may be a clue. Other than that, I recommend looking at your list of patches and any apps that might affect the WiFi radio.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post

Verizon caller ID is working just fine for me.

All others having this problem: Are you also on AT&T? Also, report your webOS version so that we can see if there's a pattern there.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Pre³ (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Pre³ Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Did a doctor of 2.2.4 last night... most of my problems are gone. Random lags with web browser, audio skipping seems to have been significantly improved or eliminated.

Now on to the final test... see if audio randomly stops.

But by far... my Pre 3 has regained status as the best phone owned.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I take that back. Too many Cards came right back. I can only have the Music Player running and I can't launch anything else...
    OK, I did a bit more digging. It's the mediaserver process that has the memory leak. Going to do a bit more digging, but it seems like if I restart the mediaserver via SIGHUP it actually fixes it without rebooting.

Issue is you can't open any cards to access Xterm to kill...

Also not sure if this has something to do with it: /usr/bin/mediaserver is running with a --gst-debug=1 parameter.
    I have an ATT pre 3 with hotmail and Skype accounts for contacts. I have some problems however linking some contacts together. only on some contacts though, not all. I will enter the option to link the contact and in the contacts page it looks like they are linked but the bubble showing the number of linked contacts doesn't change, nor does the phones freeze either. Everything else works though, I can go back as if to close the contact page etc but the account just won't link. Anyone else experienced this?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Browser issue:
    This happens me a lot. When I tap on a textbox and start to write, first letter I wrote appears in both textbox and browser's address bar, and if I don't tap on textbox again, all the things I wrote will goes only to address bar. This thing is happening for not a particular website, as it seems to happen in all.
    What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by cagdasbas View Post
    Browser issue:
    This happens me a lot. When I tap on a textbox and start to write, first letter I wrote appears in both textbox and browser's address bar, and if I don't tap on textbox again, all the things I wrote will goes only to address bar. This thing is happening for not a particular website, as it seems to happen in all.
    What do you think?
    This happened to me a few times too but not that frequent as to start bugging me. But from now on I will start watching out for it, maybe I can find a pattern.

I encounter really frequently the empty page bug, when after loading a page in the browser while the card is in the background the page loads, but when I switch back to it, the content can be seen only for a fraction of a second, after that the page is cleared and I look at a white page. I have to hit reload and wait for the page to load to see the content. A few months ago I found something about this, but now I can't find it anymore.
    Btw: Pre3 2.2.4 German version.
    Quote Originally Posted by domkirby View Post
    Right I text heavily on my pre 3 and sometimes when I flip the screen down and back up soon after I can't press anything , I flip it back down lock and then it works sometimes, but not always.
    now it does this about 4-5 times a day and by the end it will never come back so I have to take the back off etc...
    All the hardware works well, I can still text when it does but can't change anything on the screen. Its almost like it has froze, but the keyboard works?. Makes me mad! Please help.
    dom
    This won't really help you, but only ease your pain.
    You can reset your Pre3 by holding the power button and flipping the mute switch on-off-on-off-on-off (so 3 times muting).
    At least the back won't get loose until we find some real solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyllatylla View Post
    This happened to me a few times too but not that frequent as to start bugging me. But from now on I will start watching out for it, maybe I can find a pattern.

I encounter really frequently the empty page bug, when after loading a page in the browser while the card is in the background the page loads, but when I switch back to it, the content can be seen only for a fraction of a second, after that the page is cleared and I look at a white page. I have to hit reload and wait for the page to load to see the content. A few months ago I found something about this, but now I can't find it anymore.
    Btw: Pre3 2.2.4 German version.
    Also have this (both the blank page and the "jump over to the top"). Quite bothering!
    Quote Originally Posted by maninwhitecoat View Post
    I have an ATT pre 3 with hotmail and Skype accounts for contacts. I have some problems however linking some contacts together. only on some contacts though, not all. I will enter the option to link the contact and in the contacts page it looks like they are linked but the bubble showing the number of linked contacts doesn't change, nor does the phones freeze either. Everything else works though, I can go back as if to close the contact page etc but the account just won't link. Anyone else experienced this?
    I also have this problem. Strange is that some hotmail will do link, but most not. I have Skype and other accounts on the hone.
    Sometimes SMS textmessages don't arrive. This only concerns some numbers of different providers. It can be reproduced at any time.

Some contacts can't be edited. I tried to add a number, tap "done" , go back into the contact and there is no number.

And of course the bloody reboots are driving me nuts...

All in all, Pre3 is not the best experience I ever had in the Palm world. It ranks rather on the other end of the rainbow ...
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast