Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pavejon View Post
    Is there a proximity sensor on the PRE 3?
    Yes, there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by dserodon View Post
    Getting information from the agenda, changing day or weeks is soooo slooooowwww.
    From Day to Week view10 seconds....
    From week display to any Day view 11 secondes....

Anybody having the same issue ?
    Absolutely.
    Day->Week 10 secs
    Week->Day 4-5 secs
    Day->Day 4-5 secs
    German Pre3 2.2.4 lots of patches and software. Always reproducible.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    I've had a problem with my Pre3 when copying MP3 files to it with a USB cable. A few files will be copied, but within a minute, Windows Explorer will pop-up an error dialog about the file that was being written not being accessible, and then any further browsing of the file structure on the device fails. When I disconnect the phone, the USB drive photo stays on the screen until I hold down the power button.
    I saw the same with my Pre3 2.2.0
    The only workaround I could find was to rate limit the copy operation. At around 1 MB/s the copy seemed stable, I could copy several GB of data. But if I removed the bandwidth limit, it got fed with data (like some cache would got filled) in about a minute or so, and from there I could recover only by removing USB cable, than waiting the phone to exit from USB mode and than replugging the cable and continue copying.
    I was using Servant Salamander to rate limit the copy.
    I didn't try with the new 2.2.4 version.
    Pre3's bluetooth audio will "stutter" or skip a beat when either the GPS is getting a fix or a data connection is initiated. (seems to be the latter but I can't be sure)
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    I have many saved bookmarks but they do not display when I open Bookmarks from the drop down menu in the browser. Every once in a while they will display, but 99.9% of the time they do not. HP tech support (US) says they are not trained on the Pre 3 so they cannot answer my question. they suggested contacting UK tech support. Anyone else have this problem/find a solution?
    I also have a problem entering text in fields. The "just type" box appears at the top of the page and will not let me enter text into the field in the page I am viewing. Happens sporadically and a reboot is usually required. Suggestions?
    Right I text heavily on my pre 3 and sometimes when I flip the screen down and back up soon after I can't press anything , I flip it back down lock and then it works sometimes, but not always.
    now it does this about 4-5 times a day and by the end it will never come back so I have to take the back off etc...
    All the hardware works well, I can still text when it does but can't change anything on the screen. Its almost like it has froze, but the keyboard works?. Makes me mad! Please help.
    dom
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    found a small bug...

my regional settings are all set to uk, including the short date format, but in exhibition, the date in the top bar is american format. (pre3, 2.2.4)
    Hi all

First of all Ive searched and have found similar threads/bug reports, but nothing exactly the same; apologies if ive missed something.

This happens nearly daily now and is very annoying. I start making a call, then realize that nothing is happening. When I glance at the phone, its dead and the only way to revive it is to take the battery out.

After boot, I have noticed that the Uberkernel profile has reverted to default, and there is no mention in call history of the call I was making when the phone died. The call definitely goes through up to a point as people call me back. Right when I make the call I see the usual pop up with the contact name and the connecting.

This has increased in frequency, has nothing to do with loose battery etc as its only during this scenario. I have never found my phone dead on the charger or randomly dead as was the case with my pre+
    I have also tried increasing the minimum frequency but still no difference.
    This is escalating to be a very annoying bug, especially since its quite difficult to remove the battery in the pre3.

On another matter, wifi browsing both with the patch and without is terrible. 3G browsing is fine.

Thanks ppl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Manic View Post
    Hi all

First of all Ive searched and have found similar threads/bug reports, but nothing exactly the same; apologies if ive missed something.

This happens nearly daily now and is very annoying. I start making a call, then realize that nothing is happening. When I glance at the phone, its dead and the only way to revive it is to take the battery out.

After boot, I have noticed that the Uberkernel profile has reverted to default, and there is no mention in call history of the call I was making when the phone died. The call definitely goes through up to a point as people call me back. Right when I make the call I see the usual pop up with the contact name and the connecting.

This has increased in frequency, has nothing to do with loose battery etc as its only during this scenario. I have never found my phone dead on the charger or randomly dead as was the case with my pre+
    I have also tried increasing the minimum frequency but still no difference.
    This is escalating to be a very annoying bug, especially since its quite difficult to remove the battery in the pre3.

On another matter, wifi browsing both with the patch and without is terrible. 3G browsing is fine.

Thanks ppl!
    it does sound like a hardware issue, have you tried doctoring and full-erasing your unit?
    it seems a problem in your baseband module, not cpu - so there's little chance that above will solve your issue' but worth a try.
    I havent yes as I agree with you.. lets see if other ppl have the issue.

I will try a doctor at some point and post.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    The issue had gotten so persistent and irritating that I ended up buying a replacement phone (Dell Venue Pro). I've since left the phone on and in my car for music. As insulting as that is in relation to how much I love the OS/Device, I've noticed that it hasn't frozen at all since I removed service from it (over a week ago). So at least for me, it's definitely related to when the phone is in service.

It is an ATT model that has been unlocked via some weird trickery using a non-ATT doctor image/baseband. I can't quite recall. I'm wondering if this may be the issue in this instance...

Whatever the case may be, I will happily go back to it and ditch the Venue Pro as soon as a known fix comes around. I just can't stand the phone freezing 4+ times a day. It normally wouldn't be an issue, but I only notice it when I need to use it, of course, haha.
    Mines an EU unlocked version, still going at it at least once a day. Never when receiving a call though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadVenom View Post
    Hi All,

my bug started as annoying but now it has upgraded to worrying.

It all has to do with the sensor that deactivates the TS when you bring the phone to your ear.

I am using an "qwerty" Pre3 on O2 UK and i first noticed the issue a few weeks back but thought it a one off but the occurance and severity of the issue has increased. Basically in the beginning the screen took about 3secs illuminate once away from my face but recently the phone has done a number of things:
    1. Restarted while ive been in a call
    2. The battery drained to 0% though it had charge
    3. Handset froze, had to do a battery pull

Holding down power button until reset options appear is the only way to get option to end call if caller at the other end doesnt.

In terms of replicating this error, not much has to be done, it happens when i am in the phone app. i have also ensured that the area the sensor is located is clear and obstruction free. I can also isolated that this is not caused by a patch because it happened before i installed any.

Does anyone else have this or a similar(though i hope not)?
    I have had the (fully charged) battery go to zero and the phone freeze on two occasions when removing the phone from the touchstone. In one case I had to pull the battery and wait maybe a half hour on the touchstone afterwards before the phone began to charge and booted. On the second occasion, an alarm seems to have woken it up and it immediately went back to normal with a full charge. Very mysterious.
    I am having an issue with my Verizon Pre 3 totally shutting down when using the camera app with the flash turned on. It will take a picture fine with the flash turned off, but as soon as you turn on the flash and snap a picture it will shutdown requiring either a battery pull or plugging the device in to force a boot.
    thank you all
    I noticed an issue with my mail account from work (MS Exchange)..
    Mail folders that were/are deleted in my Outlook account, are still present and visible in the folder tree of that account on my Pre3. These (Outlook deleted) folders look like orphaned sub-folders and there's no way to get rid of them.. I even tried to remove the account from the Pre, restart and re-added the account, but these 'ghost' folders keep coming back..
    According to the systems administrator the Exchange server is not to blame here, since the sync process works ok..
    Anybody has similar experiences and a possible solution?
    Thanks,
    I have a problem on my AT&T Pre3, 16 Gb, webOS 2.2.4. UberKernel-2.2.4-38
    When I cancel an incoming call by pressing on/off twice, the call cancels but I get an audible engaged signal from the speaker, even if the ringer switch is off.
    This is mostly annoying, as I will cancel calls when in a meeting, and the audible sound makes for an interruption.
    I have searched if others have observed this, or have a fix, but can't find a similar case.
    I recently re-doctored (two weeks ago), and the issue was present before and after.
    Palm IIIe -> SL-10 -> NX80 -> UX-50 -> TH-55 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre (Movistar) -> Pre 2 (GSM-US) -> Pre 3 (EU-GSM) -> Pre 3 (AT&T) + TP 32Gb
    OK , so i have been having this problem for a few days now. out of nowhere my touch screen will not work when my keyboard is out. If i close it i get nothing. If i hit the power button to turn the screen off then hit it again it goes to the lock screen. once there the touch screen works. Problem is then the keyboard is closed and i can't type. I have doctored and it still persists. I even battery pulled and held down the power button to release any extra charge in the phone. i have no idea what the issue is. The weird thing is sometimes it just works like nothing is wrong. When i say sometimes i mean like 4 times in the last 4 days.
    I've ran into 3 bugs so far after a week of using it daily, mainly deals with audio/music.

1. I was playing music in my car with the headphone jack, if you receive a bluetooth call and hang up, the audio only goes to the right channel. I had to take out the cable and reseat it for the quick fix.

2. After pulling disconnecting the aux/headphone cable, regular sounds do not work. Quick fix, turn to vibrate only and switch it back.

3. Sometimes the default media player freezes between songs. Either i have to skip the song and go back to it for it to actually play the frozen track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    I've ran into 3 bugs so far after a week of using it daily, mainly deals with audio/music.

2. After pulling disconnecting the aux/headphone cable, regular sounds do not work. Quick fix, turn to vibrate only and switch it back.
    This I also have. Indeed, it only happens some times, and specialy if you are listening to music and then get a call: The call do not work with the headphones (neither the music), you need to take the phones out, vibrate on/off, rings again and then it works.