Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    The load average bug seems to still exist in 2.2.4, BUT I do notice better battery life so far, and less lag. Google Talk bug still exist (occasionally it'll be stuck thinking it's still connected)
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  2. vao
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    1. Give a brief description of what happened.

Phone freezes in standby state.
    Display will not respond to any of the usual "wake" commands.
    Exactly the same for me
    I have Pre3 Germany/qwertz for one week. Be on web os 2.2.0. But i noticed when wifi turned off, its working ok, no "freeze". i have pre 3 sits next to wifi router.
    I stil have on palm.com/profile "WebOS Account Status: Pending Verification" because i dont have received any mail, even when i click resend verification /i am on hotmail btw/.
    Now i update to v224 and i dont know if its freezing again because i dont use pre 3 this time for very poor battery life /with litle bit use pre barely last one day/. Now without simcard inserted is sitting on my desk 3rd day turned on/wifi off with about 60 percent of batery and i have playing with him from time to time.
    When i v been on v220, i have installed preware, impostah and developer mode on. Not any other installed app.
    Quote Originally Posted by vao View Post
    Exactly the same for me
    I have Pre3 Germany/qwertz for one week. Be on web os 2.2.0. But i noticed when wifi turned off, its working ok, no "freeze". i have pre 3 sits next to wifi router.
    I stil have on palm.com/profile "WebOS Account Status: Pending Verification" because i dont have received any mail, even when i click resend verification /i am on hotmail btw/.
    Now i update to v224 and i dont know if its freezing again because i dont use pre 3 this time for very poor battery life /with litle bit use pre barely last one day/. Now without simcard inserted is sitting on my desk 3rd day turned on/wifi off with about 60 percent of batery and i have playing with him from time to time.
    When i v been on v220, i have installed preware, impostah and developer mode on. Not any other installed app.
    My QWERTZ Pre3 so far has none of these problems.
    With no data use my GF gets ca 5 days out of the battery.
    With my typical moderate to heavy use I get 1-1.5 days - sometimes less than a day when I have 3G running in a place with bad reception and perhaps left an app running needlessly.

* Do you have UMTS running all the time? Possibly with less than good reception?
    * How bright did you set your screen
    These are the 2 biggest battery drains (except for media heavy 3D games and such)

My webos is up-to-date (updated to 2.2.4 OTA).
    Haven't used UeberKernel on the Pre3 so far (it's plenty fast enough and only had 1 TMC during the last 3 months).
    I restart roughly once a week.

There are a few patches and apps that help manage power drain and speed.
    * DrBattery let's you monitor your battery health
    * Set screen brightness to minimum - that's plenty bright enough for indoor use - set higher when outside in sunlight
    * Data in Device Menu
    * Muffle System Logging
    * Quiet powerd Messages
    * Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    * Unthrottle Download Manager
    * Ad Blocker
    * Set mail polling to a reasonable interval

Managing to get through a day on the original Pre was a bit challenging. With the Pre3 I stopped worrying.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
  4. vao
    No i dont have umts. Screen brightness is set to about 30 percent. Battery is discharged very quickly even in standby. I try maybe a doctor and some of this patches.
    Last edited by vao; 12/29/2011 at 01:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vao View Post
    No i dont have umts. Screen brightness is set to about 30 percent. Battery is discharged very quickly even in standby. I try maybe a doctor and some of this patches. patches.
    Hi,

Could you check if there's a process using the cpu? If so, is it called endar.google.jsjsjs?

You can check it through "top", run from a console (xterm from the pre3, or through the pc using novaterm).

If it's that process who's eating cpu, check this post.
    Just wanted to report that since installing the "disable ambient light sensor patch" the problem I was having with the phone freezing up has gone away.

After a few days of running the phone with all of my usual patches plus the disable light sensor patch and finding it to be stable I decided to install uberkernel to solve the "too many cards" problem. (I also had this problem but did not consider it critical)

So now I'm not finding any critical issues with my Pre3. I know this is inconclusive, but I'm happy as the phone is working for me.

Nevermind. It just happened again.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Last edited by Davide-NYC; 12/30/2011 at 11:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Anyone else unable to scroll through notifications? I have an AT&T Pre3.
    We have MS Exchange 2003 and MS Office 2007.
    I have set my Pre3 to connect to our public ActiveSync frontend and syncronize all from my mailbox.
    When I have a new meeting, pre3 promptly alerts me to it.
    However, when I cancel a meeting using pre3, after sync it stays in the Calendar and both Outlook and pre3 still alert me to a meeting, with the title changed to :

"Cancelled: <meeting name>"

it is annoying and unexpected.

It thinks the meeting was modified in some funny way, but fails to recognize the cancellation and remove it.
    Last edited by cubeover; 01/03/2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Touchstone jumping bug seems to have been fixed in 2.2.4. I no longer get waken up in the middle of the night by my phone telling me it's charging.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I swap between two batteries it doesn't seem to make a difference. It also has happened when I use the cable only, although I was using the touchpad charger. Its definitely the heat. When running Govnah you can see that the warmer the phone gets, the lower the charging rate. If the phone is in the 30's or low 40's the charging rate is around 400+ mAh. When it heats up it lowers into the 100 range. Last few nights I'd wake up and look at the phone and see that its at 50 degrees. And for some reason the CPU wouldn't scale down, it stayed at 1.4 GHz. One method I've gotten the phone to fully charge is to force the CPU to run at 122MHz. **** then the phone is very sluggish and can miss phone calls and alarms.

I doctored my phone yesterday and the CPU seems to be properly scaling now and it charged to 100% last night. So I will keep an eye on it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    You're correct, it is the heat. I've been doing further testing with every combination possible between my two Pre 3s, two batteries, two touchstones, 3 chargers, and 3 cables. The issue occurring on only one of my phones before was just chance, I have now had the issue occur on both phones with every combination of charging accessories. Even charging by cable without a touchstone as you mentioned. The issue occurs more often with the touchstone purely because it causes more heat. I've had to stop using my touchstones now that it's the middle of summer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    Every few days my Pre 3 seems to just run out of memory. It happens when I leave it in standby mode with some stuff open. When I get back to it it won't let me open anything else, even if I have very little open. Twice it's even given me the TMC error after closing everything. Restarting fixes it for a while.
    AT&T 16GB Pre 3, webOS 2.2.3. I've tried Secure Full Erase and webOS Doctor which don't fix it.
    Update: It happens while I'm using it as well. Closing all cards doesn't free up memory. I've updated to webOS 2.2.4 and still get this. Occurs on two AT&T Pre 3s.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
    Update: It happens while I'm using it as well. Closing all cards doesn't free up memory. I've updated to webOS 2.2.4 and still get this. Occurs on two AT&T Pre 3s.
    EU Pre3 . OTA to 2.2.4

I don't have this issue (yet), and I tend to keep it without rebooting for as long as possible(1) (example, rebooted yesterday ... first time after the OTA, due to an issue with preware)

Note
    (1) : if I want something that needs to be rebooted constantly, I use a windows pc...
    Problem with the Pre3 browser.

I've posted about it in the Pre3 section, but nobody commented there... I don't know if this issue is related to 2.2.4 or if it was present also during 2.2.0 ( I didn't check before, simply ).

There are some websites where the browser is unable to correctly navigate in the pages, with this I mean that it's unable to use some graphic images in those cases, to open other subpages.

example (aka where I found the issue) : ts1.travian.com (or anyway, any server of that online game). Once logged, you can click on links, and those work. changing village views, also works.

but if you click on a building, nothing happens (while instead it should open a different page giving options to do things)

I know that this is a (stupid) game, but my point is that the browser has a serious fault, and if there's 1 website that doesn't work correctly, surely there are more.

2nd issue : when reproducing streaming videos (not youtube, but on other sites like dailymotion), the control on the video doesn't allow to go fullscreen (if you press on fullscreen, nothing happens).
    Found a terrible bug

I had my App Catalog registered as Germany (DE) so I can pay for apps with my credit card (which isn't US). But after upgrading to 2.2.4, it has set the App Catalog to US.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    The load average bug seems to still exist in 2.2.4, BUT I do notice better battery life so far, and less lag. Google Talk bug still exist (occasionally it'll be stuck thinking it's still connected)
    You're the first/only person in this thread to mention the "load average" bug. I'm seeing a very high load average on my Pre3 running webOS 2.2.4 (Hovers between 8 and 10 at idle) which is incredinly high. My Pre- and Pre2 and TouchPad all generally stay at or below 1.00 unless I'm running something on them.

Is there a solution for this issue? It's causing my battery to drain quickly, even in Airplane Mode.

-Jeremy
    My ATT pre3 2.2.4 on Telstra also goes offline without me noticing it. Calls don't come through, messages do not reach me. The network indicator still shows 5 bars. Switching to airplane mode and back helps. This seems to be a modem firmware/carrier bug.
    Telstra uses Ericsson for NextG (3G) network equipment.
    Pretty bad.
    Last edited by cubeover; 01/10/2012 at 06:42 PM.
    I haven't seen a resolution to the Text Assist bug mentioned here yet.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I have some audio bugs,

First there is a general cracking sound sometimes when another app is being opened or used whilst music is playing.

When answering a phone call whilst listening to music, after the call the volume will have decreased greatly even if it says its on full volume, and this will fix either with tinkering with touchvol or a reset.
    Noticed a screen orientation problem. Some apps "remember" old screen orientation, and when I launch them, they show upside down. Why not ask the system or Launcher before rendering?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Yesterday while on the phone the call was disconnected (total of 3 times in 10 minutes). It seemed if I pressed the phone against my ear too hard it disonnects. Is there a proximity sensor on the PRE 3?