Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 195
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #41  
    Many times when I use the phone the proximity sensor doesn't turn the screen off and I end up launching the device menu or hitting other buttons on the top of the screen.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  2. #42  
    My Pre3 is sometimes very unresponsive to minimize cards. When I tap the gesture area, the lightbar lights up, but nothing else happens. So at least one part of the phone knows I have tapped to minimize, but for some reason can't follow up with a card view.
  3. Ziplock's Avatar
    Posts
    243 Posts
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    #43  
    Is the sms bug that plagues the pre 2 on the pre 3?? where you will random stop getting text notif and the only way to resolve it is to do a phone restart. That is the only bug that is making me not want my pre2 anymore.
  4. #44  
    Occasionally I would notice Google Talk would get stuck after losing signal, and it appears "online" (i.e. I see contacts online) but reality it isn't. If I then go to put my phone in Airplane mode, it'll go "offline", but after I go back online with a signal, only Skype logs on, no matter how many times I try to put my phone online. Only way to fix it is reboot the phone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  5. #45  
    Hey Guys, Ill get right to it:
    There is two things and I'm not sure if they are connected.

    So here is the situation: After everey reboot the background changes to a blank background, which seems like theres a problem because when I turn on the screen after rebooting it shows the last screen I had before rebooting in the unlocking screen. Also after every reboot the Time Format changes from 24h format to 12h format. If I check the Clock App it is still set up on 24h format but under the format pciker there is this field with the current time and there it says ....AM/PM. I have to fix it by switching it to 12h format and then back.
    These issues came up a while after I bought.. about a few weeks. I thought it may have to do with themes I tried to install but there are none for 2.x yet so I uninstalled them again. I looked over my Patches and Apps but I cant think of an app that could be affecting this.
    I already searched the internet and there seems to be something kinda similar to this that happened to the Pre/Pre+ but the solution there wasnt applicable.

    Any1 has a idea ?

    First I thought it could be related to modeswitcher but the developer told me that cant be.

    Thx in advance guys
  6. #46  
    I still get this with my pre3, anyone know of any fixes for it?
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziplock View Post
    Is the sms bug that plagues the pre 2 on the pre 3?? where you will random stop getting text notif and the only way to resolve it is to do a phone restart. That is the only bug that is making me not want my pre2 anymore.
    I did notice that on my pre2. Always seemed to be toward the end of the month for me. Maybe the phone was just PMSing. And it was always the most important messages ever I would miss. Pre3 doesnt do that. And the Pre3 doesnt get hung up like the Pre2 when sending SMS either.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    I did notice that on my pre2. Always seemed to be toward the end of the month for me. Maybe the phone was just PMSing. And it was always the most important messages ever I would miss. Pre3 doesnt do that. And the Pre3 doesnt get hung up like the Pre2 when sending SMS either.
    i've had to do it increasingly... wonder if it's a problem with patches...but i don;t think so as it's been occuring ever since i bought this pre3...
  9. #49  
    works sometime and closes automatically.. uk unlocked version pre3 taken. webos doctor runs twice with big usb icon.. but it is always restarts..stays for sometime and..restarts..daily battery goes. camera or video..any application not running properly..camera starts and goes off to restarts..i am getting bored with it..no customer care is helping.. now i am in india.. i may throw it to dustbin asap..i thought it was the problem of ram..please help..
  10. #50  
    My Pre 3 won't keep contact pics synced from Google. I spent several hours assigning every contact of mine a profile pic on Google Contacts and at first they synced perfectly. After a reboot only a few of them show up with the rest displaying as an empty box. It's not the no contact picture box but instead is a clear empty box.

    I have deleted and readded the account (and all my accounts) several times, done several reboots and even used WebOS Doctor to wipe the phone. I can't get the contact pics to stay on my phone.

    I'm pretty sure it's a bug in WebOS 2.2.3 as the pics sync perfectly onto my TouchPad without issue. I'm really hoping HP releases at least one more WebOS update for the Pre 3 to fix this as it annoys me just enough to keep me from using this as my primary phone.
    Last edited by cbosdell; 10/28/2011 at 04:17 PM.
  11. #51  
    1) my pre 3 no longer charges from USB. via computer. screen goes black, then i get visual static, then freezes, until i unplug it. it unlocks after about 10-15 seconds.

    2) sometimes my pre 3 completely bypasses the lock screen and goes straight to home when i press the sleep/wake button. thats not really a problem since its nearly impossible to pocket dial by accident with this phone, and i assume that is what the lock screen was made to prevent. just a minor annoyance.

    3) i often have to slide the kb open a few times before it wakes. and sometimes it wakes after sliding open, but the light is on.
  12. #52  
    Don’t know if this is a bug or just an issue with/without a solution: My multiple email accounts will update and load headers, but won't download the email bodies/contents. When I click on one, it opens but where the body should be it just says "Retrieving email text...", then it will time out and say "Unable to download message" with a "Retry" button.

    It is an AT&T Pre 3, (Pre 3 for ATT. Build ATT.166.2207, webOS 2.2.3 -- received OTA update to that on 2nd or 3rd day) running on AT&T, and before updating the IMEI in their system from my Pre Plus it worked great – email and all. That was for the first two weeks, but without the IMEI being updated I could only get 3G not the HSPA+ that the Pre 3 is capable of. So I called AT&T to update the IMEI in their system and immediately got the H+ and all seemed well . Then a few hours later I realized I couldn’t download the body of emails from gmail or yahoo, though my Exchange mail was working. Everything else was fine, internet, synergy, etc. But then the next day not even Exchange mail would download the text, giving the same error and timeout.

    I call AT&T, spend time troubleshooting and get transferred to Tier 2 support. Tech can’t see why it’s not working, or why that change would have had that impact, and suggest wiping it and starting over, to see if that resolves it, or calling HP (which I’ve done to see if they’ve seen this bug – but they don’t support it since it was never officially released!! Great.). SO, I do blow it out and start over, doing Full Erase. And it WORKED… but only for 2 days, then the same thing happened – email bodies won’t download. And rather than go through the rebuild all over again for it to only last a day or two, I thought I’d see if anyone had seen this and had a solution. I’m thinking I will doctor it and totally restore it new, then only patch minimally (battery symbol/% kinda things).

    Anyone have any insight?
    Last edited by pbgiv; 10/29/2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: additional build number data added
  13. #53  
    Getting information from the agenda, changing day or weeks is soooo slooooowwww.
    From Day to Week view10 seconds....
    From week display to any Day view 11 secondes....

    Anybody having the same issue ?
  14. Lemstil's Avatar
    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    #54  
    Some minor issues:
    • Email app sometimes opens with all folders minimized and folders or swipedown menu won't open, either. Closing the app and launching again and - now Favourites folder opens as it should've in the first place, as well as the menu.
    • Web browser sometimes opens blank, no bookmark icons and swipedown menu won't open. The same procedure as above does the trick. Relaunching the browser makes the icons visible.
    • In exhibition mode there is a strange stripe at the bottom of the screen. Looks like corresponding section of browser's screen. Most of the times it shows "Tap to make emergency call". That's what it should be, right?
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by dserodon View Post
    Getting information from the agenda, changing day or weeks is soooo slooooowwww.
    From Day to Week view10 seconds....
    From week display to any Day view 11 secondes....

    Anybody having the same issue ?
    +1
  16. #56  
    Phone only charges to about 70% over the last few nights because it got so warm on the touchstone. Removing it from the touchstone and letting it cool down for a few minutes let it continue charging and reach 100%. Quite annoying.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  17. #57  
    Hi Guys,
    I've spent roughly 10hrs over 2 nights trying to figure this out and read as much as i can find with still no ideas so in desperation I'm gonna explain in detail whats wrong with my lovely awesome Pre 3.

    After activating and setting up the Pre 3 with a new HP webOS account, I managed to plug the usb into laptop and after some driver installing, I got device into USB mode and found on devices list on PC. Transferred a few songs and ringtones.
    Tested and worked fine on device.
    Connected usb again but didn't change anything. - Entering USB mode and connecting to Laptop always seem a bit dodgy and it would drop out a couple times before getting a secure connection.

    Wanted to install Preware and also try out webOS doctor. Didn't get to because...

    Next time plugged usb cable in, No option to either 'just charge' or 'USB mode'.
    went straight to notification of 'Charging Battery'

    Now, everytime since, I have plugged usb cable to laptop it just says 'Charging Battery'
    I have not seen the choice for USB mode since.

    Can't bloody do anything to get usb back!

    I have done:
    Restarted and reset device countless times. Every different method i can think of.
    Restarted Laptop.
    Restarted then also Uninstalled novacomd, and other drivers.
    Installed them again via webOS doctor and webOS Quick Install.
    Full resets of device.

    Managed to get onto HP webOS Live chat help and spoke with 'Mandy' in UK. it was friday but she got me to try few things I'd mostly done. Took 3 Hrs then said we'll need to send in for repairs. Oh, But you Cant... until you move back to the UK..

    Tried plugging device into fresh PCs. No reaction from PC, device straight to 'charging battery'

    I can get device into USB mode by holding down volume up button when off, then powering up with volume button pressed. USB symbol on screen.
    BUT, even then I plug into laptop and no response from Laptop. even with webOS Doctor running on laptop waiting for device!
    Also tried this trick with webOS QI running. And in Developer mode! No result.

    I'm running out of ideas... I haven't tried a different usb cable but I've been using the one i got with the device very gently for only a week. I dont have another to try.

    I'm in Western Australia. Activated Pre 3 with Optus GSM sim.
    Had everything else running sweet. no paid apps due to no EU credit card yet.

    my Pre 3 has forgotten it can connect to a PC and go into 'usb mode'
    PC cant find any devices connected..

    Please awesome people, help me fix my Pre.. look forward to ideas.

    cheers!
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemstil View Post
    Some minor issues:
    • ...
    • Web browser sometimes opens blank, no bookmark icons and swipedown menu won't open. The same procedure as above does the trick. Relaunching the browser makes the icons visible.
      ...
    There is a patch that may fix this. Check Preware.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bad Monster Benn View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I've spent roughly 10hrs over 2 nights trying to figure this out and read as much as i can find with still no ideas so in desperation I'm gonna explain in detail whats wrong with my lovely awesome Pre 3.

    After activating and setting up the Pre 3 with a new HP webOS account, I managed to plug the usb into laptop and after some driver installing, I got device into USB mode and found on devices list on PC. Transferred a few songs and ringtones.
    Tested and worked fine on device.
    Connected usb again but didn't change anything. - Entering USB mode and connecting to Laptop always seem a bit dodgy and it would drop out a couple times before getting a secure connection.

    Wanted to install Preware and also try out webOS doctor. Didn't get to because...

    Next time plugged usb cable in, No option to either 'just charge' or 'USB mode'.
    went straight to notification of 'Charging Battery'

    Now, everytime since, I have plugged usb cable to laptop it just says 'Charging Battery'
    I have not seen the choice for USB mode since.

    Can't bloody do anything to get usb back!

    I have done:
    Restarted and reset device countless times. Every different method i can think of.
    Restarted Laptop.
    Restarted then also Uninstalled novacomd, and other drivers.
    Installed them again via webOS doctor and webOS Quick Install.
    Full resets of device.

    Managed to get onto HP webOS Live chat help and spoke with 'Mandy' in UK. it was friday but she got me to try few things I'd mostly done. Took 3 Hrs then said we'll need to send in for repairs. Oh, But you Cant... until you move back to the UK..

    Tried plugging device into fresh PCs. No reaction from PC, device straight to 'charging battery'

    I can get device into USB mode by holding down volume up button when off, then powering up with volume button pressed. USB symbol on screen.
    BUT, even then I plug into laptop and no response from Laptop. even with webOS Doctor running on laptop waiting for device!
    Also tried this trick with webOS QI running. And in Developer mode! No result.

    I'm running out of ideas... I haven't tried a different usb cable but I've been using the one i got with the device very gently for only a week. I dont have another to try.

    I'm in Western Australia. Activated Pre 3 with Optus GSM sim.
    Had everything else running sweet. no paid apps due to no EU credit card yet.

    my Pre 3 has forgotten it can connect to a PC and go into 'usb mode'
    PC cant find any devices connected..

    Please awesome people, help me fix my Pre.. look forward to ideas.

    cheers!
    SYM+GRAY KEY+U forces usb mode
  20. #60  
    I have an unlocked AT&T Pre 3 2.2.0 running on the Bell Canada and when I dial numbers in my phone book that have added extensions using the original Pre minus configuration (999-999-9999 p123) the Pre3 now sees the p as a pause rather than a hold to enter. how should this be changed so that the extension number shows on the touch screen and can be entered if needed?

    I often call offices both during the day when there is a receptionist and in the evening when I need to enter the extension number and the original pre system of using p and t worked great. Currently, I have inadvertently called two offices and had the extension number beep in the receptionists ear as it dialled it automatically.

    Pre minus saw p as a pause and hold and t as a pause for several seconds.

    Not looking forward to editting all of my contacts in my phone to change extensions
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions