Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pretoo View Post
    Hi,
    I've experienced a bug related with contacts numbers.
    First ALL my Contacts was in international format (+48 in my case)due to bug with no name/only number showing when recieved calls (I didn't experienced such bug -> see below), everything was fine till one day. When I've tried to make a call I couldn't (No such number info).
    I've tried to call manually without international code (+48) & it worked. Even received call showed Name instead of buggy 'number only'.

But:

When I try to send a SMS via Messaging app -> Search for Contact -> write -> Send I realized that doesn't work becouse my Pre3 try to put (infront of number of Contact I want to text)strange +0

I has to sent it via Contacts app -> Mobile number (messaging icon).
    When I add an international code Message -> Search -> Send works great.

BTW: UK Pre3 before update to webOS 2.2-b.3171 (i think 3165).
    After Update -> the same situation.
    Issue with dialing with country code and auto appending of +0 by Pre3 to sms numbers is also sorted after chat with Palm Care. Steps below:
    - Go to phone app > tap on top left corner of screen > tap "preferences & accounts" > switch off "international dialing" option. Now you do not need to put 0 or country code while dialing out a local number nor would your phone append +0 to outgoing sms numbers
    After Update Bings Map on my Pre 3 , i see no more icon of this app .
    I used Pre 2 UK version before, now switched to AT & T Pre 3.

Issue I face: I cant reorder Phone Contact in the Favorite Page under Phone Application.
    I've very sure this can be done on Pre 2..

Anyone got this issue?
    My maps icon has disappeared with the most recent Bing Maps update.
    The notification light flashes occasionally when playing games (i.e. Angry Birds Seasons)
    Pre 3 & TouchPad. Flying in the face of the jesusPhone!
    My battery only charges to 69% on the Touchstone. If I remove the Pre3 from the TS and put it back on it will complete the charge.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by snorri788 View Post
    My maps icon has disappeared with the most recent Bing Maps update.
    The notification light flashes occasionally when playing games (i.e. Angry Birds Seasons)
    +1
    Im still in the process of discovering which patch but....
    My pre3 is connected to my cars bluetooth stereo and playing a podcast via PodFrenzy. If an SMS comes through it will disconnect the bluetooth connection for a few seconds then reconnect.
    I have tried this with a patch free Pre3 and it doesn't happen.
    I think it has something to do with one of the Advanced System Prefs patches as i had these installed before but since removing some of them the problem has stopped. Will keep re-adding patches one at a time and see if I can reproduce it again.
    This has happened on two Pre3's with the same set of patches installed and not on either Pre3 with no patches, so I'm pretty sure its a patch problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by nova_ck View Post
    After Update Bings Map on my Pre 3 , i see no more icon of this app .
    Have look here:
    Bing Maps icon
    I've had a problem with my Pre3 when copying MP3 files to it with a USB cable. A few files will be copied, but within a minute, Windows Explorer will pop-up an error dialog about the file that was being written not being accessible, and then any further browsing of the file structure on the device fails. When I disconnect the phone, the USB drive photo stays on the screen until I hold down the power button.
    I have an AT&T Pre 3 with HP webOS 2.2.3.

I cannot rearrange the order of contacts on the favorite (Star) view. Hold and drag does not work.

I have tried adding and deleting but it seems to put them in its own order, not alphabetical or numerical (phone #) order or order of being added.

I have tried multiple luna and device resets with no success.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Hello, I have a US (AT&T-locked) Pre 3 and am unable to connect to any closed WiFi networks at all - WPA or WPA2 (I have not tried WEP). I did download the latest update available (a 23MB update that took about 45min to install) over cellular data.

However, when I try to connect to any WiFi network, I am prompted for the network password and then I get an error that reads "Unable to connect. Try again." in red. Trying again results in the same error. I get this error regardless of whether I enter the correct password or an incorrect one. This seems to suggest the phone is not even trying to connect to the network before it errors out.

Can anyone please help me?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vnangia View Post
    Further details: if I skip activation using #*DEVMODE#, enable developer mode and let it restart, then when I try to connect to a network, in addition to getting the "Unable to connect. Try again." error, it also says "Association Failed" as a subtitle to the network I tried to connect to, in the "Choose a Network" list.
    Signing into a Google Account for either Messaging / Calendar, fails when the password contains special characters (not all, but for certain chars/combos).

Thread discussing this problem in detail (though it is for TouchPad):
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...own-error.html

My observation:
    Looking at the application code, reveals that a Regular Expression object is created with our account password, which errors out, if certain combinations of special characters are present in it. Mine had two consecutive * in it.

To see if your password would create a problem, please go to this webpage:

JavaScript RegExp Example: Online Regular Expression Tester

In the box labeled 'Regexp', type your password followed by the '|' symbol and again your password. For eg., if your password is cr**it, type "cr**it|cr**it" (without the quotes) in that box.

If you hit on 'Test Match' button and if you see an alert 'Successful match' or 'No match', then your password is fine and should work with webOS.

If you don't see any alert, then you know there is a problem. If you are using Chrome, at this juncture, you can launch the Javascript console (Ctrl+Shift+J in Windows) and see the error message thrown by the page. The same error occurs in webOS code as well.

Till there is a fix available for this, you can use this method to create a strong password (with special characters) that doesn't error out.
    Hi All,

my bug started as annoying but now it has upgraded to worrying.

It all has to do with the sensor that deactivates the TS when you bring the phone to your ear.

I am using an "qwerty" Pre3 on O2 UK and i first noticed the issue a few weeks back but thought it a one off but the occurance and severity of the issue has increased. Basically in the beginning the screen took about 3secs illuminate once away from my face but recently the phone has done a number of things:
    1. Restarted while ive been in a call
    2. The battery drained to 0% though it had charge
    3. Handset froze, had to do a battery pull

Holding down power button until reset options appear is the only way to get option to end call if caller at the other end doesnt.

In terms of replicating this error, not much has to be done, it happens when i am in the phone app. i have also ensured that the area the sensor is located is clear and obstruction free. I can also isolated that this is not caused by a patch because it happened before i installed any.

Does anyone else have this or a similar(though i hope not)?
    Quote Originally Posted by chagexaska View Post
    I used Pre 2 UK version before, now switched to AT & T Pre 3.

Issue I face: I cant reorder Phone Contact in the Favorite Page under Phone Application.
    I've very sure this can be done on Pre 2..

Anyone got this issue?
    Yes, I have this issue and posted over in WebOS forum with no suggestions on a work around.
    AT&T Pre3 here. I've noticed annoying orientation changes especially on web browser.

When I walk around with my phone and I load a webpage, especially larger ones, I will hold it in my hand and walk with it. Then after some time when I look at the screen, I see the webpage seemingly "remember" all the orientation changes, and will for a few seconds rotate from portrait to landscape and even upside down back and forth a few times until it settles on the current orientation.

This has never occured on the Pre2 or the Pre Plus that I have had.
    I can't seem to be able to connect to exchange at all. I have ATT Pre3 unlocked. Have tried doctoring it many times, have att.tar replaced with the UK version (fixed Skype issue and got rid of ATT bloatware) and exchange is still not working. It gives me "user name or password is incorrect".

everything else seems to works fine at this point except for the exchange connection. It could be the same issue as others are having with encrypted email connection.
    I have a meeting in my calendar. When the reminder popped up, I open the meeting and click on the phone number in the body of the reminder.

A dialler opens but no number is dialled.

Tap-hold, select "Call" same result.
    the Annoying alarm alarm clock from the previous models seems still to rear its ugly head - has there been any fix to this yet as I've not found anything to relyingly stop the alarm not sounding bug?
    I personally can't stand the Mojo notification icons not displaying bug. I mean, I don't actually know it's a bug, but it has to be, right? Nobody in their right mind would do this by design, would they?
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast