Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    All you ATT Pre3 owners out there, Skype is now downloadable in the App Catalog. Enjoy!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Rnp and sanaking like this.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Wow thats awesome! Too bad you had done all that research and work already!
    thanks!
    Soorma likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Since I already doctored my Pre3, be sure to tell me how well this version works! Have a great night.
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    anyone else getting unknown error when trying to log in?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    can't see it in the Aus app catalog
    is there a veer version? or with enyo framework ported over to veer could we run it?
    What is the app id of skype? maybe it's possible to install it to other devices with Impostah
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    What is the app id of skype? maybe it's possible to install it to other devices with Impostah
    this. or a link to the app please ;D

is this app free?
    On my phone impostah says "com.palm.app.skype" (and "system installed"). But it's a german Pre3, whatever that means in terms of software version...
    german pre3 have skype preloaded.
    To answer further questions: i've tried to package and install it on the pre- with no luck
    Last edited by ahsirg; 09/20/2011 at 04:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    So one less reason to "impersonate," eh?
    Still one needs a Doctor...
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Although I have the UK Pre3 and thus Skype is already included, should I not still be able to see the Skype app in the 'app catalog'? I have access to the US app catalog.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    No sign of Skype in the PrPrPr$3$ $UK$ $catalog$ $yet$... $However$, $since$ $Skyping$ $is$ $integrated$ $in$ $the$ $Message$ $app$, $why$ $would$ $you$ $need$ $Skype$?
    It's only integrated on the europe devices. With webOs 2.x apps can integrate seamlessly into messaging (this is called "synergy plugins"), that's what the palm skype app (and also the facebook app) does. So it's theoretically possible to install the skype app on "any" webOs 2.x device.

From my perspective the problem could be packaging the app... but maybe there are special things build into the system for skype.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Has anyone installed on an AT&T pre3 yet?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I have a UK Pre 3 on T-mobile here in the US and Skype just works as a calling option. This includes video calling; (though I can send video, I have not yet successfully received video: it's just a black image). A Skype account has to be added in Accounts and there have to be Skype addresses in Contacts.
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I installed it on my ATT pre3 and it winds up integrating the same as my UK pre3. I'm guessing it was not on there by default because ATT wouldn't allow it, but, since these aren't ATT's phones, HP put it in the catalog.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    german pre3 have skype preloaded.
    To answer further questions: i've tried to package and install it on the pre- with no luck
    dose your Pre - have WebOS 2.1?
    I will got soon Palm Pre Plus with webOS 2.1 and if Skype works then i will say goodbye to my iPhone and sell it ...

anybody success to install skype on webos 2.1?
    yes, my pre- has webos 2.1.0
    also I just got a new pre2, so will be testing on that one

Mize, could you please say the app id of skype you have downloaded? com.palm.skype? or smth else?
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast