Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    I have an at&t Pre3 activated with a at&t sim card and I got Skype from the App Catalog with no issues. The only problem I got is that Skype eats my battery like crazy. I can probably get only 2 hours just for having it connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbashizi View Post
    Is your Pre 3 locked or unlocked? It's starting to look like that might be the difference.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    My Pre 3 is unlocked and I unlocked with t-mobile SIM and unlock code.
    did you try the root install method.

i got skype before unlocking. i wonder if i will lose access to skype from the app cat if do a complete wipe. wifes got my pre 3 right now and wont be able to check to see if it still comes up in the app cat after unlocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    did you try the root install method.

i got skype before unlocking. i wonder if i will lose access to skype from the app cat if do a complete wipe. wifes got my pre 3 right now and wont be able to check to see if it still comes up in the app cat after unlocking.
    Never tried the root install 'cos I don't know where to get the ipk file. I wish someone will just post a copy of the veer or verizon file somewhere so I can try.

I think I should have just used my ATT SIM to activate phone before and gotten skype, then unlock. Wifes got your phone....how many wifes

I'm about to give up on skype.....
    I'm in Singapore using an unlocked AT&T Pre3. I managed to download it from the US App Catalog and installed it with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by br0kenneckbrace View Post
    I'm in Singapore using an unlocked AT&T Pre3. I managed to download it from the US App Catalog and installed it with no problems.
    Wow... Who is your provider again? What version of the rom are you using?

so this cannot work at all on a pre- running 2.1.has anyone tried the ipk?
    Quote Originally Posted by gameoffuture View Post
    Wow... Who is your provider again? What version of the rom are you using?
    I'm on Singtel, using the AT&T webOS 2.2.3 rom
    (phone came with 2.2.0 -- I used Impostah to activate US App Catalog, and then doctored to 2.2.3 before restoring my profile)
    i got my pre 3 (US model) yesterday and activated with my at&t sim. than i was able to download skype from app catalog, later i swapped my sim card with another card to unlock it. so far so good, no problem at all.
    My problem is resolved.

There is another thread in this forum titled "installing skype on ATT pre 3". There is a post in there by 370gt that involves using 7zip to replace att.tar file inside the doctor image with the one from the UK version.

It not only got rid of the AT&T (useless to me) software, but it also fixed a few other things such as issues I was having with sending emails.

I've tried this solution described in first post of this thread. No success. Do you know sources of these doctor files for UK or maybe for Germany as well?
    Regards,
    Krecony
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Has anyone in Canada been able to download Skype from the App Catalog?
    WARNING:
    Members:
    Please remember - posting links to illegal copies of software is not allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    Nope.

But...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...t-pre-3-a.html

Worked for me.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdram View Post
    I have a ATT Pre3 unlocked and using it with Rogers. Once I modified the Doctor image and Removed AT&T stuff from there Skype just showed up on its own. I can make calls through Rogers or Skype. I can also chat over Skype, so yes I have it working, but never had to download it from the catalog, it just got it on it's own.
    Quote Originally Posted by everythingsablur View Post
    I used method mentioned in post #14 under this thread by the way, not root installing.
    Quote Originally Posted by gameoffuture View Post
    I used method mentioned in post #14 under this thread by the way, not root installing.
    Good for you.

In that post #14. how did you understand step 5
    (Run the doctor like normal (boot holding r key))

Thanks for your help
    Best Regards
    JCT
    Last edited by JCTerrier; 10/21/2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: more precision
    wow guys, its just skype. i understand the importance of video to video messages, and video calls, but seriously, is this really that big of a deal? I get it, military to wife, and bf to gf and sexskypeing but for real. sit at your computer, which apparently all of you have, and use skype. holy moly.

personally IF it was available, i would download it, but unless im in the app cataloge and see skype, im not downloading it.. i would get it for the "i have skype on my phone" effect only.. or to skype my exgirlfriend so i can see her ta-ta's

guess its that important for some of you to see your ex's ta-ta's lol

UNLESS there is a REALLY SIMPLE way to do it, like how simple webos doctor is, her ta-ta's will be forever imprinted in my memory =P
    Last edited by cyph911x; 10/21/2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: new information added
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyph911x View Post
    wow guys, its just skype. i understand the importance of video to video messages, and video calls, but seriously, is this really that big of a deal? I get it, military to wife, and bf to gf and sexskypeing but for real. sit at your computer, which apparently all of you have, and use skype. holy moly.

personally IF it was available, i would download it, but unless im in the app cataloge and see skype, im not downloading it.. i would get it for the "i have skype on my phone" effect only.. or to skype my exgirlfriend so i can see her ta-ta's

guess its that important for some of you to see your ex's ta-ta's lol

UNLESS there is a REALLY SIMPLE way to do it, like how simple webos doctor is, her ta-ta's will be forever imprinted in my memory =P
    No need to get rude. Everyone has their needs, even if they are different than your's.

Honestly, it is extremely simple to get Skype installed.

1) download the EU or Verizon doctor
    2) open it with a ZIP program
    3) extract wr.tar (from the EU doctor, unsure of VZW)
    4) extract the skype ipk
    5) plug in your Pre 3 and enable USB
    6) copy it over
    7) load WOSQI and go to command line
    8) type in the installer command
    9) reboot.

Simple. Took all of 5 minutes.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Oh, i wasnt getting rude, sorry if i came off that way, i was joking around .. .. notice the "ex's Ta-Ta's" portions of my last post =)
    Nokia 3210 > TRACPHONE? > SAMSUNG E330 > HTC DASH > LG VX8350 > PALM PRE+ > HP PRE3 VZW

Yes, the HP PRE 3 is amazing, Yes its fast, Yes it was a dumb move for HP to cancel it, YES its worth the price, If you have been reading this so far, you should have one sitting on your computer desk next to you, smiling. Enjoying the best purchase ever.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast