Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    i downloaded skype from the app catalog, signed in to my account and everything works. from what i can tell is that it you will get the error if your signed in already. go to messaging and check to see if your status is availabe, sign out and then you can sign into your skype acct.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I'm tying to use Skype on an AT&T unlocked Pre 3, and can't seem to connect to the service. I've tried all of the above, to no avail. My Skype contacts are not showing up in Contacts, or as Buddies. When I try to add a buddy, the search does not work. In the Contacts application, should there be a field for Skype name? Maybe it installed incorrectly. I guess I'll try and un-install re-install.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    The error I'm getting when I try to connect is "Can't connect. Not Logged in" and yet I am logged in.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    OK..Did complete uninstall and reinstall and now everything works. Tip: After uninstalling Skype, also remove the Skype profile completely. Then reinstall.
    Last edited by iradeut; 10/02/2011 at 09:12 PM.
    It really is in the app catalog! Wow..
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...palm.app.skype

As mentioned, 2.2 required. I wonder if an impostah install could handle that dependency too.. if I didn't have a VzPre2 i'd try this.. (I assume it'll mess up my non-wifi skype, hrmm..)
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Ok, tried the link above directly, and the error message is that the app is not available for my carrier, so it seems like it's because I have a t-mobile SIM in my ATT Pre 3 at the moment that I can't download Skype. I'll try an ATT SIM tomorrow, and a side load if that doesn't work. I'll post back results.
    Quote Originally Posted by iradeut View Post
    OK..Did complete uninstall and renstall and now everything works. Tip: After uninstalling Skype, also remove the Skype profile completely. The reinstall.
    I just removed and deleted my profile and resigned in. Didn't uninstall the app itself. It started working for me too.

So annoying.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Will this work when I get my Pre 3 (AT&T) and use it in Australia? What's the easiest way to get the Skype file?
    Quote Originally Posted by Liski View Post
    Will this work when I get my Pre 3 (AT&T) and use it in Australia? What's the easiest way to get the Skype file?
    Same question for us kiwi's.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Can anyone PM me a link of the file to download?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbashizi View Post
    Ok, tried the link above directly, and the error message is that the app is not available for my carrier, so it seems like it's because I have a t-mobile SIM in my ATT Pre 3 at the moment that I can't download Skype. I'll try an ATT SIM tomorrow, and a side load if that doesn't work. I'll post back results.
    Same here with a Bell SIM.

Says on the page though,
    Supported Carriers: AT&T, O2 Germany, O2 Ireland, O2 UK, Rogers Wireless, SFR, Sprint, Verizon Wireless
    Let me find someone with a Rogers SIM and try again.

Also interesting to see that Sprint is on the list of supported carriers for a webOS 2.2 app... Leads me to think there ARE Sprint Pre 3s floating out there.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 10/02/2011 at 07:33 AM.
    I just tried an ATT SIM, and got the same error message (i.e. app not available for carrier), so I'm not sure how anyone is simply downloading the app from the app store? If you have been able to do that, can you please describe your setup, i.e. pre 3 model (UK, German, US ATT, US Verizon, ...), and if it's a GSM phone, which carrier's SIM you had when you were able to download. It would also be helpful to know if you've gone through any steps to "personify" another carrier or country of origin for the device.

Thanks ...
    Can somebody share with audience a link to skype.app for pre 3, please?
    got mine from the app catalog. Using it on an at&t pre 3, usa, prepaid sim,
    got mine from app catalog...US ATT Pre3 running 2.2.3 on ATT 4G....
    Actually come to think about it, I'm not positive if it's really because of the carrier.

Reason I come to this is that I have a whole bunch of apps installed on my Pre 3 now, where none of them have Bell Mobility listed as a supported carrier....

Nonetheless I'll give it a try tomorrow when I borrow a Rogers SIM.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    It's only integrated on the europe devices. With webOs 2.x apps can integrate seamlessly into messaging (this is called "synergy plugins"), that's what the palm skype app (and also the facebook app) does. So it's theoretically possible to install the skype app on "any" webOs 2.x device.

From my perspective the problem could be packaging the app... but maybe there are special things build into the system for skype.
    I have read this entire thread, and perhaps I am dense... But is it NECESSARY to have a Skype app, for a US AT&T branded Pre3, running on AT&T's network? Is Skype not integrated into Messaging/Contacts/Etc, as it is on the Touchpad, and as other messaging protocols have been integrated in previous versions of WebOS?
    Here is the link to the app: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...palm.app.skype. When I try to go to it from my ATT Pre3 with either a T-Mobile or ATT SIM, I get an error telling me my carrier is not supported.
    I have webOS 2.2.3 as well.
    It's integrated if you have it installed. If you don't have it, then you have no skype functionality at all.
    For those of you with Skype, do you have the option to video chat with the front facing camera?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast