Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #21  
    hey ahsirg, download the EU doctor, unpack it, and find the Skype IPk in it. You can install it by doing a root-install, allow me some time to give better instructions!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    soorma, let me know once you have this, I'll test on my veer.
    Soorma likes this.
    This is great! I'm on a Veer -- very curious if this will pop up in our store.
    Soorma, I think installing the ipk gives no good, I'd be very happy if I'm wrong though
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Has anyone installed on an AT&T pre3 yet?
    Yeah, just installed it now
    Made the test call to the echo service, works fine!

btw, should note: I already had my Skype account info in my HP account, delete that first before installing the from the App Catalog. I didn't do that the first time around and my phone crashed and rebooted, lol. After installing, just set up your Skype account as normal. Oh, and it's not your usual "app", just enables Skype in your accounts and allows you to use it.
    Last edited by aimfire72; 09/20/2011 at 06:48 PM.
    now you just to dump the IPK and provide a link for the rest of us to test it on.
  7.    #27  
    Yeah, the root-install is a no go. I mean it installs and I can see Skype under accounts (on Veer!) but when it installed it gave me a error about "Cannot satisfy the following dependencies of com.palm.app.skype: skypem". It also does not login.
  8.    #28  
    the app ID is com.palm.app.skype
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ahsirg:
    com.palm.app.skype

edit: oops. Didn't see that Soorma already answered!
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Soorma likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    the app ID is com.palm.app.skype
    Can I download this for a Pre Plus 2?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by hanggaw View Post
    Can I download this for a Pre Plus 2?
    I do not know since I only have a Pre3 and a Veer. You can try extracting the ipk from the Pre3 EU Doctor and doing a root install using the instructions provided by TopTongueBarry (those are for the ATT Nav app but same stuff)

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3144923
    landford likes this.
    If we can get the IPK from the HP catalog that will be probably include any dependencies.
    I've been trying to install it on my UK pre3 on AT&T, but I get an "unknown error" when trying to log on and it appears to uninstall itself.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by imthejman View Post
    I've been trying to install it on my UK pre3 on AT&T, but I get an "unknown error" when trying to log on and it appears to uninstall itself.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
    That is what I got when I tried logging in on my Veer. Maybe its a server issues?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I looked for skype on my veer in the app catalog and nothing came up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    webOS 2.2 only

Soorma, how'd you get it on there to begin with? *noob* ~ maybe it needs more than just the ipk for skype.. and some other files we're overlooking
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eighthree View Post
    webOS 2.2 only

Soorma, how'd you get it on there to begin with? *noob* ~ maybe it needs more than just the ipk for skype.. and some other files we're overlooking
    Hey Guys, its Post 21 and and 31. Follow that and see how that goes. When I do a root-install, it says something about dependency on skypem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey Guys, its Post 21 and and 31. Follow that and see how that goes. When I do a root-install, it says something about dependency on skypem.
    skypem? is that some library of some sort..
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Heh too much work for me, Ill just wait until the att pre 3 gets here and just do it the easy way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I installed it on my ATT pre3 and it winds up integrating the same as my UK pre3. I'm guessing it was not on there by default because ATT wouldn't allow it, but, since these aren't ATT's phones, HP put it in the catalog.
    Earlier today I heard that HP is now planning to release the AT&T Pre 3 webOS doctor because they've distributed so many AT&T Pre 3's to employees, making it available will reduce the need for internal help desk support.

So far this information remians an unconfirmed rumor, however, it makes some sense, and it does offer those of us with AT&T Pre 3's longing for a webOS doctor a little bit of hope ....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Vociferous and Volcom45 like this.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast