1.    #1  
    I would literally pay 1k for a Sprint Pre 3 if one magically ended up on Ebay(not that it will).

What would you pay?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I would never do that, Im not sure why people get stuck with their carriers so much. I was with sprint for 8 years. No more webOS from them so I bought a $49.00 pre 2 swtitched to att and I just purchased an att pre 3 for 400 and Im going to use it on my month to month contract on att.
    I would pay 1k for a sprint pre3 in a heart beat!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I'm cheap - $200
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    750$ max for now. Paying off a new car.
    $200...maybe $250. But I just bought a Pre 2 on ebay for the Pre minus Frankenpre operation, so who knows?!
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I would never do that, Im not sure why people get stuck with their carriers so much. I was with sprint for 8 years. No more webOS from them so I bought a $49.00 pre 2 swtitched to att and I just purchased an att pre 3 for 400 and Im going to use it on my month to month contract on att.
    and how on earth did you get that pre3 on att for 400
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    $1
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostjb View Post
    and how on earth did you get that pre3 on att for 400
    At the moment I am not allowed to disclose that information, that was one of the agreements I made with the seller.
    Quote Originally Posted by drahgon View Post
    I would literally pay 1k for a Sprint Pre 3 if one magically ended up on Ebay(not that it will).

What would you pay?
    If I could get out of the AT&T contract I just signed up for about 2 weeks ago (I was with sprint for 10 years or so) I would probably trade both of my Pre3s (which I paid about $730/ea) and would toss in my new Pre2 if I could get hardware support for say 2 years (I paid about $400 for Pre2).

I'm in it pretty deep with AT&T right now ..!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    So you bought your pre 3s and you still signed a contract?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    $500-600.
    Here's the only way you will ever get a Pre 3 working on Sprint:

Buy a verizon Pre 3 off of eBay or wherever you can get one.

Illegally change the firmware ESN to match the ESN of your old Pre - (or any other Sprint phone's ESN).

Call Sprint and do an ESN swap to the Sprint ESN you've illegally changed your Verizon Pre 3 to mimic.

Don't forgot to toss out , destroy mangle, or burn the device you stole/copied the Sprint ESN from.
    To Sprint's system, your Pre 3 looks like whatever phone you got the Sprint ESN from.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Barry,

That's a start. But it's a little more complicated than that. ;-)
    Best bet is Franken Pre your Frankened Pre to a Frankenfrankened Pre.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    $500
    I'll just sadly give up beyond that.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Barry: When I have a job again, that will be tempting... *looks at pile of Pre minuses*
    I think $1,000 would be my max but I'd pay it!