Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Mize
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I'm planning to use Rod's and Soorma's impersonation guide on an AT&T Pre3 but I'd really like to do a zero-level dump of the system before I do that just so I can dig through the OS later.

I tried just using tar to /media/internal but novaterm craps out when I do this.

Any ideas?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    I'm planning to use Rod's and Soorma's impersonation guide on an AT&T Pre3 but I'd really like to do a zero-level dump of the system before I do that just so I can dig through the OS later.

I tried just using tar to /media/internal but novaterm craps out when I do this.

Any ideas?
    If you install openssh from preware, you can use scp -r to get what you want. That's how I do backups on my FrankenPre or TouchPad.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    If you install openssh from preware, you can use scp -r to get what you want. That's how I do backups on my FrankenPre or TouchPad.
    Sounds like a plan...OpenSSH has to be over wifi though, right?
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Hey Mize, I do not know about that but can you follow these instructions? This will give us the ATT Nav ipk (I hope)

Copying Apps from the Phone to the TouchPad
    There are some Apps that you can't find in the TouchPad App Catalog.
    - To get those on your TP you need to install Internalz on your Phone.
    - Copy the App directory to your Media Partion
    - Put your Phone in USB Mode and copy the Files to your PC
    - Repack the App to a IPK using: http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-packager.html
    PM me with the file if it works! Thanks!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Thanks Soorma. I'll give it a shot. For whatever reason I got my ATT pre3 and decided I wanted my Veer tonight, go figure. Anyway, I'll do this routine tomorrow.
    Soorma, mr2sweet and zfrogz like this.