Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    at 840 dollars, still have to pay shipping ..... funny
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    One just sold for $900. Free shipping though. So there's that. Um, yeah.
    Thats a lot of money to pay for a phone that isn't even faux G or LTE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Even if the MEID is "clean," that may not be the entire story. Unless Verizon's database shows the specific device, VZW won't know what *kind* of device it is, and how to provision it, and may not activate it.

From what I understand, VZW is in the process of incorporating those few Pre3s into its MEID database, but it may not be finished yet. A VZW Pre3 may not work *yet*, but will probably work *soon." Take that as you will. {Jonathan}
    Yes, since VZW's "open network" policy, enacted a few years ago, this shouldn't be an issue. People have come from Sprint, etc, or wherever, with devices that get approved rather quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post

I believe there are just as many Verizon pre 3 phones as there are ATT pre 3 phones but someone figured out that releasing only a few at a time would garner higher bids.
    I want to believe that too. But I've been monitoring the sfbay.craigslist.net for one and have not seen very many at all. The number of AT&T ones have outnumbered Verizon 10-to-1 (just my guesstimate based on contacting the AT&T/Verizon sellers to see how many they have).
    - Greg

My Palm Pre Evo Tree
    Pilot 5000 -> 1MB Upg -> Zire -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 4-yr abstinance -> Palm Pre!
    I believe something is keeping the VZW Pre3 supply low... perhaps HP isn't selling them any more, or is placing more severe restrictions on them somehow; Verizon might have intervened to prevent any more from being sold. There's no way the e-bay sellers are sitting on thousands of these and maintaining this much discipline to keep the prices high.
  7.    #27  
    whatever it is, people are being absurd spending upwards of $900 for a phone. Amazon has the Pre 3 for AT&T for $250 and a bunch of people want to pay 4x that amount just because it's on Verizon? Sounds like a bunch of ebay-ers buying from each other to create a faux demand.

Won't be seeing me buying one at that price. Sad to say, but I could buy 4-5 Android devices (or even iPhones) at that price. Nothing special for people to be spending that much money on.
    it looks like the buyers are boycotting the high vzw pre3 prices - the few being offered on e-bay are sitting unbid and unsold. one is being offered now for $599, still pretty high but headed in the right direction. that probably would have been the full retail off-contract price for the Pre3, which no one ever actually pays of course.

still, I have a feeling there's something we don't know. I think it went something like this:

HP: hey verizon, we've sold some of these phones to 'employees', but they're not able to activate them... please add all these MEID's to your system

Verizon: we're not interested in activating any of these phones. give us the MEID's of the phones you have ALREADY sold, and we'll add those. BUT NO MORE. put the rest in the shredder.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    it looks like the buyers are boycotting the high vzw pre3 prices - the few being offered on e-bay are sitting unbid and unsold. one is being offered now for $599, still pretty high but headed in the right direction. that probably would have been the full retail off-contract price for the Pre3, which no one ever actually pays of course.

still, I have a feeling there's something we don't know. I think it went something like this:

HP: hey verizon, we've sold some of these phones to 'employees', but they're not able to activate them... please add all these MEID's to your system

Verizon: we're not interested in activating any of these phones. give us the MEID's of the phones you have ALREADY sold, and we'll add those. BUT NO MORE. put the rest in the shredder.
    I just caved and bought one of those exact ones for $599 you mentioned. Definitely not as low as I was waiting for, but I figure that is the retail price for an iPhone and many androids...... Its far more logical than 800-900. I think one person still has one on there for $1,000 buy it now. You have to be insane. The main reason I jumped is because what they are saying on page 2 of this thread terrified me.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...old-out-2.html

They were basically saying that there are no more AT&T pre 3's and the rest of the verizon ones will be trashed and they are shutting the store down mid this month.
    We should start a grass roots letter writing/petitioning campaign. It saved "Family Guy" from the ashes....
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    I just caved and bought one of those exact ones for $599 you mentioned. Definitely not as low as I was waiting for, but I figure that is the retail price for an iPhone and many androids...... Its far more logical than 800-900. I think one person still has one on there for $1,000 buy it now. You have to be insane. The main reason I jumped is because what they are saying on page 2 of this thread terrified me.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...old-out-2.html

They were basically saying that there are no more AT&T pre 3's and the rest of the verizon ones will be trashed and they are shutting the store down mid this month.
    I do understand the concern, and I'd like one of the Verizon models as much as anyone. However, I'd like to say that, at this point, this is speculation and hearsay. Granted there is not any definitive information coming from anywhere, but there is no indication that the Verizon models will not follow the exact pattern that the AT&T models did a few weeks ago. It was not too long ago that obtaining ANY Pre3 manufactured for a US network was considered at best unlikely, and at worst, impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Escapingjavert View Post
    I do understand the concern, and I'd like one of the Verizon models as much as anyone. However, I'd like to say that, at this point, this is speculation and hearsay. Granted there is not any definitive information coming from anywhere, but there is no indication that the Verizon models will not follow the exact pattern that the AT&T models did a few weeks ago. It was not too long ago that obtaining ANY Pre3 manufactured for a US network was considered at best unlikely, and at worst, impossible.
    Hp sunnyvale store is closing this week. If they have thousands vzw pre3, they
    Better sell those phones to public instead of employees only. Or they are
    Just trashing the phones without selling any?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    verizon hp pre3 | eBay

for those interested.

there's even a couple of "kits" complete with touchstones. not sure if they're for the pre3 or not though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crakeur View Post
    verizon hp pre3 | eBay

for those interested.

there's even a couple of "kits" complete with touchstones. not sure if they're for the pre3 or not though.
    Thanks, still too expensive for an unsupported phone, would like to see the rate of innovation next year for iphone before I spend that type of money.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    you can always buy the hp unlocked, unbranded. they seem to be selling for around $245 now (like the AT&T models).

I don't know if the verizons will come down in price like the AT&T phones. It seems as if there were more AT&T phones than Verizon phones made. When HP announced their ending production of hardware, AT&T announced that they were cancelling their order. You never heard Verizon say anything about it.
    the hp sunnyvale store still has no vzw pre3 for sell.
    what are those guys thinking? only 4 days left before store being closed!
  17.    #37  
    I think it would help if all who were interested called HP and asked when they are going to release the HP Pre 3 for Verizon like they did for AT&T. Tell them that you see the AT&T Pre 3 on Amazon for around $250 and would like to know when the Verizon Pre 3 will be available.

I think if enough people call to raise the demand, they may release it the same way as they did with their AT&T build. It's a long shot and certainly would only work if they truly had stock in VZW Pre 3 builds, but otherwise, we can only wait and see what happens with webos by the end of this week. Unfortunately if timelines aren't shown soon, I'm going to have to go to the dark side as my phone is breaking down to the point that I need a new one. Pre 2 isn't on my list. Pre 3 was, but certainly not for more than $250.
    so disappointed still no vzw batches come to the market today! lets hope tomorrow.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12