1.    #1  
    just bit the bullet and ordered a hp pre3 with vodafone from carphonewarehouse. have switched it on, put my language as english and tried to login for webos, so entered my login details - the same one as my touchpad - wont login, checked my vodafone internet settings and i see to have the G showing up. so dont know whether its me? or the phone or vodafoen that needs help.

i havent even got to the menu page yet lol and i have had the box open for 2 hours lol hellpppppp
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Does it say it can't restore data? I have the same problem.

Creating a new profile works, but I can't log into previously created profiles, it gives me an error when it tries to restore a previous backup, even if there isn't one on that profile.
  3.    #3  
    no it just says sign in failed this may be due to low network coverage or the phone settings on your sim card need to be entered manually.
    so if there is anyone on vodafone, u has the correct settings? please let me know cos i cannot phone vodafone from my phone as it cannot get past this bit lol and seaching on the net hasnt helped as this phone is so new and rare lol
  4.    #4  
    am on the phone to vodafone they have dont know anything about the phone, they want to send me a text with internet settings but i keep telling them i cannot get texts or view them as i cannot get past the webos login - which they have never heard of lol
    I'd try using the Impostah procedure to get past WebOS activation and check if it's a software problem (then I'd doctor it) or a network coverage problem.
  6.    #6  
    ok i will look into that, so annoying that vodaphone nor hp can help lol i just wanted to check the phone out a bit before i played with confusing downloads lol
    Don't worry, the procedure is rather simple:

- Type #* on the keyboard instead of doing the activation procedure;
    - Type 3386633# and press the Enter key
    - Activate Developer Mode and restart the phone
    - Install the phone driver (just start the doctor without connecting the phone to the PC, it will install the drivers without doctoring your phone)
    - Install Preware through WebOS Quick Install (click on the "globe" icon and type the app name to find it)
    - Connect to a wi-fi network
    - Start Preware and download Impostah
  8.    #8  
    thanks i managed to drive around for 5 miles until i had completely full signal and it finally signed in for me.

now i cannot get the bloody thing to charge lol, have tried car charger, touchstone and plug in lol really not destined to have this phone and its been a very frustrating day.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I've been experiencing the same problem since the day i received my Pre 3 phone like 3 weeks ago... I have been in contact with HP wbOS support like a 100 times, but their costumer service really isn't what it was under Palm... So far they haven't managed to solve the problem, but says it's a server-problem which affects a lot of Pre 3 owners, and that they are working on it... Hopefully they'll find a solution soon
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimboo View Post
    I've been experiencing the same problem since the day i received my Pre 3 phone like 3 weeks ago... I have been in contact with HP wbOS support like a 100 times, but their costumer service really isn't what it was under Palm... So far they haven't managed to solve the problem, but says it's a server-problem which affects a lot of Pre 3 owners, and that they are working on it... Hopefully they'll find a solution soon
    They said the same thing to me, server issues that affect quite a few users. Sounds like a poor excuse to me, but whatever. I just hope they are working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spybreak View Post
    They said the same thing to me, server issues that affect quite a few users. Sounds like a poor excuse to me, but whatever. I just hope they are working on it.
    I have same problem. Today I canīt ask HP support.
    Did you solve this problem?
    Thanks.
    Thanks unconformist

I would like to add a few more steps step.

- Open Impostah, click on profile and then delete current profile. Restart the phone.
    - You will be back at the profile creation page however this time you will have wifi access (since wifi connection was set in prior steps). I had no problems connecting via wifi. I was using a go phone sim (with 10 MB package added).
    Have you doctored to 2.2.3 Yet? They say it helps with activation issues. Assuming you're talking about USA phones anyway.