Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Soorma
  • 1 Post By TopTongueBarry
  • 1 Post By TopTongueBarry
  1.    #1  
    I have a UK Pre3 and I am very happy with it. I'm also glad they have already released at least one update and the webos doctor for it. Anybody know if the same will be true for the US versions? Does the carrier need to approve updates before they go out? I'm tempted to buy a US version for the 4g but I'm worried about losing all support. I suspect we will at least see a doctor for them eventually, don't you think? But updates? Would updates have to come in the form of newer webos doctors? Hmmm...
    Hey zfrogz, your best bet is to change your Pre3 tokens to turn it into a EU Pre3. Nothing changes except for the fact you lose bloatware ATT apps, gain skype, and can doctor!

Check out my thread "ATT Pre3 (not for sale)" for the details and be sure to thank ROD!
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Hey zfrogz, your best bet is to change your Pre3 tokens to turn it into a EU Pre3. Nothing changes except for the fact you lose bloatware ATT apps, gain skype, and can doctor!

Check out my thread "ATT Pre3 (not for sale)" for the details and be sure to thank ROD!
    Whatever you do, keep the AT&T Nav app. That is something you need.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Whatever you do, keep the AT&T Nav app. That is something you need.
    At present I don't believe this is possible (to doctor to ROW version and keep Telenav). You can do a root install of Skype into the US version, but you still won't have a doctor for that "just in case" event.

Now if someone can get ahold of a doctor for the US version....
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    At present I don't believe this is possible (to doctor to ROW version and keep Telenav). You can do a root install of Skype into the US version, but you still won't have a doctor for that "just in case" event.

I'm working on it but even if I get it, I'm pretty sure I would have to sign an NDA. But I'll try my best.
    Wouldn't you be able to extract the telenav app and reinstall it after a meta-doctor? After all it's on the phone. As long as you didn't post it publicly, you own it, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post

Man, I've posted this a dozen times already. Doesn't anyone do searches around here?

You can take the att telnav ipk from the veer doctor and do a root install of it on your EU Pre 3

The ATT TELNAV IPK from the Veer doctor works just fine on the Pre 3 (you have to do a root install of it). Only one problem I have found so far. Once it gets the route to your destination and displays the maps, it it's smaller than the Pre 3 screen . Still very usable.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Man, I've posted this a dozen times already. Doesn't anyone do searches around here?

You can take the att telnav ipk from the veer doctor and do a root install of it on your EU Pre 3

The ATT TELNAV IPK from the Veer doctor works just fine on the Pre 3 (you have to do a root install of it). Only one problem I have found so far. Once it gets the route to your destination and displays the maps, it it's smaller than the Pre 3 screen . Still very usable.
    I ve have seen you posted this numerous times and for me thats works great because I never look at the map I just listen for the direction but since we have some att pre 3 owners now, can they just the the ipk from there att pre 3 phones, token it for the eu tokens then install the ipk from their pre 3 again?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Never mind Im over thinking myself. There is no doctor for att pre 3 so what I said its not even possible from my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I ve have seen you posted this numerous times and for me thats works great because I never look at the map I just listen for the direction but since we have some att pre 3 owners now, can they just the the ipk from there att pre 3 phones, token it for the eu tokens then install the ipk from their pre 3 again?
    For some, its not so easy to create an ipk from an att pre 3 that works for installation later, however, yes it is possible to do it.From my own personal experience, the ipk's don't always work. It usually takes me three or more tries before I'm able to create one that works. Don't know what I'm doing wrong or differently on the ones I create that don't work. Remember to test your ipk before you count on using it for inatallation later

But why bother making the ipk when a usable IPK is already easy to come by.

1). Download the veer doctor
    2). open it up with 7zip
    3). find the att.tar file under resources
    3) open up that tar file and copy the att telnav ipk to your desktop.
    4). copy that ipk to your Pre 3, then follow the root ipk installation process.
    restart your pre 3

(if you are asked for a pin before ATT Navigator will finsih loading the first time you run it use the last 4 digits of your att wireless phone #)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    9520G likes this.
    I'd personally be bothered by the small map size...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I rather use the veer IPK, its nice having navi but only use it a handful of times a year, im definitely going to get skype because I use that on a daily basis. Thanks for the info!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    So when I get my ATT Pre3, do I create the webos (palm) profile like I did my TP? Won't that allow me to get the pre3 doctor right from HP?
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    So when I get my ATT Pre3, do I create the webos (palm) profile like I did my TP? Won't that allow me to get the pre3 doctor right from HP?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you must be dreaming.

They'll probably show the serial number as invalid when you try to get the doctor.
    Soorma likes this.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you must be dreaming.

They'll probably show the serial number as invalid when you try to get the doctor.
    We'll see just what happens later this week won't we?

BTW I PM'd ya again
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    We'll see just what happens later this week won't we?

BTW I PM'd ya again
    I got it and replied. Thank you so much!

As for getting the doctor from the device's palm profile , we already know what will happen. the device is officially not released, so the serial numbers are not in the production system. You'll just get an invalid serial number page when you try to download the doctor from your profile.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I got it and replied. Thank you so much!

As for getting the doctor from the device's palm profile , we already know what will happen. the device is officially not released, so the serial numbers are not in the production system. You'll just get an invalid serial number page when you try to download the doctor from your profile.
    I'll try logging in as Randall.Stephenson@att.net or Leo.Apotheker@cloud9.hp.com. I bet one of those two have a Pre3 account. I wonder of Leo or Randall have 4G touchpads?
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Any chance that the EU doctor could be modified to look for and accept the ATT phone. Change the doctor instead of changing the phone's tokens?
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts

indeed, I had read your previous post & only seek a way to either pull the larger graphic version off the pre3 or at least use some installed files to *******ize the veer version into larger maps.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    I have a ATT Pre3 and I can clarify that there is NO doctor available. I have listed the instructions about 20 times, go look in this section about how to turn your Pre3 into a EU Pre3 and then you can doctor the EU Doctor.