View Poll Results: should i keep or sell my pre 3

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • KEEP

    49 87.50%
  • SELL

    7 12.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

    ive had the pre for about a week now, great mobile but i just cant decide wether to keep it or sell??

    when i first recieved it the battery drained quite fast, but after installing preware and a few patches it lasts a day and a half with light/medium usage with 3g, data usage/roming turned off


    since the battery was initially bad i have quickly gone into the mindset of ultra light usage (just txt's and calls)which has kind of distanced me from the pre, which has made be question to keep it or not?...

    im the sort of guy who likes to be a bit different from the croud which is swaying me to keep it as there are not alot of the pre's to go around,

    for example,

    when the first iphone was released in the u.s.a. i imported it to the uk the week it was released, at first i could only use it as a ipod and web browser as no unlock was avaliable

    time passed and i unlocked it and then 'jailbreaking' came around.

    i remeber so many people saying to me

    'the iphone is ****** because

    it was too big
    lack of bluetooth file sending
    no physical keyboard

    this is no b.s now but them same people who said all this now have 1 or 2 iphones each! and i have distanced myself from iphones since more or less now, everybody has one which would be a good reason to keep the pre??

    POLL, TO KEEP OR NOT TO KEEP??

    advice and comments welcome
    Last edited by smell; 09/18/2011 at 07:29 AM.
  2.    #2  
    I have a touchpad too and will be keeping that definately
  3. #3  
    keep it.
  4. jutleys's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    #4  
    Well I have a pre3 and and HP veer and a touchpad and wouldn't part with any of em.
  5. #5  
    If battery life is the issue then I hate to break it to you but the Galaxy s2 I'm using right now lasts unilateral about 3 in the afternoon. And it has great battery life. But I use it. Alot.

    And I have friends with iPhones who have to recharge in the middle of the dalifey because they USE IT. alot.

    If you want great battery life get a blackberry or a Nokia. Otherwise welcome to the wonderful world of smartphones.
  6. monotok's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #6  
    i like to be different and sold my pre 3 and got a DVP because i think Windows Phone 7 is the most different you can get
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    If battery life is the issue then I hate to break it to you but the Galaxy s2 I'm using right now lasts unilateral about 3 in the afternoon. And it has great battery life. But I use it. Alot.

    And I have friends with iPhones who have to recharge in the middle of the dalifey because they USE IT. alot.

    If you want great battery life get a blackberry or a Nokia. Otherwise welcome to the wonderful world of smartphones.
    how do you explain 40% drop in 3 hours in standby? "welcome to the wonderful world of smartphones" lol

    that was on its first charge and before prepare and patches though
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by monotok View Post
    i like to be different and sold my pre 3 and got a DVP because i think Windows Phone 7 is the most different you can get
    I did have a Samsung onmia 7 on release, sold it after 5 months...
  9. #9  
    One good reason is the user replaceable battery.

    Although it looks like they will initially stick to the standard one , http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...3-battery.html
    Mugen might actually make a 2500MAh enhanced battery for it.
  10.    #10  
    thanks for your votes guys, keep them coming

    those who voted 'sell', why? .....
  11. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by smell View Post
    how do you explain 40% drop in 3 hours in standby? "welcome to the wonderful world of smartphones" lol

    that was on its first charge and before prepare and patches though
    all batteries need to power cycle a few times to get back to normal.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    all batteries need to power cycle a few times to get back to normal.
    true, that with the patches = :-D
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by smell View Post
    how do you explain 40% drop in 3 hours in standby? "welcome to the wonderful world of smartphones" lol

    that was on its first charge and before prepare and patches though
    Dude, the same thing happens with my GS2. The exact same thing. The problem is multitasking. An unseen application burning up the CPU in the background. I almost got the HTC Sensation but I hear the situation is worse. Take it from me, if you leave Webos for Android, you'll have the same rude awakening that I had. Modern multitasking smartphones kill batteries.

    The iPhone has better battery life because it does a great job of faking multitasking. But if you talk to my sister, her iPhone 4 can still run out before the end of the day if she's taking pictures ans listening to music etc.

    So yes, the occasional 40% drop in battery isn't just a problem with your Pre 3. Get an Android with Sense or Touchwiz and watch the battery drop like a stone.
  14. #14  
    Oh and fyi, I'm on my Samsung GS2 right now and I'm at 22% battery and it's 2:30 pm. By 3:30 I'll need to plug in. That's my day. Every day.
  15. #15  
    Where's the "Give my Pre 3 to SirataXero" option?

    I can't find it anywhere.

    Seriously though, keep it.
    smell and JonVon like this.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Dude, the same thing happens with my GS2. The exact same thing. The problem is multitasking. An unseen application burning up the CPU in the background. I almost got the HTC Sensation but I hear the situation is worse. Take it from me, if you leave Webos for Android, you'll have the same rude awakening that I had. Modern multitasking smartphones kill batteries.

    The iPhone has better battery life because it does a great job of faking multitasking. But if you talk to my sister, her iPhone 4 can still run out before the end of the day if she's taking pictures ans listening to music etc.

    So yes, the occasional 40% drop in battery isn't just a problem with your Pre 3. Get an Android with Sense or Touchwiz and watch the battery drop like a stone.
    all modern smartphones usually require a charge overnight I know, my desire hd battery wasn't nowhere near as bad as your sgs2, my pre battery problem was due to needing a few battery cycles, seeing a 40% drop in 3 hours whilst on standby with no apps running was scary and a first, from owning all sorts, hd2, desire hd, iphone 4, omnia 7 just to name a few
  17. #17  
    And honestly, keep it if it does what you need it to do. I got the GS2 because I needed to be able to read pdfs and write word documents on the go.

    At first everything was great, until...

    The Word docs I edited on my phone would have horrible formating problems when sent to my desktop. Used two different Android office suites and they were both terrible. Decided not to get Docs to Go, and just gave up on editing Word Docs on my phone all together.

    I really started to miss WebOS notifications. They really are brilliant.

    I miss inductive charging. I just love it. It feels like I'm living in the future.

    And most importantly, the multitasking. In WebOS, I've come to realize how incredibly simple and yet brilliant the cards metaphor truly is. In Android, if I'm in the middle of writing an email, and I have to look something up on the internet and I suddenly get a call, and I suddenly have to look up another email, I'm screwed. I know it sounds like something that you would never care about, but all day long, I'm emailing, and looking things up on the internet and adding information to my calendar all at once.

    And in WebOS I never get lost. I never have to think, how am I going to look at two emails at once. I never have to worry about the OS shutting down my email session. And recently, I installed an email widget on my GS2 and my gmail app stopped syncing. Completely. The OS decided that because I'm using this widget, I don't need gmail to sync. At all. Grrrrr.

    Everytime I come back to WebOS after being in Android land, it feels like I'm coming home.

    If you want a phone to show off to your friends, get the Galaxy S2. Seriously. I've made many an iphone user jealous. It's super slim, and the screen is gorgeous, the camera is the best in business, and the live wallpapers are amazing, and it's super responsive, and it's got tons of apps.

    If you want great notifications, inductive charging, and superb multitasking, keep the Pre 3.

    And it's kind of sad that all the sexy tech that the GS2 has means nothing to me if I can't get my work done on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Vociferous; 09/18/2011 at 04:11 PM.
    cobrakon and smell like this.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    And honestly, keep it if it does what you need it to do. I got the GS2 because I needed to be able to read pdfs and write word documents on the go.

    At first everything was great, until...

    The Word docs I edited on my phone would have horrible formating problems when sent to my desktop. Used two different Android office suites and they were both terrible. Decided not to get Docs to Go, and just gave up on editing Word Docs on my phone all together.

    I really started to miss WebOS notifications. They really are brilliant.

    I miss inductive charging. I just love it. It feels like I'm living in the future.

    And most importantly, the multitasking. In WebOS, I've come to realize how incredibly simple and yet brilliant the cards metaphor truly is. In Android, if I'm in the middle of writing an email, and I have to look something up on the internet and I suddenly get a call, and I suddenly have to look up another email, I'm screwed. I know it sounds like something that you would never care about, but all day long, I'm emailing, and looking things up on the internet and adding information to my calendar all at once.

    And in WebOS I never get lost. I never have to think, how am I going to look at two emails at once. I never have to worry about the OS shutting down my email session. And recently, I installed an email widget on my GS2 and my gmail app stopped syncing. Completely. The OS decided that because I'm using this widget, I don't need gmail to sync. At all. Grrrrr.

    Everytime I come back to WebOS after being in Android land, it feels like I'm coming home.

    If you want a phone to show off to your friends, get the Galaxy S2. Seriously. I've made many an iphone user jealous. It's super slim, and the screen is gorgeous, the camera is the best in business, and the live wallpapers are amazing, and it's super responsive, and it's got tons of apps.

    If you want great notifications, inductive charging, and superb multitasking, keep the Pre 3.

    And it's kind of sad that all the sexy tech that the GS2 has means nothing to me if I can't get my work done on a daily basis.
    all true about the sgs2, its a beauty, inside and out. I were going to get one but then swayed towards the pre 3 to compliment my touchpad

    what device will you use to edit your word docs now?
  19. #19  
    Hah! Well, when I move back to Webos I'm going to move on to Tapnote. Very nice app. And moved to using Google docs. Goodbye MS word.
    Last edited by Vociferous; 09/19/2011 at 09:46 PM.
  20. #20  
    Pre3 is a keeper if you are not much into lot of apps and internet telephony which are important for me...but as a phone and multitasker this rocks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions