Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    OMG... my fury for HP.... what do i do with it? I just feel like punching something.
    If you're mad at HP, you must either A: have been a massive investor or B: have been a hardware partner, if you're anyone else and are so mad you feel like punching something, then I recommend to take some anger management classes
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Of course, all these auctions are kicking in *after* I convinced a friend to get her mom in the UK to get me one... and of course, the stupid thing's been in the US for 9 days and she still hasn't put it in the mail. Bah!
    Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    IIRC, isn't tomorrow (18th) the day Verizon is supposedly going to offer the Pre 3 ? Or am I off by a month ? I bought a Blackberry 9650 off of craigslist to keep from going back on contract just in case the Pre 3 is offered. I am not holding my breath though, it makes me blue.
    Last edited by lactose; 09/18/2011 at 01:02 AM. Reason: delirious from lack of sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    It is unlocked, so its a HP person.

There is no such thing as an unlocked CDMA phone, and that is what this thread is discussing. A Verizon CDMA Pre3 for sell on ebay.

Now I hear the same guy has a couple of ATT phones up also. Not sure if those are unlocked.

This is from the ebay listing questions:
    5. Is this unlocked?

Answer: Ummm, it's CDMA, so it's Verizon only. The GSM Sim is locked, but it is possible to get it unlocked from Verizon if you ask nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    There is no such thing as an unlocked CDMA phone, and that is what this thread is discussing. A Verizon CDMA Pre3 for sell on ebay.
    Um...isn't the Verizon Pre 3 supposed to be a world phone? If so there's a sim card slot in there that can be unlocked.
    I guess this puts any thoughts of upgrading to a pre2 on hold. If one Pre3 exists and can be sold, then thousands exist and can be sold.
    Hmm. I wonder how many more of these will make it into the wild.
    Crap, I just bought a Pre 2 on ebay a few minutes ago....
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I think youre still safe, the only one verizon pre 3 I saw sold for almost $800.00.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I would give my first born for this phone. Probably.

As it stands right now, I'm going to have to make my Pre Plus last a very, very long time. I stand behind webOS, as the best mobile platform out there, far superior to both Android and iOS. Looks like my missing keystrokes are here to stay. Sigh.

So, so sad. I'll never buy another HP product again...unless it's a Touchpad or Pre3!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    Um...isn't the Verizon Pre 3 supposed to be a world phone? If so there's a sim card slot in there that can be unlocked.
    Except in the questions on the auction he specifically says the Sim Slot is LOCKED. Read my entire my post above.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Im not very sure about that, its a "world phone" meaning its great to travel with. As we all know Verizon uses CDMA technology so why would they lock the SIM slot if its made so you can use anywhere in the world.
  13.    #33  
    Except in the questions on the auction he specifically says the Sim Slot is LOCKED. Read my entire my post above.

...except he said that it can be unlocked. which is correct. read his entire post above

Quote Originally Posted by auction
    5. Is this unlocked?

Answer: Ummm, it's CDMA, so it's Verizon only. The GSM Sim is locked, but it is possible to get it unlocked from Verizon if you ask nicely.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I did read your post and it still didn't make sense. You said there is no such thing as an unlocked CDMA. This phone has CDMA and GSM built into one. So yes technically the CDMA aspect can't be unlocked but the GSM aspect (sim card slot) can be unlocked. So you can use it on any GSM carrier assuming it has the right bands/frequencies.
    In my experience, Verizon new generation phones not possible to change the carrier. Old generation phone can (I can unlock Verizon Pixi+ & Pre+, and can be use to other carrier). And world phone usually locked. The GSM bandwidth locked and can't be use freely. So unless you are very expert in editing & change carrier of CDMA phone or you will use Verizon as carrier (which possibly Verizon won't support it), I don't suggest buy this phone. Better buy unlocked one such on GSM version of UK & German. GSM version of AT&T seems have big chance can be unlocked by digitalunlock.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Is it me, or do we all seem to just die a little bit more everytime we see a new sighting of a Pre 3 on a US carrier? Ugh. Could someone please take Leo "THE Moron" Apotheker out back to the wood shed and properly school him in the ways of not disappointing your customers?

I keep hoping for a shareholder revolt to toss the board and THE Moron. Class action lawsuits take too long.
    Of course we want it. But I don't think it will happen to have sales
    Apparently there's a verizon webOS doctor now.

Now to just have more of these things show up on eBay.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    Im not very sure about that, its a "world phone" meaning its great to travel with. As we all know Verizon uses CDMA technology so why would they lock the SIM slot if its made so you can use anywhere in the world.
    Verizon locks their SIM slot to an international carrier (can't remember who), so technically the SIM is locked to the carrier they have a contract with. So you would have to get the SIM slot unlocked to put another SIM in it. For CDMA it is still "locked" to VZW. Depending on the frequencies, if you unlock the GSM side it is possible you won't get 3G speeds in US and I am pretty sure it doesn't support the ATT "4G".

I think that should clear up all technicalities in this matter.

Now the big question, is VZW actually activating these phones on their network?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be selling them if there wasn't a post in the other thread about someone activating them..
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast