Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    So I got my Pre 3 for around $650 shipped - I noticed today that they are selling for hundreds less - there is even a buy it now for $475! - so it appears pricing is getting a bit better for the more patient folks out there.
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    So I got my Pre 3 for around $650 shipped - I noticed today that they are selling for hundreds less - there is even a buy it now for $475! - so it appears pricing is getting a bit better for the more patient folks out there.
    Average price still 255, Some going for 240, others 290
    just bought mine, QWERTY UK, for 185 including shipping to Toronto on eBay...can't go wrong at that price in my mind...!
    was wondering how long the high prices were going to stay high

maybe/hopefully the price trend will drastically drop
    Quote Originally Posted by tchaten View Post
    where did you pre3 from? Is it a qwerty?
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Bought mine for 360 10 days ago. It hasn't been shipped yet due to Paypal being ******** in regard to my new address. The seller is shipping it on monday, will get it on thursday.

Now I hear this... worst deal of my life.
    The sellers are going to lose money (on ebay) or they are not going to get sold

in the UK they were 10.50 a month on a 24 month contract which works out at 252 pounds, sell it on ebay it has to be 300 minimum just to cover costs and break even

I have one but I won't list it on ebay, and defiantly will not sell for less than what it is costing me. I would much rather keep it and give it one of the kids and let them use it than sell it at a loss
    Keep in mind that some of those lower prices are UK-ship only. When I got mine for 340 pounds, there were plenty that were less but wouldn't ship internationally. So it seems that we in the U.S. get to pay a premium.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    I got both of mine for $445 shipped soon after the release, no way I was paying any higher
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    To be honest, even those new prices are exorbitant! Wish they were way cheaper since I can't justify paying that much for the phone even though it is relatively 'rare'. Just my opinion though. Just asking...is it too late to see much development for webOS? I'm hoping that since the touchPad are many people's hands, it might spark some interest. I doubt though. There are some key applications which I really want for my Pre.
    It seems that those who want them the most (i.e. the USA) are stuck between a rock and a hard place with sellers

Sellers need to recoup at least costs, and the USA don't want to pay the costs we in the UK have to pay, so either sales will dry up and the USA will have to do without and we in the UK keep them and use them or sell at a loss to UK only

Its interesting as I had a Nokia N900 (still have one) Nokia disowned the phone only 4/5ths complete but they are still selling for a reasonable price on ebay etc despite being a dead phone

so in 12 months time our Pre3's may still be selling for the same kind of money they are now

But it does seem that its not so much the UK people that want them, but the USA
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I got my QWERY one on eBay not too hard to find - I was finding good prices on eBay recently
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad
    If it'd hit 300 id buy. Can't go beyond that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    If it'd hit 300 id buy. Can't go beyond that.
    $ or
    Sadly dollars. It's going to suck to pay more for att. So can only allow myself to pay what I can sell my evo 3d for.
    Quote Originally Posted by smell View Post
    $ or

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    same here, not willing to go all out if I can't use the full width of the att band.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Guys think about it, there are so many TP's and Pre's put on for silly money, with so many people undercutting them they are going to have to follow suit.

Although mind you havn't seen and TP's drop hopefully when the next 200,000 are released