Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Just received my Pre3 and it's pretty damn awesome. However, I am still on Sprint, but plan to go to AT&T in October.

Question is: What is my first step?

I currently have a Palm Profile on both a TouchPad and my FrankenPre2 on Sprint.

I plan to go to AT&T with my gf (also a FrankenPre2 user) and get some WP7 and Android phones for free (or cheap) since we have to sign a new contract anyways.

Once I have a SIM Card working on a WP7/Android phone, can I just simply swap it out and put it on my Pre3, boot it up, sign into my Palm Profile and it work just fine and dandy?

Just don't want to ruin my Pre3 before I get it up and running.

Also plan to use my SIM Card with a Veer, but using a different profile that I have.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    You dont have to sign a contract, just go there get a sim and you will be on a month to month basis.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    You dont have to sign a contract, just go there get a sim and you will be on a month to month basis.
    Imma be on AT&T for a while anyways, so I figure I sign the contract and get the free phones anyways and learn about WP7 and Android more.

Imma go talk to an AT&T store rep today (went to a AT&T authorized dealer last time) and get some more official word on some questions.
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    if you are getting a free phone with an att contract, just make sure that you have the correct plan for the pre3 (smartphone data or iphone plan), you can just swap the sim cards between any phones.

I had an iphone 3g and I just swapped the sim to my veer, no problems whatsoever.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    if you are getting a free phone with an att contract, just make sure that you have the correct plan for the pre3 (smartphone data or iphone plan), you can just swap the sim cards between any phones.

I had an iphone 3g and I just swapped the sim to my veer, no problems whatsoever.
    I will be getting the 4GB with tethering. It seems to me the only phones with specific data plans are Blackberrys and iPhones. In our case, we are getting an Android and WP7 phone.
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Get a 4G Veer. I got one for $0.01 after savings and a two year contract. AT&T store had the white and the black for same prices. They wanted $70.00 for the darned touchstone and car kit though. Waaahaaaa, no way. Little did they know HP is giving them away to anyone who buys before Sept 30th.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Get a 4G Veer. I got one for $0.01 after savings and a two year contract. AT&T store had the white and the black for same prices. They wanted $70.00 for the darned touchstone and car kit though. Waaahaaaa, no way. Little did they know HP is giving them away to anyone who buys before Sept 30th.
    Already have 2 Veers (Panda and Black). One of them will be my travel phone (when I need something small)
    Devices
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Already have 2 Veers (Panda and Black). One of them will be my travel phone (when I need something small)
    If only HP understood this need to have mutiple phones, maybe they might allow multiple phones on the same profile.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad