Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1.    #1  
    While chatting with HP support in the help app on my touchpad, I asked about the Pre3 launching on At&t. The rep said yes and soon. I would be happy but I'm on sprint. In any case, that's still good news for folks in the US. Don't know why I didn't ask about sprint. Maybe next time.

My chat log with HP support is attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/16/2011 at 03:59 PM.
    LCGuy, Rnp and TexZenFool like this.
    As fantastic as this would be, I'm not sure how much I'd trust a low level tech at HP.
    sledge007 likes this.
    I wish I could trust HP support personnel. There's a thread around here somewhere documenting a chat one of our members had with HP/Palm support and in the chat the support representative "Guaranteed" The Pre 3 would be released on Sprint.

Nuff said!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Like we haven't seen millions of false leads by reps before. =P
    Here's another fine proof of the support quality. Apparently HP doesn't even have a repair centre available right now
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Maybe the OP has a point? I just came off a chat trying to confirm this and the guy said yes it is coming but they're not allowed to say that. He clammed up when I started pushing about whether it's the AT&T surplus stock or a full production run (I'd assume the former). But that's two reps now saying the same thing.

Both could be wrong. Or not. We can but hope someone in HP is listening.
    It was supposed to be released soon at AT&T but not happened because HP announced to stop produce WebOS devices. So if AT&T still true will sell the Pre 3, what will happen if some defected and need replace or at least some spare parts to replace the damaged one. HP already stop make Pre3. If there is no stock anymore (sold out) AT&T can't do anything to help their customers. And surely AT&T won't let that happened.
    Bizarre. Ben from HP Dev relations just told people that no new updates to the Veer because the carriers do not wish to support items with no new hardware coming out (see below). And yet ATT will release another Palm piece of hardware?

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post3155671

edit: my guess is Ben would know the latest news. The support staff have probably not been updated since early August just like that Pre3 page on HP US is still up.
    Last edited by bluenote; 09/16/2011 at 06:38 AM.
    Not gonna happen, no matter how much an outsourced call center rep in the Philippines says otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Not gonna happen, no matter how much an outsourced call center rep in the Philippines says otherwise.
    Correct. No AT&T

It's coming to Sprint exclusively. That's why I pre-ordered 5.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    Hopefully this turns out to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Bizarre. Ben from HP Dev relations just told people that no new updates to the Veer because the carriers do not wish to support items with no new hardware coming out (see below). And yet ATT will release another Palm piece of hardware?

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ml#post3155671

edit: my guess is Ben would know the latest news. The support staff have probably not been updated since early August just like that Pre3 page on HP US is still up.
    Isn't he talking specifically about the AT&T Veer? Because of carrier approval? I guess the unlocked carrier-independent Veer will get updates.
    Found this in a random thread about a totally different topic, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of it. Dated today. Personally, I'm holding out for Verizon.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...lly-helps.html
    When my black beard grows, and I get skunk-faced, then we'll talk.
    Oops, missed that. My bad.
    <<threads merged>>
    Ain't happening. You're chatting with some overseas call (chat) center person who never got the memo about all the canceled ATT Pre3s.
  18. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    The title of this thread cracks me up.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I just called att, they dont have anything in there system about a pre3.
    <thread title updated>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast