Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    is this phone going to see a wave of apps being developed or is this going to be about as good as it gets. i got a veer and not much has progress in it and so im thinking the pre 3 will be the same.
  2. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #2  
    None of the apps in the catalog have been adjusted for the Pre 3's resolution, so you get a black bar at the bottom.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by c_legaspi View Post
    is this phone going to see a wave of apps being developed or is this going to be about as good as it gets. i got a veer and not much has progress in it and so im thinking the pre 3 will be the same.
    I have a Veer and a Pre3 and at least for games there are FAR more games compatible with Pre3 than Veer due to resolution(I assume). My apps backup for Pre2/Pre3 for the same Palm account is 10-20 times bigger than for the Veer.

    root@HPVeer:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications# ls -l | grep -v "com.pre" | grep -v webosinternal | wc -l
    40

    So roughly 40 apps/games on my veer

    I have 70 on my pre3

    and I have 69 on my pre2

    With the "lack of apps" situation in general on WebOS it was kind of surprising to me that HP would release a phone that would limit the apps even more than it already was.

    But in general my expectations are not high for lots more webos development on the phone platforms, it wouldn't surprise me if there was more TP users out there than all other WebOS phones combined at this point.

    I suspect there is a non trivial amount of apps in development for the TP, how many of them will see the light of day now - I'm not sure.
  4. #4  
    I just started learning ~ hold yer horses. Other folks prolly are in the same boat as I am.
    mivoligo and rbyrne like this.
  5. drewBB's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    #5  
    There is a thread (can't find it myself) somewhere which showed a list of apps/games tested on the Pre 3 and the outcome.

    It was very handy and should really have been stickied.

    I've bought a couple of games and they haven't worked despite being listed on the catalogue.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    None of the apps in the catalog have been adjusted for the Pre 3's resolution, so you get a black bar at the bottom.
    Not true. All of my apps have been optimized for the Pre 3 and run full-screen. And I'm sure there are others as well.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
    fredewins likes this.
  7. #7  
    IMO, the App Cat is alive and well, I check it everyday and there are always updates and new apps.
  8. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Not true. All of my apps have been optimized for the Pre 3 and run full-screen. And I'm sure there are others as well.
    Yes, it is true. Every single app in the catalog will have a black bar on the bottom. Prove otherwise.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Yes, it is true. Every single app in the catalog will have a black bar on the bottom. Prove otherwise.
    Music Player Remix does most certainly not have a black bar.
    Other apps that I know have no black bar: Quick Timers, AuctionMate, JogStats, UberRadio, just to name a few, but there are more.
  10. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Music Player Remix does most certainly not have a black bar.
    Other apps that I know have no black bar: Quick Timers, AuctionMate, JogStats, UberRadio, just to name a few, but there are more.
    Apps with a black bar: TweetMe, Engadget, Preware, Daily News, Converter, Google Maps
  11.    #11  
    well that's good to hear
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Apps with a black bar: TweetMe, Engadget, Preware, Daily News, Converter, Google Maps
    The one I found very surprisingly on this list, is Preware. Hopefully we shall see an update on this soon enough.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    None of the apps in the catalog have been adjusted for the Pre 3's resolution, so you get a black bar at the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Yes, it is true. Every single app in the catalog will have a black bar on the bottom. Prove otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Apps with a black bar: TweetMe, Engadget, Preware, Daily News, Converter, Google Maps
    So your comeback to your declaration that "none of the apps in the catalog have been adjusted for the Pre 3's resolution" is to name a couple that have the black bar? I'll grant you that 95%, maybe even 99% of all apps are still in that state, but there are developers that have made the adjustment and issued updates to get rid of that black bar. Hedami did for his Music Player Remix and I have for several of my paid apps as well. Change your phrase to "very few" and then you'll have my agreement.
    Last edited by appsotutely; 09/16/2011 at 05:55 PM.
  14. rashad1's Avatar
    Posts
    520 Posts
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    So you're comeback to your declaration that "none of the apps in the catalog have been adjusted for the Pre 3's resolution" is to name a couple that have the black bar? I'll grant you that 95%, maybe even 99% of all apps are still in that state, but there are developers that have made the adjustment and issued updates to get rid of that black bar. Hedami did for his Music Player Remix and I have for several of my paid apps as well. Change your phrase to "very few" and then you'll have my agreement.
    Every app that I've downloaded hasn't been adjusted. I got the Pre 3 a few days after it was released, so I haven't really seen much progress.
  15. #15  
    how many of those apps predate the pre3 and have had further development after the pre3 launch?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Yes, it is true. Every single app in the catalog will have a black bar on the bottom. Prove otherwise.
    I developed 3 apps in the catalog and they do NOT have a black bar, thus your statement that "every single app" has a black bar is false. Those apps are Music Player (Remix), GeoStrings, and Quick Post. Music Player (Remix) and GeoStrings both have free trial versions. Go download them and check it out yourself.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    Apps with a black bar: TweetMe, Engadget, Preware, Daily News, Converter, Google Maps
    for me no black bar on edgaget on pre3 ?

    http://files.linuxpowered.net/pre3/e...-09_162649.png

    also don't see one for preware, I don't see a google maps app at the moment

    http://files.linuxpowered.net/pre3/p...-09_163208.png

    edit -

    ok never mind I see it now after I swiped the notification away, I normally always have at least
    1 notification down there so didn't notice
    Last edited by natepre509; 09/16/2011 at 06:35 PM.
  18. #18  
    It's normal not to get updated apps. Pre3 was cancelled in most countries. Fortunately hb devs will support it cause they're not in it for the $$$
  19. #19  
    Headlines has been updated (and I highly recommend it), and Sports Live! too.

    Give devs some time...
  20. #20  
    I've updated both of my apps Amigo Music Player and Voice Recorder to use all screen on the pre3
    rbyrne likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions