Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Does Verizon Pre 3 do "sms" with Touchpad? And where do I find the IMEI? on the phone I'm guessing, details?
    sure does.

iMEI on phone or box.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyph911x View Post
    Sorry buddy, i just bought the 598$ one on ebay.....

Good luck with the 650$ one.
    I bought the 650 one ("bundled extras") and it came with an extra battery...along with all the other crap in the bundle. I think the battery is worth the extra 50.
    hf199 likes this.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewpydog View Post
    I bought the 650 one ("bundled extras") and it came with an extra battery...along with all the other crap in the bundle. I think the battery is worth the extra 50.
    +1. I'm still getting the hang of my Pre3, but the battery does seem to drain pretty quickly. Im playing with the CPU frequency in Govnah...but so far its not doing much.
    I'm close to caving on a $600-650 bundle, but still want to see where the prices go. I'd love to get one for 400 but I dunno if it's gonna happen.
    I've seen more than one person say he bought 10-plus to resell. Considering how much the ATT version dropped, I'd wait. I coulda saved 200 bucks if I'd waited less than a week.

Of course, the vzw versions do seem rarer.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    webOS user since 20090606.
    I'm in Ireland right now using the Pre 3 as a world phone. It works, but not well. The GSM reception is awful. It keeps going in and out of coverage while my AT&T (voice only) phone has a strong, consistent signal, both on Vodafone. Maybe the GSM radio/antenna are weak? Or maybe something is wrong? I called Verizon and they report everything is set up correctly.
    Here's how to get a Pre 3 to work on Verizon:

1. Download the WebOS Doctor file from here:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...ntaverizon.jar

You'll need to have Java installed on your computer, running the latest version, etc.

2. Turn off your phone. Then get your phone into USB mode by holding Power and Volume Down at the same time until you get the big USB logo on the screen. For more info see http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2.../44768_en.html

3. Plug your phone into your computer using the USB cable and run WebOS Doctor. Follow onscreen directions.

After I did this my Pre 3 started to work properly and I was able to activate it without any issues. Sweet!
    Hmm. there's a number of VZW Pre 3's on eBay now, one of which is going for 549+10 shipping. Guess there's still room for the price to drop after all.
    they are on craigslist for 250! Yes verizon pre3
    Nowhere that I've seen. I'm afraid I don't live in san francisco.

Or if you buy one for me at that price I'll pay ya $300-350 =P
    Would I be able to install the Verizon Pre3 into my ATT and turn it into the world phone?? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harrisonpalm View Post
    Here's how to get a Pre 3 to work on Verizon:

1. Download the WebOS Doctor file from here:

http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...ntaverizon.jar

You'll need to have Java installed on your computer, running the latest version, etc.

2. Turn off your phone. Then get your phone into USB mode by holding Power and Volume Down at the same time until you get the big USB logo on the screen. For more info see http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2.../44768_en.html

3. Plug your phone into your computer using the USB cable and run WebOS Doctor. Follow onscreen directions.

After I did this my Pre 3 started to work properly and I was able to activate it without any issues. Sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxme View Post
    Would I be able to install the Verizon Pre3 into my ATT and turn it into the world phone?? Thanks
    If you have AT&T just get an AT&T Pre3. Why would you want a Verizon one?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by hf199 View Post
    Does Verizon Pre 3 do "sms" with Touchpad? And where do I find the IMEI? on the phone I'm guessing, details?
    It does (which is one of the biggest reasons why I want one) and its most likely behind the battery (I'm like 99.99999% sure)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    It does (which is one of the biggest reasons why I want one) and its most likely behind the battery (I'm like 99.99999% sure)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Be aware that sms doesn't fully sync. All incoming messages when connected will show up on the TouchPad and phone. And any outgoing sms will show up on
    Touchpad and phone. But all outgoing messages sent from the phone will not show up on the touchpad, making the tablet show a bunch of incoming messages with no continuity. I'm a bit disappointed but still like the feature.

Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Be aware that sms doesn't fully sync. All incoming messages when connected will show up on the TouchPad and phone. And any outgoing sms will show up on
    Touchpad and phone. But all outgoing messages sent from the phone will not show up on the touchpad, making the tablet show a bunch of incoming messages with no continuity. I'm a bit disappointed but still like the feature.

I believe they are working on an update for this problem. Also the next update for the Touchpad will include "sms" for Pre 2. That's why I'm holding off on the Verizon Pre3 for now. Why spend all that money and it can't even sit on the touchstone correctly which I have five of them spread around the house for me and my girl to charge.
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hf199 View Post
    I believe they are working on an update for this problem. Also the next update for the Touchpad will include "sms" for Pre 2.
    Doubtful, since it's the Pre2 that needs an update in order to enable SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Doubtful, since it's the Pre2 that needs an update in order to enable SMS.
    Apparently this update is supposed to add support for messaging with other phones too. At least that's how I understood it.

19. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=vasekvi;3211557]Apparently this update is supposed to add support for messaging with other phones too. At least that's how I understood it.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [url=

Nope. Support for pairing with other phones for calls only, not SMS. The Pre3 is the only webOS phone with the necessary Bluetooth profile for sharing SMS.
    [QUOTE=GHT;3211565][QUOTE=vasekvi;3211557]Apparently this update is supposed to add support for messaging with other phones too. At least that's how I understood it.

[i]-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [url=

Nope. Support for pairing with other phones for calls only, not SMS. The Pre3 is the only webOS phone with the necessary Bluetooth profile for sharing SMS.[/QUOTE]

In theory, any phone that supports MAP (Messaging Access Profile) will work with the SMS feature. I haven't tested it, but I have an iPhone here I'm probably going to test it with. I'll edit when I see.

EDIT: iOS doesn't support MAP, so there goes that...anyone else have a MAP supported phone?
    Last edited by d503; 10/18/2011 at 11:00 AM.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast