Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    I have to echo the feelings of others in this thread - the VZW Pre3s are currently sitting at prices the AT&T Pre3s were at two weeks ago. Assuming similar numbers of VZW Pre3s exist, the prices should come down fairly rapidly if these keep leaking onto the market. So, wait. You'll kick yourself if you blow $760 (current price of one about to end) tonight, only to see others snap them up for $250 in three weeks.
    webOS user since 20090606.
    I've noticed these ebay sellers are now starting their auctions at 650+ to try to keep people paying high. It bothers me, but at the same time I think it means the prices are going to come down soon if they can't just let an auction build up naturally to stupidly high prices. Hopefully people will wise up and not give into their price gouging.
    Registered right now to comment on this. I've been watching various channels for a while now to spot the Verizon Pre 3, and I'm really elated to be seeing them pop up on eBay. I've realized I barely do much browsing or app-using on my phone (hello, iPad), and I'm moving to a place without LTE coverage, so a Pre 3 sounds perfect.

Of course, I'm not really excited to be forking over nearly 800 bucks for one, but I hope they'll continue to trickle out for a while yet. I have some concern over whether their price will plummet like the ATT variant, seeing as GSM Pre 3s can be acquired from other sources (even if they'd use only one of ATT's two 3G frequencies), while there are no options for other CDMA Pre 3s.

Here's hoping the next few weeks will be kind to our wallets, as I really want one of these puppies. Not gonna lie, gentlemen, should I see the prices falls to a more reasonable 400 or 500 anytime soon, I'm probably going to pounce on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Tiger View Post
    Of course, I'm not really excited to be forking over nearly 800 bucks for one, but I hope they'll continue to trickle out for a while yet. I have some concern over whether their price will plummet like the ATT variant, seeing as GSM Pre 3s can be acquired from other sources (even if they'd use only one of ATT's two 3G frequencies), while there are no options for other CDMA Pre 3s.

Here's hoping the next few weeks will be kind to our wallets, as I really want one of these puppies. Not gonna lie, gentlemen, should I see the prices falls to a more reasonable 400 or 500 anytime soon, I'm probably going to pounce on it.
    This.
    I'm dying for one of these and I fear the price won't drop.
    Well I just got my (eBay) purchased Pre 3 today. It is a definite improvement over the Pre 2. However, I'm missing Classic (the patch doesn't work and Classic was the only way I could sync to MS Money, which is a pretty big deal for me!) If I could get that to work I'd be psyched.

The keyboard is way better. The screen is nice too. Text forwarding to Touchpad works. However, Touch to Share doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf View Post
    Well I just got my (eBay) purchased Pre 3 today. It is a definite improvement over the Pre 2. However, I'm missing Classic (the patch doesn't work and Classic was the only way I could sync to MS Money, which is a pretty big deal for me!) If I could get that to work I'd be psyched.

The keyboard is way better. The screen is nice too. Text forwarding to Touchpad works. However, Touch to Share doesn't seem to work. Am I missing something?
    It's tricky to get it work the first time. You have to tap the HP logo against the TouchPad card button.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Touch to share worked! Thanks for the tip. Now can you fix my Classic? Haha.
    Man.. if HP would have released the Pre 3 first and not the Veer, they would not be in the situation they are now. The Pre 3 simply amazing. WebOS 2.2.3 is polished and the smoothness of the OS is just insane.

The build quality is amazing

Google sync works perfect... Tons of bugs have been fixed

It's a shame HP did not release this phone.
    CAV AV8R likes this.
    Ebay price update: one just sold for $745. Good sign that price is starting to drop

-- Sent from my PandaPad using Communities
    I see pandas.
    Congratulations for owing a Verizon Pre 3. For the life of me, I can't justify paying over $700 for a phone.. no matter how rare it is.
    I've been meaning to ask this: is the GPS still gimped on the vzw pre 3? I love webOS but I'd also love not having to mess with GPS Fix for 3 minutes every time I want to use location services properly
    GPS seems about the same, although the new maps app starts a lot faster (opening maps always fixed the GPS for me on the Pre 2 and in my limited use on the 3 so far does the same).

I will say that thus far the Pre 3 battery life is way better than I've seen on any other device. I was just out of my office for 2 hours--leaving with the device at 100%--and returned with it at 93%. That was with receiving and sending several e-mails and text and some other light-moderate use.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I've been meaning to ask this: is the GPS still gimped on the vzw pre 3? I love webOS but I'd also love not having to mess with GPS Fix for 3 minutes every time I want to use location services properly
    GPS is a million times better than the Pre 2. GPS fix... What's that??? Yeah, don't need any fix. Bing maps seems to have more features and Google maps.

any location based apps like yelp seem to locate very fast... I would say probably about 5 to 10 seconds at the most.
    OK hearing that makes me want a Pre 3 even more. It looks like the eBay resellers are having a harder time getting people to bite so hopefully the price will go down now.

But you're sure this is all via the GPS and not with Google Location Services active?
    Okay, things just got a bit more promising. One dude is selling four Pre 3s for 600 bucks apiece. I am resisting the overwhelming urge to pull the trigger and buy one, but we have to remember that these were selling for $700-800 just two days ago. Keep resisting, fellas, and we may have ourselves some affordable Verizon Pre 3s yet.
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    Still holding out.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I think I'll get one, too, with prices coming down and good reports so far from VZW users here.

I was looking at Android phones on-line, but then held some at Walmart today. Those things are the size of sliced up brick! Apple is smaller, but iTunes for life is not my cup of tea.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    update-

I'm in with $599 "Buy-it-now" from E-bay just now. Can't wait to activate it later this month when my 6 mo "no-changes" agreement is up. Crossing my fingers it all works!
    One guy listed his as 599 obo.

Wonder if he'd hate me if I asked 400 lol
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I think this is the att saga from a couple weeks ago repeating itself again. Seems to me that prices will drop very soon.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast