Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Glad to hear you were able to activate the Pre3 on Verizon. Please give us an update on the phone (PICS) as you discover more about it.

Now if HP will just sell those Pre3's that they did make....
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kar1179 View Post
    Hmmmmm......just recieved my At&t Pre 3 from Fedex today.....activate it or find a Verizon one? At&t network sucks but the Verizon ones are going for too much on ebay. Is it an LTE capable phone?
    they are harder to find and deff more expensive. i'm pretty sure it is just a 3G phone. nowhere does it say LTE.
    (i'm in the Army and they like to stick us out in the middle of nowhere a lot and Verizon is the only way to get reception, so i'm kinda stuck with them)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I just looked on EBAY and a Verizon Pre 3 was sold for $750.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kar1179 View Post
    I've seen a couple on ebay from time to time but they are usually about $750
    thats about right on.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wizard83 View Post
    Glad to hear you were able to activate the Pre3 on Verizon. Please give us an update on the phone (PICS) as you discover more about it.

Now if HP will just sell those Pre3's that they did make....
    indeed. just installed preware and patches appear to be installing without issue
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Also of note. it says it is running webOS 2.2.3 my VZW Pre 2 shows 2.1.0
    johnj2803 likes this.
    What I want to know is...

Can you FrankenPre it? Can you swap the VZW CDMA radio with one from a Sprint Pre-, or is the radio a different form factor now? (I know you can't with the GSM Pre 3)
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    no clue here. (not nearly that advanced here. i basically just know enough to install some home brew/patches)
    I doubt it because they are entirely different phones and hardware. The only reason why it was so easy for the frankenpre was because palm just changed the outside and the inside was the same.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    touch to share works with the touchpad. (thru blue tooth)
    What I want to know is...

Can you FrankenPre it? Can you swap the VZW CDMA radio with one from a Sprint Pre-, or is the radio a different form factor now? (I know you can't with the GSM Pre 3)

I don't have a link, but I believe webos internals, and/or others have stated the hardware is not interchangable.
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 09/28/2011 at 07:04 PM.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Give Classic a try :-)
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Post rewritten!
    So, I have a couple of Verizon Pre3s and many veers for sale.
    If you're interested, drop me a line w/ offer. All doctored up to 2.2.3 and ready to go!

Okay I have gotten way too many PMs about this, none of which had offers in them. So drop me an offer in PM. Thanks+sry
    Last edited by jennykoeune; 09/29/2011 at 02:04 AM. Reason: PM overload! Updated quantity, rm'd ATT mentions
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I just talked to Verizon about this, and very knowledgable rep I spoke to said that they will allow any phone with a valid MEID to activate on their network (what used to be called the ESN). They have no interest in blocking a phone from working because it's somehow not 'official'.

HOWEVER, he told me that the MEID absolutely has to have been provided to Verizon by the manufacturer of the phone for it to be in their system. If HP canceled the Verizon Pre3 before ever sending the MEID's to Verizon, then as far as Verizon is concerned the phone doesn't exist and can't possibly be activated. The rep made it very clear that it has nothing to do with them 'blocking' the MEID's because the phone was canceled, it's just a matter of whether the MEID's were ever put into the system in the first place. Fortunately he said it's no problem at all to call customer service and ask to have an MEID checked to see if it's valid. Any seller that won't provide the MEID is hiding something.
    MEID and ESN is actually the same thing, except one is in decimal and other is in hex.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by jennykoeune View Post
    Well, I have Pre3s for sale. Verizon and unlocked AT&T phones.
    If you're interested, drop me a line. All doctored up to 2.2.3 and ready to go!
    Do you really have Verizon Pre3's for sale? I want one. Don't know how to PM from forums though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    Jenny - I can't PM you as I am posting from my Pre (irony, right?) but want to buy a Verizon Pre 3. Message me.
    how much for the verizon pre3's
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by jennykoeune View Post
    Well, I have Pre3s for sale. Verizon and unlocked AT&T phones.
    If you're interested, drop me a line. All doctored up to 2.2.3 and ready to go!
    I've sent you a PM regarding the vzw Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by mykanu View Post
    I've sent you a PM regarding the vzw Pre 3.
    PM me too, if you selling them. I would love to buy a Pre.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    I wonder why so many AT&T Pre3's are hitting eBay, and only a tiny handful of Verizon models (really, so far as I've read it's been like 3)? Are the floodgates about to open on the Verizon units? The sudden presence of the Verizon 2.2.3 webos doctor really gives me pause.

Like kar1179 I'm wondering whether I should open the unlocked AT&T Pre3 I'm receiving tomorrow, or just put it back up on EBay unopened. Very torn. I still have my Verizon contract to deal with somehow... I was willing to leave to get a Pre3, but would rather stay (I've been a Verizon Wireless customer since before Verizon Wireless existed, and have no wish to leave aside from my obsession with getting a Pre3)
    qwiklight likes this.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast