Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Would the eBay Buyer Protection cover you if the the phone doesn't activate?
    Only if the seller said that it would activate, it didn't, and he wouldn't give you a refund.
    My friend indicated that Verizon has no plans of letting this work on their network.
    Quote Originally Posted by CAV AV8R View Post
    yeah, i'm assuming it's real, just not sure if i'll be able to activate it or not.
    VERY interested in knowing if you're able to activate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearda View Post
    Only if the seller said that it would activate, it didn't, and he wouldn't give you a refund.
    Sounds like someone should post a question to the seller asking if he guarantees the phone to activate on Verizon. Right now, the only claim is that it's a Verizon Pre 3. What? You want to make calls with it? Who said anything about making calls?
    If you can tolerate limited cellular data, it would probably activate on Page Plus prepaid. Any ESN accepted (except Blackberry ESN range blocked). I have a P+ dealer account if you can't get it on Verizon.
    Page Plus Cellular - Talk Smart
    Palm M100 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755P > Palm Pro > Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    i know, right! i soooooo overpaid.
    Thats a good question about the buyer protection. hopefully i won;t have to find out, but if it comes to it, i'll find out and post it.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Verizon says they will activate any phone that works on their network even those that aren't theirs.
    the only thing i'm worried about is if the ESN is listed as stolen, then i'm SOL.
    I wouldn't worry about the ESN being stolen. Hardly anyone owns the phone yet to have it stolen .

Looks like the pair of Verizon Pre 3's on eBay went for $799 on a buy-it-now deal. The one on auction got pulled. If employees are getting this for $75, they are cleaning up on this.
    CAV AV8R likes this.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    yeah, not thinking someone stole it from someone who was using it, but since it wasn't released just hope Verizon or HP didn't block those ESNs you know?
    would they do that to unreleased equipment?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcohengd View Post
    My friend indicated that Verizon has no plans of letting this work on their network.
    I thought verizon had some sort of open network policy too. NOPE!
    My friend said exactly the same, Verizon will _NOT_ allow this phone to be activated on their network. No how, no way. He tried _everything_.
    I'd be surprised if Page (a VZ reseller) really allowed it, but if so cool. Else, Cricket or MetroPCS are always options! (Among other methods..)

The sellers surely don't know this, so i wouldn't blame them..
    Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunks View Post
    The sellers surely don't know this, so i wouldn't blame them..
    I don't know about that. If a seller is willing to take $800 for a phone that he paid $75 for, he'd better be responsible for something.
    I just talked to Verizon about this, and very knowledgable rep I spoke to said that they will allow any phone with a valid MEID to activate on their network (what used to be called the ESN). They have no interest in blocking a phone from working because it's somehow not 'official'.

HOWEVER, he told me that the MEID absolutely has to have been provided to Verizon by the manufacturer of the phone for it to be in their system. If HP canceled the Verizon Pre3 before ever sending the MEID's to Verizon, then as far as Verizon is concerned the phone doesn't exist and can't possibly be activated. The rep made it very clear that it has nothing to do with them 'blocking' the MEID's because the phone was canceled, it's just a matter of whether the MEID's were ever put into the system in the first place. Fortunately he said it's no problem at all to call customer service and ask to have an MEID checked to see if it's valid. Any seller that won't provide the MEID is hiding something.
    Years ago Verizon stopped activating the Kyocera 7150 onto their network for no reason. None they would admit to. It just so happens the phone gave the user the ability to choose 1X (which used up data) or "Quick-Net-Connect" (which used your minutes to surf the web, slow like dial up, but free on weekends and nights). Verizon will and can change their polocies quickly, and their emloyees are usually left in the dark about the reasons why.
    just bought one on e-bay.....lets see if got taken for a ride or not....
    When do you expect to have it in-hand? Anxiously waiting to find out if it activates on Verizon.
    I'm very interested to. I mean, if they won't activate, then what little hope I still have I can finally just throw away. I just got a Pre 2 and I am quite happy with it, but my heart has been set on a Pre 3 since February... hard to let it go.
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!!!!
    Johnson is right about the MEID, but thats just going onto your Verizon account and changing it online.
    After that just crank it up and set it up like any other pre.
    Just synced it, made a test call and test text, everything working great so far!!!
    Next i'll try to load preware and let you guys know how that works.

(also a note about the world phone capability. verizon included a "guide" on it and it says you can use an your own SIM card or program the existing sim card. however i haven't yet found where the slot it.....or for the battery for that matter. does this one even have a removable battery?)
    IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!!!!
    Johnson is right about the MEID, but thats just going onto your Verizon account and changing it online.
    After that just crank it up and set it up like any other pre.
    Just synced it, made a test call and test text, everything working great so far!!!
    Next i'll try to load preware and let you guys know how that works.

(also a note about the world phone capability. verizon included a "guide" on it and it says you can use an your own SIM card or program the existing sim card. however i haven't yet found where the slot it.....or for the battery for that matter. does this one even have a removable battery?)
    Hmmmmm......just recieved my At&t Pre 3 from Fedex today.....activate it or find a Verizon one? At&t network sucks but the Verizon ones are going for too much on ebay. Is it an LTE capable phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by kar1179 View Post
    Hmmmmm......just recieved my At&t Pre 3 from Fedex today.....activate it or find a Verizon one?
    don't know where you'll find a verizon one... but if you do find one, I'd love to know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Parenti@msn.com View Post
    Years ago Verizon stopped activating the Kyocera 7150 onto their network for no reason. None they would admit to. It just so happens the phone gave the user the ability to choose 1X (which used up data) or "Quick-Net-Connect" (which used your minutes to surf the web, slow like dial up, but free on weekends and nights). Verizon will and can change their polocies quickly, and their emloyees are usually left in the dark about the reasons why.
    They are quite arbitrary - for example after being acquired in the Altel aquisition I activated a verizon phone on my account and then later wanted to reactivate my Altel one - no dice. Once deactivated never allowed to reactivate.

Same thing when E911 phones came out.
    I've seen a couple on ebay from time to time but they are usually about $750
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast