Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree10Likes
    Can anyone help me try to activate my Palm Pre 3 on Verizon? I have doctored it to both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 per suggestions in the forums, I have updated my vzw profile with the Pre 3 MEID, but every time the phone turns back on, it says "scanning CDMA", the bars are all greyed out, there is no 3G symbol, and when it tries to call Verizon to activate, it fails.

Anyone have any thoughts?
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mvzarzana View Post
    Can anyone help me try to activate my Palm Pre 3 on Verizon? I have doctored it to both 2.2.3 and 2.2.4 per suggestions in the forums, I have updated my vzw profile with the Pre 3 MEID, but every time the phone turns back on, it says "scanning CDMA", the bars are all greyed out, there is no 3G symbol, and when it tries to call Verizon to activate, it fails.

Have you tried dialing *228? Then use option 1. The automatic activation has never worked for me on any webOS device. To be able to dial, choose emergency call, then backspace to delete 911 from the field and input *228.
    Yup..just use emergency dial and the *228 works everytime...just erease the 911

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    should be a bunch more verizon pre3's around as price drops bring phone under $300 including shipping. i bought 2 this week...one for $300 and the second for $299. You'l need to make and offer. $300 is automatically accepted. I tried $275 which went to seller who replied with $299 and said that was best he could do at his cost. At least I got 2 for what one sold for months ago. Now to get it and activate it. Won't let my Pre2's go until we have them working. Click this link...wierd looking link but it works:

˜… HP PLAM PRE 3 VERIZON 3G GLOBAL SMARTPHONE ˜… 16GB BLACK ˜… MATCH YOUR TOUCHPAD 886111711512 | eBay
    If your phone says scanning cdma and gives no bars, the more likely reason is that the meid is not in their system. I assume it's brand-new. I've seen this several times, and it requires calls to vz, usually to their network/backend people.
    in the beginning this was a bit annoying, but i assume that enough people have made these calls that it should go relatively painlessly.(fingers crossed for you!)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvzarzana View Post

The MEID should have nothing to do with locking onto a base station or not. Are you sure the WebOS doctor succeeded? Your problem sounds reminiscent of the original problem with the Pre 3. Verizon Pre 3s will not lock onto a base station fresh out of the box. The phone was shipped with a major bug. You have to WebOS Doctor it to get a working phone. Then you will be able to provision. I need to go through the old forum postings to refresh my memory on the details of the issue.
    I am having the same scanning cdma problem.

mvzarzana, did you ever get your phone working?
    Quote Originally Posted by foneman321 View Post
    I am having the same scanning cdma problem.

mvzarzana, did you ever get your phone working?
    All you have to do to fix this is go to the phone app and hit ##RTN#. then scroll to the bottom and hit reset. It will ask for your msl which is 000000 [6 zeros] Once you do that you are on baby
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011