Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    I did not know Verzon had the Pre 3.
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyb View Post
    I did not know Verzon had the Pre 3.
    It was never officially released, but they can be found on ebay if you're rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post

In theory, any phone that supports MAP (Messaging Access Profile) will work with the SMS feature. I haven't tested it, but I have an iPhone here I'm probably going to test it with. I'll edit when I see.

EDIT: iOS doesn't support MAP, so there goes that...anyone else have a MAP supported phone?
    Well no changes to messaging. No outgoing messages sent from the phone show up on the touchpad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    It was never officially released, but they can be found on ebay if you're rich.
    Hardly. There are buy it nows for $598 and I saw an auction end last night for $492 with shipping included. That less than what an iPhone and many androids cost off contract. And while it's discontinued, its still a better phone IMO. And who knows, it may be a collectors item someday. Maybe worth some $$$ down the road?
    It's pretty expensive for a phone with an uncertain future and uncertain resale value. An iPhone 4S is sure to be worth something a year or two down the road. As for the VZW Pre 3, it will either go down in price because no one will care anymore, or perhaps it will retain its value due to the limited run and collector's item status.

That being said, I can't wait for my $535 Pre 3 to arrive tomorrow. XD
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prefectionist View Post
    Hardly. There are buy it nows for $598 and I saw an auction end last night for $492 with shipping included. That less than what an iPhone and many androids cost off contract. And while it's discontinued, its still a better phone IMO. And who knows, it may be a collectors item someday. Maybe worth some $$$ down the road?
    Well, in my book, you have to be pretty well off to pay $600 for a phone with no warranty and uncertain future software support and app development.

Also, I was bidding on the $492 Pre3, but I came to my senses and someone outbid me in the last minute. I was glad of that. I had a max bid of $477, but realized I didn't want it that badly.
    paul-c likes this.
    Well, in my book, you have to be pretty well off to pay $600 for a phone with no warranty and uncertain future software support and app development.

Also, I was bidding on the $492 Pre3, but I came to my senses and someone outbid me in the last minute. I was glad of that. I had a max bid of $477, but realized I didn't want it that badly.
    Yeah. Keep waiting though. They're going for less and less each week. You'll get one for the price you want eventually
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Anybody had luck getting the sim slot unlocked? Or getting access to sim services? I called Verizon for an unlock code today, they said they will call me back with it.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Verizon called back - no unlock code from HP. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    At this point I'm going to stick with the Pre 2. Doesn't look like the Verizon version is going to drop down in price to the level the AT&T version is going for. I know that's probably just because they're aren't as many of them around, but I can't justify the price knowing that if I was on AT&T I could get the same phone hundreds of dollars cheaper.
    if it makes you feel any better, I'm seeing some bugs on the vzw pre3 that aren't on the at&t pre3.

especially constant TMC errors until I installed uberkernel, which seems to have stopped them.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c View Post
    At this point I'm going to stick with the Pre 2. Doesn't look like the Verizon version is going to drop down in price to the level the AT&T version is going for. I know that's probably just because they're aren't as many of them around, but I can't justify the price knowing that if I was on AT&T I could get the same phone hundreds of dollars cheaper.
    Well technically its not the same phone. The Verizon Pre3 is CDMA plus GSM.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c View Post
    Plus I believe "sms" will work with Touchpad with an update to the Touchpad in the future.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Plus I believe "sms" will work with Touchpad with an update to the Touchpad in the future.
    sms texting from TouchPad paired TouchPad Pre works now with webOS 3.0.4 OTA update.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    sms texting from TouchPad paired TouchPad Pre works now with webOS 3.0.4 OTA update.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    sms works with Pre 2 paired with Touchpad? wow i have to try it
    sms won't work unless the phone supports the MAP profile. The pre2 doesn't
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sms won't work unless the phone supports the MAP profile. The pre2 doesn't
    I thought so. I believe an upgrade to Touchpad will pair the phone in the future.
    Folks, I got this Verizon Pre 3 but was planning to sell since I am a TMobile user.
    Just now google search told me it got a SIM card. I was excited and opened it, found a verizon SIM card in it. Immediately stuffed my TMobile existing SIM card, started the phone. It seems its trying to contact Verizon to activate it. Not sure I am dumb to guess that the Verizon Pre 3 works for AT&T/TMobile kind of GSM networks.. Pl help me to understand this mess up.. Thanks and Happy New Year
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * AT&T32GB, 4S - UNLOCKED!!!! (total 5 of these, all with Android 4.4.4
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Pre 3: Three of AT&T Pre 3s, One Verizon Pre 3
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre3Fan View Post
    Folks, I got this Verizon Pre 3 but was planning to sell since I am a TMobile user.
    Just now google search told me it got a SIM card. I was excited and opened it, found a verizon SIM card in it. Immediately stuffed my TMobile existing SIM card, started the phone. It seems its trying to contact Verizon to activate it. Not sure I am dumb to guess that the Verizon Pre 3 works for AT&T/TMobile kind of GSM networks.. Pl help me to understand this mess up.. Thanks and Happy New Year
    Your phone is looking for CDMA networks only. This is take from the Pre3 manual "unlocked"

1 Open Phone .
    2 Open the application menu and tap Preferences & Accounts.
    3 Under Network, set any of the following:

Network Auto-Select: Set whether your smartphone automatically selects a network. If you turn auto-select off, tap the network to use.

Network Type: Set whether your smartphone automatically connects to any available network type, or whether to connect to 3G networks only or 2G networks only.
    First you need to select the network type, which on the Verizon model should give you the option of 'CDMA/EVDO', 'GSM/UMTS', and 'World Phone'

World phone is a both the CDMA and GSM radios simultaneously which would seriously kill battery life and I would imagine CDMA takes precedence over GSM so go to GSM only.

From there you should be able to do the manual network selection process to choose T-Mobile or AT&T or any other GSM network in range.

Also it should be noted this is contingent the SIM card slot has been unlocked, otherwise you will likely be asked to enter the subsidy unlock code as soon as it tries to access a foreign SIM with a Vodafone SIM being 'native'.
    Last edited by reedacus25; 01/02/2012 at 02:01 PM. Reason: SIM lock
    Quote Originally Posted by reedacus25 View Post
    This is take from the Pre3 manual "unlocked".
    Thanks for your reply.. but sorry that I didnt get you what do you mean by the above line...
    Do you think that I cant go beyond this activation process (of looking up for Verizon) and use my Pre 3 with the GSM Sim?
    My WebOS Wealth:
    TouchPads :
    * AT&T32GB, 4S - UNLOCKED!!!! (total 5 of these, all with Android 4.4.4
    * Touchpad GO with WebOS (total 3 of these, trying to get android on these... but how?)
    Pre 3: Three of AT&T Pre 3s, One Verizon Pre 3
    Want to sell any of the above for a good price(Just want to keep one go if I get android on them)
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast