Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. rbyrne's Avatar
    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have the Advanced system menu patch and i cant access the device menu or the today menu while in any app, i have to swipe up, check menu, go back.

    Is any one else experiencing this?
  2. #2  
    I experienced this yesterday but I only had the device menu patches. I stopped short of adding any of the Advanced ones. I had just gone through a webOS Doctor reinstall, so I didn't feel like doing it again, so I started uninstalling the all Menu patches one be one. Once I uninstalled them all, I was able to get the Device Menu to appear, and started reinstalling the patches again, checking the device menu after each one.
  3. #3  
    probably have another app or patch affecting the same things it does and they clash?
  4. rbyrne's Avatar
    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #4  
    My complete list of Patches:

    Advanced System Behaviour
    Advanced System Menus - Framework
    Advanced System Menus - App Menu
    Advanced System Menus - Device Menu
    Advanced System Menus - Today Menu
    Advanced System prefs - Framework
    Advanced System prefs - Calender Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - Email Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - Messaging Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - Phone Prefs
    Advanced System prefs - System Prefs
    Improved Photo Naming - Pre
    Improved Video Naming - Pre
    Muffle System Logging
    No Auto-Off While Charging
    Private Browsing
    Unhide Dev Mode Icon
    Unthrottle Download Manager
  5. #5  
    was there a set order for installing the Adv System stuff? think i read something regarding "installing it the right way" or i coulda just read a post with some1 guessing.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    I have the Advanced system menu patch and i cant access the device menu or the today menu while in any app, i have to swipe up, check menu, go back.

    Is any one else experiencing this?
    Maybe you accidentially did a long hold on the app menu (leftmost). This would switch your whole top bar to become the app menu. Just hold on the top bar until it shrinks back to app menu (left side) only, then your today and device menus become accessible again.

    It's a feature, not a bug

    Max
  7. rbyrne's Avatar
    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Maybe you accidentially did a long hold on the app menu (leftmost). This would switch your whole top bar to become the app menu. Just hold on the top bar until it shrinks back to app menu (left side) only, then your today and device menus become accessible again.

    It's a feature, not a bug

    Max
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

    yes this has solved the issue
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

    yes this has solved the issue
    Welcome. This had me startled for a while last week, too

    It's a feature meant for one-handed usage so you can reach out and get into the app menu even on the right hand side of the screen.

    Max
  9. rbyrne's Avatar
    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by m-h-k View Post
    Welcome. This had me startled for a while last week, too

    It's a feature meant for one-handed usage so you can reach out and get into the app menu even on the right hand side of the screen.

    Max
    Makes sense, there a lot of these little "tricks" around the phone, is there a document where you can view them all do you know?

Posting Permissions