Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mine is locked to Vodafone, its got no branding or splash screen but I tried an Orange sim card and it came up as SOS calls only
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Just tried with an orange Sim card again and tried manually changing the network settings, it was having none of it.
    in my case i used iOS,and long time android user, my pre3 arrived 2 days ago, i was wowed also by the way it looks the hardware is superb especially when the keyboard is out it looks beautiful. I think this is the best hardware ive seen on a phone, its minimalistic but looks good, like the hp logo at the back, the keyboard is second best after the BB9900. In terms of webOS, i dont know why it was not internationally released before, this a good OS, its the same level with the iOS, i mean its for professionals and geeks at the same good for all ages. If this OS was released worlwide before maybe lots of developer will make apps for it. From my observation webOS is better than android,i just wished that the phone (pre3) is thinner and has 4 inch screen with virtual keyboard..but overall its impressive,true OS for a phone..
    Ynshu likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hardcastle View Post
    Mine is locked to Vodafone, its got no branding or splash screen but I tried an Orange sim card and it came up as SOS calls only
    Really? That is surprising. I bought my Pre3 on a Vodafone (UK) contract from carphoneswarehouse.com and even that is not locked to Vodafone or any other network. I am using it with Vodafone in India with no issues.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Really? That is surprising. I bought my Pre3 on a Vodafone (UK) contract from carphoneswarehouse.com and even that is not locked to Vodafone or any other network. I am using it with Vodafone in India with no issues.

are you getting the "phone offline" sometimes?
    Quote Originally Posted by emorej View Post
    are you getting the "phone offline" sometimes?
    Nope. As I said, no issues at all.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    So back to my original question, is possible to unlock these handsets via third party or am i going to have to try and get Vodafone to do so?
    vodafone should do it for a small fee, but are you sure its locked as I got mine on Voda UK via Carphone warehouse and it came sim free

im pretty sure yours will be sim free as no networks took the phone on in the UK
    Is it possible to unlock these phones? Im seriously considering whacking my microsim with an adapter in and using it as my main phone.
    hi hardcastle,
    I had my original Pre- on O2. I was getting pretty desperate to get a Pre3, so I ordered one from Mobiles.co.UK on Vodafone at a tenner a month. I figured that even though the contract didn't have enough 3g data, I wouldn't need to use their SIM at all. This was lucky because it doesn't work yet (some problem that mobiles.co.UK blame on HP sending the wrong instructions to Vodafone). I just popped in my O2 SIM and joy..... Signed into my old palm profile and all is well. I've only had my Pre3 for a couple of days and I floating on a cloud of self congratulation. Throw your iphone in a bin, or give it to an Apple chimp (They'll love you forever - much better than bananas).

I'm typing this on my keyboard attached to my HP Touchpad. Whilst feeling incredibly smug, I can't help feeling that I'm having a betamax moment. But its fun while it lasts
    So back to my original question, is possible to unlock these handsets via third party or am i going to have to try and get Vodafone to do so?
    If it is truly locked, you might want to try Digital Unlock.

There is a group buy for Veer unlocks in that forum, you may want to look into their service. I would bet if you PM the poster of the group buy nicely he can possibly give you some information.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...group-buy.html
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJC View Post
    As someone who newer owned a smartphone before, closest is my first phone a Nokia 6110(1st gen) or my last phone a LG Cookie, I feared that the Pre3 interface wouldn't be as logical as promised. Now after two days of ownership I LOVE WebOS and the fact that everything feels logical after following the built in guide.
    Now go try to use Android and see how much better webOS is.
    Just add to the build quality statements, I didn't expect it to be that good to be honest. Although its made of plastic (rubber coat feel) its just feels very solid and the curved back make it feels so good to hold. This is the device and quality I wished palm launched with.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Could you post a pic of accessory pack pic please ?.
    you get:

the touchstone
    extra pair of earphones
    car charger with extra USB lead
    international charger
    and touchstone
    plus a 12 month free tastecard
    Quote Originally Posted by yus786 View Post
    you get:

the touchstone
    extra pair of earphones
    international charger
    and touchstone
    i am absolutely annoyed at cpw i ordered the package on 8th and they started this accessory bundle offer on 9th, and they are not willing to offer it to people like me.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ok so people are talking about signing in to a profile and it working ? When I first turned on my pre I created an account but when I change the sim card over do I NEED to sign in to a the hp account thing for network access? I wouldn't have though so but i'll check anyway.
    you get:

the touchstone
    extra pair of earphones
    international charger
    and touchstone
    you from HUKD ?
    yup
    you get: