Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    HP Pre 3 (Black) (Unlocked)
    "pre-order" I know but the first time i've seen the cdma world phone anywhere.

they also have the eu gsm version
    HP Pre 3 (Unlocked)
    I pre-ordered 5.
    I see pandas.
    for $549??? No thanks! I might be interested if it came down, but in no way shape or form am I paying more for a discontinued phone, than a discontinued tablet!
    You're funny
    LOL @ the specs

Internal - 8GB/16 GB storage
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Woot! Just received my pre-order confirmation email!

Now, just need to get my ebay listing ready to roll
    I see pandas.
    General
    2G Network
    GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    CDMA 800 / 1900

3G Network
    HSDPA 900 / 2100
    CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
    Does that mean it will work on Sprint? And if so, will Sprint allow me to use it on my existing account?
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    Does that mean it will work on Sprint? And if so, will Sprint allow me to use it on my existing account?
    Both Sprint and Verizon are VERY stubborn with activating unbranded phones . Go straight to their retention dept to beg them to activate it.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Both Sprint and Verizon are VERY stubborn with activating unbranded phones . Go straight to their retention dept to beg them to activate it.
    Almost every carrier is stubborn about it. I think MetroPCS is the one exception...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Almost every carrier is stubborn about it. I think MetroPCS is the one exception...
    HMMMM, ATT didn't mind that I got home yesterday and promptly yanked the SIM outta the wifes Veer and popped it into an unlocked Pre2.

Sorry, just so happy to be away from the lack of end user control that is CDMA.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    HMMMM, ATT didn't mind that I got home yesterday and promptly yanked the SIM outta the wifes Veer and popped it into an unlocked Pre2.

Sorry, just so happy to be away from the lack of end user control that is CDMA.
    Try doing that with an unlocked iPhone 4...
    Quote Originally Posted by scheumanrj View Post
    You might have some luck with VZ but Sprint is a definite no.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I find they all cooperate if you explain that their stubbornness is the reason you're cancelling your account...or accounts if you happen to be a small business owner
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Not going to get my hopes up on this... But if it is the real world phone I've been waiting for (on VZW right now), then I'd definitely put down that $549 for it...
    Palm Zire 72 > TX > Treo 700w > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Pre Plus > Pre 2 > Pre 3